Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Record Aside - Jets are not a bad team

HSW

Lol.

We struggle to beat a piss poor team without their best offensive (Coles) and best defensive players (Vilma) AND starting a rookie QB. They are near the bottom in every statistical category and were 1-7.

Completely predictable that our fans would start to talk them up after we damn near lost to them. Here is what I said in the middle of the fourth quarter:

Do I win a cookie for predicting the predictable?

Same crap after the Miami game. Same crap after the Cardinals game.

It's embarrassing, really.

like i said before snyder, whats embarrassing is that you continue to say your a skins fans...dont worry, we will crush your cowboys. :dallasuck

So, you getting your Romo sits to pee jersey on?

Gentlemen (& Ladies), please! Let's take the emotion out've this thread & review the ballgame objectively.....don't laugh. Now, although the jets did move the ball seemingly at will, & the kid they started at QB really played outstanding football, the Defense only gave up 13 points on the road, in a hostile environment (that stadium sure was packed to see us play their 1-8 squad). Although those critical Defensive personal fouls could've cost us the ballgame (in the first half!), the D atoned for their mistakes with an essential stop in OT. Yes, our defenders have & can play better, I am encouraged that the Skins hung in there & kept fighting. The obvious signature of a contender.

Offensively, today was frustrating. JC looked good at times, Portis looked great ALL DAY, and reciever play was a mixed bag yet again. It seemed that virtually the entire game, the O would move the ball with mechanical efficiency until the fellas entered scoring territory. Then, almost expectedly, our sleek, smooth machine sputtered & broke down like an old gremlin. Not to mention, it was patently obvious to me that Washington's success on the ground came via attacking the left side of the line almost exclusively. That one-sided running attack won't work against a higher quality opponnet. However, the Offense did make the play in the clutch, in the 4th quarter & especially in overtime. Yet again, making the plays to win late in games is the mark of a contender.

This is my take. There were positives, & yes, there were also negatives in the Redskins' play today. However, consider this; our dear ol' Skins sure are staying in the middle of the playoff hunt. AND our boys haven't even played their best football yet, while it appears the giants & cowboys have....

HAIL!

Gentlemen (& Ladies), please! Let's take the emotion out've this thread & review the ballgame objectively.....don't laugh. Now, although the jets did move the ball seemingly at will, & the kid they started at QB really played outstanding football, the Defense only gave up 13 points on the road, in a hostile environment (that stadium sure was packed to see us play their 1-8 squad). Although those critical Defensive personal fouls could've cost us the ballgame (in the first half!), the D atoned for their mistakes with an essential stop in OT. Yes, our defenders have & can play better, I am encouraged that the Skins hung in there & kept fighting. The obvious signature of a contender.

Offensively, today was frustrating. JC looked good at times, Portis looked great ALL DAY, and reciever play was a mixed bag yet again. It seemed that virtually the entire game, the O would move the ball with mechanical efficiency until the fellas entered scoring territory. Then, almost expectedly, our sleek, smooth machine sputtered & broke down like an old gremlin. Not to mention, it was patently obvious to me that Washington's success on the ground came via attacking the left side of the line almost exclusively. That one-sided running attack won't work against a higher quality opponnet. However, the Offense did make the play in the clutch, in the 4th quarter & especially in overtime. Yet again, making the plays to win late in games is the mark of a contender.

This is my take. There were positives, & yes, there were also negatives in the Redskins' play today. However, consider this; our dear ol' Skins sure are staying in the middle of the playoff hunt. AND our boys haven't even played their best football yet, while it appears the giants & cowboys have....

HAIL!

THANK YOU!

People are acting like we got destroyed out there. Almost 300 rushing yards, people. That's called ball control. The major problem was our offense lost its mojo in the redzone.

I'll take any win I can get. I'm happy our guys bounced back from that ass-raping last week and won a game on the road.

like i said before snyder, whats embarrassing is that you continue to say your a skins fans...dont worry, we will crush your cowboys.

So, you getting your Romo sits to pee jersey on?

Same BS as usual from you.

Because I can spot the steaming turd we've been putting on the field the last several games and am honest enough to call it what it is, I am a Cowboys fan. How original of you.

Tell you what, I'm a fan of this franchise who wants desperately to reclaim our glory. Unlike many here, I'm not going to cheer for medicocrity; I'm going to consistently demand excellence until we get it. If that makes me a Cowboys fan in your mind, then I'm quite certain the problem is with you and not me.

THANK YOU!

