Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FoxSports.com: Kimmel banned from MNF

kuraitengai

Kimmel's five minutes in the booth was hilarious. Both Tony K and Dennis Miller proved that you can't do what you've been hired to do -- that is be funny -- if every NFL topic is basically off-limits. Listening to Kimmel was like listening to the funny guy next to you at a sports bar.

"Joey Harrington is a horrible qb but treats his pets well."

"You guys got any money on this game?"

"The most impressive thing about Tom Brady is his ability to impregnate two supermodels."

"Is anyone actually watching this game?"

"There's not 60,000 people here. It's more like six."

MNF should either hire him or give up on the comedy aspect altogether.

Kimmel is a Cowboys fan. I didn't hear the remarks but they don't surprise me in the least.

ESPN has gone all-out with ex-Cowboys. Soon the MNF booth will consist of Aikman, Irvin, and Emmitt. Carrie Underwood will be on the sidelines and Moose will doing the halftime show.

Kimmel is a Cowboys fan. I didn't hear the remarks but they don't surprise me in the least.

ESPN has gone all-out with ex-Cowboys. Soon the MNF booth will consist of Aikman, Irvin, and Emmitt. Carrie Underwood will be on the sidelines and Moose will doing the halftime show.

I wouldnt be suprised. at all.

I usually like Jimmy, but his girlfriend, Sarah Silverman, must be rubbing off on him. Now....she's pretty classless.

Classless? For making fun of douchebags like britney and paris?

She's hilarious.

You could argue that she broke up his marriage, but that's separate from her whole comedy routine.

Kimmel's five minutes in the booth was hilarious. Both Tony K and Dennis Miller proved that you can't do what you've been hired to do -- that is be funny -- if every NFL topic is basically off-limits. Listening to Kimmel was like listening to the funny guy next to you at a sports bar.

Great point. Jimmy had to know he wasn't going to be invited back (similar to Norm MacDonald hosting the ESPY's), but it was worth it.

That one had me rolling.

Classless? For making fun of douchebags like britney and paris?

She's hilarious.

You could argue that she broke up his marriage, but that's separate from her whole comedy routine.

making fun of paris and britney????? oh my god, how original. man how come i didnt think of that? :doh:

shes a dumb b****. she isnt funny, shes just loud and annoying.

I am 33 years old. And I cannot recall a time where there was not a debate about the sate of Monday Night Football. What is incredibly odd is that everyone refers to the Cossell/Meredith/Gifford days as the "Glory Years" while forgetting that 60 percent of America absolutely loated Cossell.

In other words, there has never been a time when America was happy with Monday Night Football.

Having said all that, Kornheiser needs to go. I love his radio show. I love PTI. But..wow..a little of him goes a long long way when there is actually a sporting event taking place. Plus, it now feels like he is simply interrogating Jaws about whatever QB is on the field for hours at a time.

"Don't you believe that Drew Brees needs to be taken behind a barn and shot?"

"I do, Tony. And let me explain why. I watched the coach's film 33 times this week. And Brees is dropping his elbow a quarter of an inch on slant patterns. For that, he should be assassinated."

"You guys got any money on this game?"

"The most impressive thing about Tom Brady is his ability to impregnate two supermodels."

"Is anyone actually watching this game?"

"There's not 60,000 people here. It's more like six."

MNF should either hire him or give up on the comedy aspect altogether.

That **** is pretty funny to me.

I dont have a problem with the MNF crew and I even like uncle Tony. Just stay focused on the game dammit!

Thank you! I don't understand all this criticism of the MNF crew. I think Tony is hilarious. I don't know what standard all these people are holding every different MNF crew to.

cant we just have a two man booth of Jaws and Mike....Its a football game not an episode of Laugh In

I couldn't agree with you anymore. It doesn't take 3 to do a football game. Jaws and Tirico will be just fine. Korny needs to stay on PTI and do his Post columns(don't know if he does them anymore).

Good, finally someone realized that Jimmy Kimmel IMO is flat out "Corny" and also classless. Somebody need to fire his "arse" because if it wasn't for the guess he have on his show, it would be corny also. And if I wasn't hoping that the Giants lose on Monday nite, I would have turned the station and watched something else.

Who told Jimmy he was really funny? really

Archived