Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Southern California is Burning

Fergasun

Go somewhere where the odds of nothing bad happening are better.

Yes the entire earth is a dangerous place, but history has shown us that some places are more dangerous than others.

You can play the denial game but there are certain parts of America that just doesn't see the repeated disasters like Florida, California, tornado alley states and others places see.

I realize my sentiments aren't popular but the facts back my opinion.

so you want everyone to live in a desert or the north pole :laugh: :laugh:

no matter where you live there is always a chance for inclement weather or natural disasters

Go somewhere where the odds of nothing bad happening are better.

Yes the entire earth is a dangerous place, but history has shown us that some places are more dangerous than others.

You can play the denial game but there are certain parts of America that just doesn't see the repeated disasters like Florida, California, tornado alley states and others places see.

I realize my sentiments aren't popular but the facts back my opinion.

so you want everyone to live in a desert or the north pole :laugh: :laugh:

no matter where you live there is always a chance for inclement weather or natural disasters

I don't have a problem with people who choose to live in vulnerable areas as long as they are willing to accept the consequences of their decision.

I live in CT where our last significant natural disaster was over 20 yrs ago (Hurricane Gloria). From time to time a few folks on the beaches will have their homes flooded during a Nor'easter, but it's relatively safe here(fingers crossed :)).

...but hell, I'd love to live in the San Diego area where 90% of the time things are near perfect. Even knowing San Fran is earthquake prone I still wouldn't mind taking up residence there (if I could afford it). The Outer Banks, Florida, etc....I'm there.

Now, if I live there I should probably have to pay a higher insurance premium for sure. I always love watching the news in the days following a Nor'easter when some stupid schmuck is in front of the camera wanting to know when the government is going to come in and rebuild his home. Sure pal...we'll rebuild it...and then you can let the residents of the state come over every summer to enjoy the home that we rebuilt ;) .

...and if you live in one of these areas, then you should have to obey an evacuation order if one is given. Those are the other idiots we always see on the news. You get a couple days notice that the storm is coming...it's going to be bad on the shore...town evacuates the shoreline...you say you are not leaving...you will stick it out. Then when the **** hits the fan you call 911 and the fire dept comes out in the boat to pick you up because you are shoulder deep in water and have no way out. Sorry pal...you are out of luck.

Anyway...to our ES brothers and sisters out there in CA...stay safe. I watch it on the news, but still cannot even begin to fathom what you are going through...

I don't have a problem with people who choose to live in vulnerable areas as long as they are willing to accept the consequences of their decision.

I live in CT where our last significant natural disaster was over 20 yrs ago (Hurricane Gloria). From time to time a few folks on the beaches will have their homes flooded during a Nor'easter, but it's relatively safe here(fingers crossed :)).

...but hell, I'd love to live in the San Diego area where 90% of the time things are near perfect. Even knowing San Fran is earthquake prone I still wouldn't mind taking up residence there (if I could afford it). The Outer Banks, Florida, etc....I'm there.

Now, if I live there I should probably have to pay a higher insurance premium for sure. I always love watching the news in the days following a Nor'easter when some stupid schmuck is in front of the camera wanting to know when the government is going to come in and rebuild his home. Sure pal...we'll rebuild it...and then you can let the residents of the state come over every summer to enjoy the home that we rebuilt ;) .

...and if you live in one of these areas, then you should have to obey an evacuation order if one is given. Those are the other idiots we always see on the news. You get a couple days notice that the storm is coming...it's going to be bad on the shore...town evacuates the shoreline...you say you are not leaving...you will stick it out. Then when the **** hits the fan you call 911 and the fire dept comes out in the boat to pick you up because you are shoulder deep in water and have no way out. Sorry pal...you are out of luck.

Anyway...to our ES brothers and sisters out there in CA...stay safe. I watch it on the news, but still cannot even begin to fathom what you are going through...

Archived