Almost 300 rushing yards

And yet we squeaked out a 3 point win in overtime against a 1-8 team. Glad to have a win, but I expected a little progression and improvement in the team. I shouldn't have to expect better coaching, but I do. Still happy we won, but I'm not searching ebay for SB tx.

another lazy win by the Redskins against a team that made just enough mistakes to show they didn't want it in the end :)

unfortunately, there are teams like the Patriots out there, and ones closer in Dallas and NY in the NFC East that DO want to win games and aren't going to crumble and allow the Redskins to rope a dope them.

HAIL!

Extremely well said. I would, however, say to you that while it's true we do possess qualities associated with those of a contender, it's unfortunately not enough to carry the team against more prolific teams. Last week vs. the Pats wasn't an anomoly.........it was a litmus test as to the state of our beloved team, and we failed miserably. That game revealed just about every one of the Skins' warts, and there were many.

I'm not all gloom and doom about the team. In fact, I believe we have a very talented group of players. I do feel, however, that we have a right to expect much more from the league's most over-paid, over-hyped coaching staff around at this stage of their tenure, injuries notwithstanding.

There's no way to ignore how bland and predictable the offensive playcalling is on a regular basis.

Also, as a sidenote, I can't help but laugh at all the love Portis is getting on the board today by some of the very people who were questioning his heart and calling for his head the entire week leading up to today's game.

And yet we squeaked out a 3 point win in overtime against a 1-8 team. Glad to have a win, but I expected a little progression and improvement in the team.

We showed lots of improvement on offense. Our team finally started churning out some yardage. We had 6 scoring drives. They had, what...3?

No improvement? What game were you watching last week? Our team looked like the 91 superbowl squad compared to how they played last week. Our offense made a big step forward today. Now they need to get the redzone offense fixed, and we will be respectable on offense. Our defense is very good, we just need to eliminate these costly 15-yard penalties on 3rd downs that have been killing us.

Please enjoy the win. You guys are Redskins fans. Your team won. Be happy. We are 5-3 and in decent position to make it to the playoffs.

I love the excuses that are made after we hardly won a game. Everyone always wants to say we play good teams. Even if they have only 1 win out of 8 games. Sorry people the Jets are bad and they played a scrub QB against us today.Take off the Redskin glasses and wake up. The Redskins aren't that good and it will show in a couple of weeks.

We showed lots of improvement on offense. Our team finally started churning out some yardage. We had 6 scoring drives. They had, what...3?

No improvement? What game were you watching last week? Our team looked like the 91 superbowl squad compared to how they played last week. Our offense made a big step forward today. Now they need to get the redzone offense fixed, and we will be respectable on offense. Our defense is very good, we just need to eliminate these costly 15-yard penalties on 3rd downs that have been killing us.

Please enjoy the win. You guys are Redskins fans. Your team won. Be happy. We are 5-3 and in decent position to make it to the playoffs.

Sorry, but I see our opposition as being several notches lower, but no real improvement on our end. Even my sis-in-law is able to reliably predict our play calling, and she is just a nascar slut. Even if Belicheat didn't get caught, he could have given his videographer the week off when we played them. The Jets beat themselves by dropping balls.

you rarely beat ANY team with poor quarterback play. no, campbell wasn't poor today, but he wasnt much better than poor. the defense again was fantastic, but the skins are going to have to do better than field goals if they have a decent shot at the playoffs

the redskins have finished their cupcake schedule, now lets see what they can do...

Cooking a few million jews aside, Hitler wasn't a maniac.

Lying all the time aside, Clinton wasn't a dishonest person.

Your record is the refection of how good or bad a team you are.

Period.

By the most fundametal indicator, the jets are bad.

Because I can spot the steaming turd we've been putting on the field the last several games and am honest enough to call it what it is, I am a Cowboys fan. How original of you.

Tell you what, I'm a fan of this franchise who wants desperately to reclaim our glory. Unlike many here, I'm not going to cheer for medicocrity; I'm going to consistently demand excellence until we get it. If that makes me a Cowboys fan in your mind, then I'm quite certain the problem is with you and not me.

its not that your negative. Its that you compare us to how great the cowboys are. You have a hard on for the boys.

you rarely beat ANY team with poor quarterback play. no, campbell wasn't poor today, but he wasnt much better than poor. the defense again was fantastic, but the skins are going to have to do better than field goals if they have a decent shot at the playoffs

the redskins have finished their cupcake schedule, now lets see what they can do...

cupcake schedule?

it gets easier in the 2nd half of this season.

Although we are'nt a great team we are making progress this is a game we would have let slip by the last couple years. I think we make the play-offs and in my opinion I"m going to consider that a successful season.I hope we quit trading our draft picks away and get some young, hungry, fresh talent in here so we can be the dominant team we once were. I hear what your saying but we have to travel through mediocrity before we hit excellence try to enjoy the games and also realize we are just mediocor team so if we win no matter how ugly celebrate.

Archived