Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FoxSports.com: Kimmel banned from MNF

kuraitengai

I like Korny, but he has gots to go.

Jaws and Tirico for the win. They need someone like Lee Corso in there but an NFL guy, not college guy.

The only problem I have with Kornheiser is that he sounds too much like a sports writer when he is on the air (which he is). It works perfectly for shows like PTI, but during a game for Monday Night Football I honestly don't want to hear that. Jaws and Tirico are great, though. Stick with the football analysis and *why* a play did or didn't work. And why a player did this or that. I don't want to hear an op ed piece.

I love Joey Theismann too, but again just not on MNF.

Can u give the details about Silverman being the home wrecker...didnt hear about this one.

It's been so long now I'm a bit sketchy on the details.

Apparently he left his wife for her though. His wife Gina used to occasionally appear on the Man Show and they always made fun of what a ballbuster she was. Not the most dainty, glamorous looking gal either. (Actually, exactly the kind of person you would expect to see him with if he wasn't famous)

I like Korny, but he has gots to go.

Jaws and Tirico for the win. They need someone like Lee Corso in there but an NFL guy, not college guy.

"Not so fast, my friend." :laugh:

I wouldn't mind seeing Corso in there. I love Mr. Tony, but MNF is not his thing. He'll be gone next season.

Yet another reason not to watch Monday Night Football. Even though it's football, it's still very hard to watch unless the volume's all the way down.

People mock what they don't understand. God forbid a sports journalist be both a terrific writer AND clever. the nerve of him.......

In the context of the football game, he is rarely funny. His jokes are so forced and prepared. I don't even want to hear so many jokes during a game.

The sad part in all of this is that it is no longer Monday Night Football, it is Monday Night Sitcom. It is more about guest appearances then it is the game. Damn shame.
I agree with you here. ESPN has ruined MNF.

Um, did you guys watch the Bills / Cowboys game? Probably the best game of the year. ESPN didn't ruin.

There a reason you left out the final line from the story?

Theismann later added that MNF "has become Tony Kornheiser's show."

Interesting.

The sad part in all of this is that it is no longer Monday Night Football, it is Monday Night Sitcom. It is more about guest appearances then it is the game. Damn shame.

They really should only do celebs is the game is completely in the trash, and even then only during the 4th quarter... anyone who remembers Madden and Michaels doing the Hall of Fame game a couple years back when it was rained out knows there's occasionally dead space.

Otherwise, please give us football.

Report: Kimmel banned from MNF

Talk about cutting straight to the punch line. It took Jimmy Kimmel just one night to do what Dennis Miller needed two years to accomplish — getting the heave-ho from "Monday Night Football."

ESPN will no longer allow Kimmel any guest appearances on MNF after the ABC late-night host made several jokes about recently-fired analyst Joe Theismann, The New York Times reported Wednesday.Kimmel, who joined Mike Tirico, Tony Kornheiser and Ron Jaworski in the booth during the third quarter of the Giants' 31-10 win over the Falcons, joked about where Theismann was, insinuated that Kornheiser got Theismann fired (their on-air chemistry was often a topic of debate last season), and later remarked, "I'd also like to welcome Joe Theismann, watching from his living room with steam coming from his ears."

Kimmel's comments were "classless and disappointing," said Jay Rothman, ESPN's MNF producer, according to the Times. "It was cheap. The more he went on, the worse he got."

Tough titties, MNF producers. You invite Barkleys and Kimmels into the booth and invite them to be their outrageous selves, and it's all peachy. Until the jokes hit a little close to home. Then you get all self righteous? Puhlease. Talk about "classless and disappointing."

Classless? What kind of good comedy or comedian are you going to describe as "classy"? Classy isn't the point. The point is, they are jokes, and they were good ones. The suits need to get the stick outta their *****. The Brady, Harrington, and making them uncomfortable with the Joey T stuff was funny.

Shame on Tony K for being such a little bit%# and not being able to handle it. I mean, he only made his mug known on TV for trying to be funny while talking about sports. I could completely see Tony K saying that Harrington line on PTI.

The Sunday Night AND Monday Night Football production blows. They have no idea how to make their product better anyway, so I wouldn't mind one bit if I was Kimmel. They chose a comedian for some reason, he does his stuff, and apparently the suits screw up again. That's a joke in and of itself.

Maybe so, but if I want to see funny, I'll tune in to the Comedy channel. Football should be about football, not someone's standup routine.

I'm with you.

When I'm watching a game with my friends, we don't joke, we focus on the game...and we go through a ton of emotions.

The comedy is a friggin' distraction.

Archived