Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Record Aside - Jets are not a bad team

HSW

I knew this would be a tough game going in. I saw the Jets

play a few good teams and they were never out of it for the

most part. They took Baltimore to the wire and should have

won the game (two dropped TD passes at the end of the game.)

The Jets are closer to their record last year than their record this year, IMO. They're a much better team than their record would indicate. Should they get Mr. McFadden next year, they will be flat out scary. We should be proud of this win. The jets are nowhere near as bad as their 1-8 record.

Funny you should mention the Baltimore game. The Ravens offense is darn near as dreadful as the Skins. Interesting comparison, don't you think?

Please, I'm begging you........don't try to sugar-coat this win by saying how good the Jets are.

They were ranked #30 in total defense in the league.........and we should have and COULD have exploited one of the worst defensive units in the league.

Sure, I'm happy with a win, but our record is not indicative of the skill level of this team. As much as I'd love to make the playoffs in hope that somehow a switch will magically flip and we'll come to actually play, I think all that will happen is we'll be surgically picked apart and further embarrassed.

Also, it just prolongs what clearly needs to end.......the Gibbs & Co. era.

I agree. The Jets aren't a bad team. I think they will go to the Superbowl. Ignore their 1-8 record and the fact that they have been a punching bag (in W-L's, not score) by everyone. At least with Pennington out they may have something to build on...

Not as bad as their record plus I think Clemens gave them a spark today. I figured this would be a close game, but I was hoping the Skins would show how good they can be and dominate.

I am still hoping that the Skins are a good team that has not put it together on a regular basis yet. They showed they can against the now 6-2 Lions so it still could happen.

The Jets are closer to their record last year than their record this year, IMO. They're a much better team than their record would indicate. Should they get Mr. McFadden next year, they will be flat out scary. We should be proud of this win. The jets are nowhere near as bad as their 1-8 record.

I agree. I was very proud of today's win. Especially the way Portis played.

While they are not a good team right now, they will soon be a much better team due to Clemens. He's pretty good, and we never rattled him. He looked more in command of his offense than Campbell did of his at times. He picked up the hot reads on the blitz and burned us over and over again.

Kudos to Clemens.

~Bang

why is it that we have to come up with excuses when our team doesn't handle an opponent

jets are not a bad team (1-8), record indicates they are terrible at everything, just look at the stats

are you going to say dolphins aren't a bad team either even though they are 0-8?

arizona isn't a bad team either, that was heard few weeks ago

i don't know, but to me a team's record and ranking near dead last in major stats tell me they are bad team

I don't get it ...seriously I really don't think there are ANY bad teams in the NFL and by bad team I mean teams that will beat themselves ...I mean look at the lions they looked terrible against us and the Eagles and world beaters against everyone else... The Phins are 0-8 but with the exception of the Pats game were in every game they have played ...going way back but when the Skins were 10-6 in 1989 one of those losses came to the 1-15 Cowboys ...the difference between the top and bottom is very small in the NFL ...any given sunday

Lol.

We struggle to beat a piss poor team without their best offensive (Coles) and best defensive players (Vilma) AND starting a rookie QB. They are near the bottom in every statistical category and were 1-7.

Completely predictable that our fans would start to talk them up after we damn near lost to them. Here is what I said in the middle of the fourth quarter:

So who is going to be the first MORON here to talk about how the Jets are under-rated, and the best 1 win team in NFL history... how we should take pride in beating them because they are actually a very good team?

Do I win a cookie for predicting the predictable?

Same crap after the Miami game. Same crap after the Cardinals game.

It's embarrassing, really.

They're a much better team than their record would indicate. Should they get Mr. McFadden next year, they will be flat out scary.

Don't think they really need him. They're fine with Thomas Jones and Leon Washington. They just drafted D'Brickishaw and Nick Mangold as well as Kellen Clemens so they should have a solid O-line and a developing QB in a year or two. Coles is playing well for the and Cotchery was a steal in the draft as well.

Keep in mind this team went to the playoffs last year.

Still, we should have taken it to them today. They might not be as bad as their record indicates, but we aren't as good as our record indicates. We have to improve or the Giants and Cowboys will pull away in the division.

Archived