Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Southern California is Burning

Fergasun

youre a prick for posting this bull****. there are alot of us (myself included) who may end up losing our houses and you want to post some BS about we shouldnt live here?

you should really think about what you put in a post and then go the opposite direction you tool..

If you take the risk of living in the desert then you must deal with the natural events that happen in a desert. I will excuse your stupid name calling because obviously this is an event that is striking you very close to home (no pun intended), but the facts are the facts despite your situation.

I said the same about people in New Orleans who wanted federal help/tax payer money to rebuild their homes in places under sea level. I guess the part of my post that said I hope no one loses their lives or their homes did not matter to you.

The fact remains that you live in a desert enviroment so brush fires, flash floods and mudslides are things that happen. Further more this is an opinion site and you should be adult enough to handle opposing opinions without resorting to childish and stupid behavior.

Did you expect everyone to post cuddly messages?

If you did...grow up

youre a prick for posting this bull****. there are alot of us (myself included) who may end up losing our houses and you want to post some BS about we shouldnt live here?

you should really think about what you put in a post and then go the opposite direction you tool..

If you take the risk of living in the desert then you must deal with the natural events that happen in a desert. I will excuse your stupid name calling because obviously this is an event that is striking you very close to home (no pun intended), but the facts are the facts despite your situation.

I said the same about people in New Orleans who wanted federal help/tax payer money to rebuild their homes in places under sea level. I guess the part of my post that said I hope no one loses their lives or their homes did not matter to you.

The fact remains that you live in a desert enviroment so brush fires, flash floods and mudslides are things that happen. Further more this is an opinion site and you should be adult enough to handle opposing opinions without resorting to childish and stupid behavior.

Did you expect everyone to post cuddly messages?

If you did...grow up

So you think everyone should also get out from the East cost - After all - Huricans could hit at any time.

Tornado Alley is out, got it.

CA out - fires, mudslids and earthquakes

Got it

Don't forget the missisippi floods - So you shouldn't live close to there....

Montana is going to get very crowded very fast....

My point is some areas are a lot more risky than other areas.

If you knowingly build your home in tornado alley and you are absolutely distraught when your house gets hit then I think you should not get federal assistance (my tax dollars) to rebuild.

If you make a choice to build your home in New Orleans below sea level and you get wiped out then I do not believe my tax dollars in the form of federal aid should go to rebuilding your place. That is simply not smart.

On that same note...Everyone and their mother knows California is a desert climate so I am having a hard time with the idea of federal funds going to help these folks rebuild in the same desert where it's likely to happen again.

Yes disasters happen everywhere, but some places get a lot more disasters than others.

So you think everyone should also get out from the East cost - After all - Huricans could hit at any time.

Tornado Alley is out, got it.

CA out - fires, mudslids and earthquakes

Got it

Don't forget the missisippi floods - So you shouldn't live close to there....

Montana is going to get very crowded very fast....

If you knowingly build your home in tornado alley and you are absolutely distraught when your house gets hit then I think you should not get federal assistance (my tax dollars) to rebuild.

If you make a choice to build your home in New Orleans below sea level and you get wiped out then I do not believe my tax dollars in the form of federal aid should go to rebuilding your place. That is simply not smart.

On that same note...Everyone and their mother knows California is a desert climate so I am having a hard time with the idea of federal funds going to help these folks rebuild in the same desert where it's likely to happen again.

Yes disasters happen everywhere, but some places get a lot more disasters than others.

So do you think the entire South-Eastern US was just **** out of luck after Andrew?

So do you think the entire South-Eastern US was just **** out of luck after Andrew?

I see the_cavalierman's point. I've had my home destroyed in a hurricane less than 10 years ago. You take risks by living anywhere. Hopefully the Californians have insurance and knew living there had its risks. That doesn't mean that they deserved it, but they shouldn't be that surprised by it as well.

I wish them safety first and hopefully the insurance companies won't screw people over.

I see the_cavalierman's point. I've had my home destroyed in a hurricane less than 10 years ago. You take risks by living anywhere. Hopefully the Californians have insurance and knew living there had its risks. That doesn't mean that they deserved it, but they shouldn't be that surprised by it as well.

I wish them safety first and hopefully the insurance companies won't screw people over.

I bet these fires could be the costliest yet They showed teh costliest and it was 2.1 billion for oakland alemeda a few years back then about five more fires closing with the loas angeles fire in 93 at 500 million.

This one will probably top the 2.1 billion or be darn close

I bet these fires could be the costliest yet They showed teh costliest and it was 2.1 billion for oakland alemeda a few years back then about five more fires closing with the loas angeles fire in 93 at 500 million.

This one will probably top the 2.1 billion or be darn close

Earthquake and Fire insurance isnt mandatory but most insurance companies wont ensure your house here without them.

Most places that are burning have burned before. No one is surprised by the fact that they have a fire, its the duration and the strength of the fires that have taken people aback.

Earthquake and Fire insurance isnt mandatory but most insurance companies wont ensure your house here without them.

Most places that are burning have burned before. No one is surprised by the fact that they have a fire, its the duration and the strength of the fires that have taken people aback.

Do ya'll utilize firebreaks and clear out the dead growth?

I'm not familiar with the areas, but if it is a recurring problem there should be some solutions.

Hope ya get some rain fast.

The local gov told people to do that after the Ceder fires in '03. As per the San Diego Fire Dept. a lot of "*******s" (they said people) did not do it. Some neighborhoods were lost because of it. :2cents:

Archived