Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Southern California is Burning

Fergasun

Yes, the major blaze is in Malibu but yesterday there were 12 different fires going on, with the largest fire being near Santa Clarita. There was actually a 35 acre fire about 5 miles away from my home yesterday afternoon. Our apartment faces the west, and the fire was on the east... our side was completely sunny. When we went out in the car we looked to the east and it was just black sky. For some reason I was thinking tornado due to the high winds, and my wife thinking a huge dust cloud, and then when we were driving and saw the fire trucks... oh fire. Luckily that one seemed to be easily containable... our aparment is in a pretty dense area so I'm not all that worried, but there is plenty of "tree debris" blowing around.

I am in San Diego and we are burning up AGAIN!! they are saying this fire is going to be worse then the one we just had 3 years ago. The smell of smoke has been making people choke and it SUCKS.

It isnt raining ash yet. But I think that is only because of the wind direction. They have closed down 2 major freeways out here and are evacuating people out of major parts of the city fast and without any real warning.

Just another reason why I love Southern Cal...

I heard the firefighters in Malibu haven't been able to battle the blaze effectively because they are spending manpower removing stubborn residents who refuse to leave.

Where did you hear that?

I have not heard anything like that.

The only issue with Evecuation I've heard so far is that because Power is down in many places, it's tough to get word to some

Manbearpig.

aah

purplerhinodoorknob to you too.

those pictures are cool, but I wouldnt be shocked if the SD ones were just as bad.

They are evacuating people left and right here. We have fires to the north of us and a fire right on the border. I am currently about 10 miles from where they are evacuating. Probably 75% of our office hasnt shown up because they are being evacuated.

It's really scary. I got to work at 7:10 this morning and found out it was closed. I spent some time getting some work done, but now I'm at home. One of the fires is getting close to the Wild Animal Park and I feel so bad for the people who have already evacuated. I'm in Oceanside, and I don't know if the fires will get over here or what's going to happen. The air quality over here is already bad, though...that's the main reason for school closings.

It SUCKS.

Where did you hear that?

I have not heard anything like that.

The only issue with Evecuation I've heard so far is that because Power is down in many places, it's tough to get word to some

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21405632/

In many cases, crews couldn’t begin to fight the fires because they were too busy rescuing residents who refused to leave.“They didn’t evacuate at all, or delayed until it was too late,” said Bill Metcalf, chief of the North County Fire Protection District. “And those folks who are making those decisions are actually stripping fire resources.”

hey Miss U. You ever come to Winston's to watch the games?

There is just stuff burning up left and right now. RB seems to be completely engulfed in flames.

Two weeks ago we went to Rookie's in O-side...last week we went to Wings Pizza 'N Things right down the road from our apartment. Yesterday we drove up to Temecula (where we used to live) and went to Buffalo Wild Wings- our hands-down favorite. There were actually three other Redskins fans in there yesterday, first time I'd seen a skins fan at that bar. I think Winston's is down in south county, right?

My brother is down by the 8 and SDSU....close to Poway. If these fires get any closer (I mean, Fallbrook is all of 20 miles away) I'm going to start getting together an evacuation kit.

Two weeks ago we went to Rookie's in O-side...last week we went to Wings Pizza 'N Things right down the road from our apartment. Yesterday we drove up to Temecula (where we used to live) and went to Buffalo Wild Wings- our hands-down favorite. There were actually three other Redskins fans in there yesterday, first time I'd seen a skins fan at that bar. I think Winston's is down in south county, right?

My brother is down by the 8 and SDSU....close to Poway. If these fires get any closer (I mean, Fallbrook is all of 20 miles away) I'm going to start getting together an evacuation kit.

can i just offer you to come to Winstons for one week? there are about 30-40 fans there of JUST the skins. we have an 11 foot projection HD screen and a 7 foot one on the side. they have a raffle for all kinds of skins shwag, and every time we score a TD we get a free shot. it is really worth it...

i live by the 8 and SDSU too. It is just really smoky down here but the Tecate fire is going to be close soon.

can i just offer you to come to Winstons for one week? there are about 30-40 fans there of JUST the skins. we have an 11 foot projection HD screen and a 7 foot one on the side. they have a raffle for all kinds of skins shwag, and every time we score a TD we get a free shot. it is really worth it...

i live by the 8 and SDSU too. It is just really smoky down here but the Tecate fire is going to be close soon.

winston's is in OB right? I'll see if I can convice my boyfriend to come...he's a niners fan...they show all NFL games right?

The sky is still clear here...but I heard the fire in San Marcos is moving west :(

Archived