Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which scenario do you like better over the next two weeks?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I gotta say beating the Cards at home and losing to the Pats. Losing to the Cards at home would make us look really weak, and then beating the Pats would be looked at as a fluke....a "trap game." If we beat the Cards and lose to the Pats, no one faults us for losing to what some might say is the best team in recent history.

Cards are a NFC team. Pats are not. One matters a bunch more then the other.

Agreed. Plus you gotta beat the teams you're "supposed" to beat. No one's going to take us any more seriously if we beat the Cards. We need a win going into NE. I wouldn't want to play the Pats feeling like it was a "must" win. We need to be a whole lot looser than that if we're going to have a chance against them.:2cents:

To be honest, if we lose to the Cards and then beat the Pats, it would infuriate me. Seriously. During the post-Patriots-victory celebration I think I would honestly feel a deep rooted frustration.

Why?

Because losing to the Cardinals then beating the contender would verify that this team's biggest demon still exists - inconsistency.

EDIT - one more thing - division wins mean more to us.

I think we beat the Cards kinds like we did detroit. Moss is pissed and has something to proove as well as CP. I think they may go off this week.

What bothers me is the fact that NE always has trouble with Miami in Miami. IF they loose they will be pissed and thats not a team I want to face when they are like that. However if they do win, and chances are that they will, our chances to win are a little better. Remember, we've shut down 3 of the best passing offenses so far this year and the NE running game is injured right now. We would have to play mistake free football (coaches and players) and we have to play VERY AGRESSIVE. If those things happen, we could beat the pats.

We need the win over the Cards, plain and simple. This isn't a "should" win, this is a NEEDED win. If we want to be in the playoffs this year a loss to the Cards would be hard to overcome. Let's look at the remaining NFC games on the schedule:

Philly (H)

Dallas (A)

Tampa (A)

Chicago (H)

Giants (A)

Minnesota (A)

Dallas (H)

Those are tough games. Each of these teams are playing pretty well right now. We are currently 2-2 in NFC play. If we LOSE to the Cards, that puts us 2-3 which meas we would have to win 4 of the remaining 7 to be .500 in the NFC. Now if we win, 3-2 and we could drop 4 of the last 7 NFC games and still be .500.

This win would mean MUCH more to the team as well. Three game losing streaks aren't good and if this team loses to the Cards that's exactly what will happen. Right now we are 3-2 and a win would put us at 4-2 going into NE. Dropping the Cards game would put us at 3-3 and in the midst of a 2 game losing streak and basically making the Pats game a must win. Let's not do that. Go into NE with a chip on our shoulder and a 4-2 record.

If we lose to the Cards, then upset the Pats would be the best and most mind boggling. How could we lose to the cards, then the Pats? Either we made drastic changes, or this team isn't allowed to meet its potential.

I would always rather win the second game though- momentum is far more valuable than an acceptable series.

I would prefer a Win over the cards and then a Win over the Pats but you didn't list that as an option.

Why oh Why must we look beyond the cards game and why oh why wmust we act like the Pats game is going to end the world. If we lose it will be expected if we win people will just say the Skins got lucky. People will put a bad spin on whatever we do so lets not waste any more time talking about it.

NFC wins are more important right now. While I would opt for 2-0 over the next two weeks, I made a choice based on your poll and that was it. Cards=win, Pats=loss. Who cares if we loose to the best team in the league as long as we play well. :2cents:

Archived