Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell just not getting it done (Mega-merged)

FanSinceSonnyJ

Serious question, not trying to troll

Has anyone seen the "it" factor in Jason Campbell yet? You know, like a game winning drive that shows a QB has the ability to lead his team to victory?

Eli did it against the Cowboys the last week of the season his rookie year. Against Denver the next. Against the Cowboys this year (didn't get a win but you knew he could if the game was on the line).

Anyone see that in Campbell yet? The "it" factor that some QBs have and some QBs don't?

Has anyone seen the "it" factor in Jason Campbell yet? You know, like a game winning drive that shows a QB has the ability to lead his team to victory?

Eli did it against the Cowboys the last week of the season his rookie year. Against Denver the next. Against the Cowboys this year (didn't get a win but you knew he could if the game was on the line).

Anyone see that in Campbell yet? The "it" factor that some QBs have and some QBs don't?

More stupid bull****.

Campbell against the Giants last year, against Carolina last year, against Detriot this year.. Against the saints

A single drive doesn't come to mind, but the guy is unflappable. That's a huge key to this all.

i cant believe people are blaming Jason campbell for yesterdays game!I dont know whick game u were watching but,that game was all on the coaches shoulders.the play calling is horrible.this game was a example of how off our coaching staff is.The game is way too fast for Gibbs.they should take a page out of the Jets playbook from yesterday and spread the offence out and throw the ball down the field.:point2sky

Jason Campbell makes Patrick Ramsey look like Tom Brady. He is that bad. At this point, I would rather take Tarvaris Jackson over Jason Campbell. He just can't throw the ball. His release is slow as hell, he is never comfortable in the pocket, and his deep ball is extremely, extremely inaccurate. His much talked about "poise" is non-existent. An undrafted QB by the name of Tony Romo sits to pee is outplaying our first rounder.

IMHO, we need to go for Derek Anderson. This guy is going to be something special. In all honesty, it's better not to get a QB in the first round, as many of them turn out to be major busts. Carr, Alex Smith, Patrick Ramsey, and, yes, Jason Campbell to name a few. It's better to get a QB in the 6th round and develop him. Hell, even an undrafted QB if he shows potential.

The exceptions do not make the rule. If you look at the best quarterbacks in the league, young and old, they are overwhelmingly made up of high draft picks. Manning, Manning, McNabb, Cutler, Favre, Brees, Palmer, Ben R were all top 2 rounds. Yes you have Romo sits to pee, Hasselbeck and Brady representing the low picks/undrafted. But I would venture to guess a 6th rounder is much more likely to be a "major bust" than a 1st rounder.

We were also widely criticized by folks on this board for trying to do just that. Remember Jordan Palmer? 6th round draft pick with the big arm? Where is he right now...on top of the league? On his way to Canton?

whoever is ready to write him off needs to sit down, pop a xanex AND LOOK AT OUR RECORD. we are 2 games over .500 with a QB who is in his first full season. last year we never crawled above .500... give him time to continue developing and be glad/grateful we are still winning

Do you know what this garbage thread reminds me of? All the hoopla about how we should've made Tim Hasselbeck our starting QB. Remember that insanity? And why did some geniuses think that? Because he had great mobility and was able to think quickly. That's why he was (1) our future at QB and (2) better than anything else. When he was finally given the starting reins, he tanked, and convincingly refuted both premises being advocated by the same thinking that underlies this thread.

Good question. As for me, If he has "IT", I have not seen it. I'm not saying he cant aquire "IT", or maybe "IT" will come with more time. But I Just aint seeing "IT". Let me ask you. Do you think he has "IT". Have you seen enough of his game to make a reasonable evaluation of his skill/execution? I'd like to hear what other teams fans have to say cause its starting to drive me a bit crazy listening to our fans. So honestly tiki, whats your take on campbell?

you guys are rediculous our running game was on point yesterday so why throw that much? gibbs always sticks with whats working. we came back to win from losing 17-3. it shows we never give up. stop hating on campbell hes coming along. have faith. HAIL

haha.. i think it comes down to people just reallly dont think before they make a thread. they dont use their brains. they dont look at a scenario from every angle, they just see numbers (53.2 PR) and their like "omg! i need to go make a thread about this!" :laugh:

Well laddy, seeing that you are only 18 and aren't old enough to know Jack about Gibbs I, it surprises me in the least that you feel things are great with JC. Get back to me when you've been following this team for 40 years. :laugh:

My guess is you never even played the game, other than some Madden video game.

I will say it again on every thread about JC after this game. Those of you who think "he sucks", are wayyy offf, and those of you who think "he's great" are just as off.

I was at the game yesterday. The playcalling did NOT prevent JC from throwing the ball downfield. WRs WERE open and he simply did not see them. I am hopeful that this will change over time. Remember he had his worst game ever last weekend and was seemingly "gunshy" all day yesterday. That is to be expected from a young QB. FYI: JC also made some very nice throws/plays as well when we needed them. That being said, I believe this coaching staff has put JC in a position to "not loose games". When we win, that's good. Eventually we will face teams that are far better than the Jets and JC will need "to make plays to win a game for us". At the moment I don't feel the coaches have the confidence in JC and that has trickled down to the other players, including JC himself. That's not a good thing IMO. A perfect example is when yesterday we get the ball with 9+ minutes left and we run 6 times in a row with no threat of a pass. The Jets were playing run all the way and the coaches did not change up at all. Not a good sign to send to your young QB, let alone your entire team, especially the way the Jets were moving on offense. :2cents:

Do you know what this garbage thread reminds me of? All the hoopla about how we should've made Tim Hasselbeck our starting QB. Remember that insanity? And why did some geniuses think that? Because he had great mobility and was able to think quickly. That's why he was (1) our future at QB and (2) better than anything else. When he was finally given the starting reins, he tanked, and convincingly refuted both premises being advocated by the same thinking that underlies this thread.

"Garbage thread"? Kind of hard to see the forest through all those trees isn't it? :silly: Actually, I don't recall anyone clamoring for Hasslebeck, he was never an option. Where have I said bench Campbell? My point is the guy hasn't shown us jack yet and I'm not seeing any signs of progression. Many seem to agree with me. Some of you guys can't seem to deal with objective observations or discussions and resort to childish insults which is pathetic.

Well laddy, seeing that you are only 18 and aren't old enough to know Jack about Gibbs I, it surprises me in the least that you feel things are great with JC. Get back to me when you've been following this team for 40 years. :laugh:

So if someone young has a take, he gets disqualified anyways? HUH? If he speaks the truth, what's the difference?

man.... some people just put too much weight into age. a 10th grader who has been a fan for 10 years can still be a bigger/more intelligent fan than some 45 yr old fan that has followed the skins all their life

who cares? What proof is there you played the game? Actually the NFL is so different from the 80s, what would it matter if he/she saq Gibbs I.. I am personally 21 yrs old and have seen everything past Norv Turner and i think i have a good estimate on how i thikn has it and can be our franchise qb

Archived