Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wilson is bright spot on dark day in Green Bay

cozmikbuffalo

Besides the overall success of our Defensive side of the ball last Sunday. The play of the special teams, Campbell and Cooley were also very good.

But, one of the really bright spots in my opinion was the emergence of Chris Wilson causing the sack for a 12 yard loss at a critical time in the game. The ensuing field goal dinked off the upright, no good.

If anyone checks my posts I have been high on him since the day they signed him. He is extremely fast and strong and young to boot. We could be seeing the emergence of a great defensive lineman and a huge threat to opposing quarterbacks. Something we need here and someone to compliment Carter. I would like to see more of him next Sunday against the Cards.

With Rattay or Hasselback in there for the 2 injured starters this should be a signal to Williams to bring the heat. Go Chris, Andre, McCintosh and Landry. Rattle Rattay and Hassle Hasselback all day so we can get more sacks and interceptions. Hail

Besides the overall success of our Defensive side of the ball last Sunday. The play of the special teams, Campbell and Cooley were also very good.

But, one of the really bright spots in my opinion was the emergence of Chris Wilson causing the sack for a 12 yard loss at a critical time in the game. The ensuing field goal dinked off the upright, no good.

If anyone checks my posts I have been high on him since the day they signed him. He is extremely fast and strong and young to boot. We could be seeing the emergence of a great defensive lineman and a huge threat to opposing quarterbacks. Something we need here and someone to compliment Carter. I would like to see more of him next Sunday against the Cards.

With Rattay or Hasselback in there for the 2 injured starters this should be a signal to Williams to bring the heat. Go Chris, Andre, McCintosh and Landry. Rattle Rattay and Hassle Hasselback all day so we can get more sacks and interceptions. Hail

I wish that I had your enthusiasm and optomism. Keep it up; it's contagious!

I wish that I had your enthusiasm and optomism. Keep it up; it's contagious!

How can one not be excited about our team. We are about to be 4-2 and defensively match-up well against NE. NE can be beat just as we can be beat this Sunday. Any given Sunday as the saying goes.

the kid has been very impressive. To be honest, when the team picked him up in the offseason i was like "who is this cat, why did they get a 245lb DE"? But from the preseason up to this point you can see that he has a high motor and plenty of heart. Hopefully he can continue to produce and be with us for the long-term.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210223

Had my eye on this kid for a while ... not having quite the early impact I'd envisioned, but that may well be due to the fact the starters in front of him have kicked so much ass he hasn't really been needed yet. :)

Looking forward to seeing what this kid might turn into in a year or two. A full year of NFL weight and nutrition training, and we might just have the kind of versatile pass rushing freak other teams seem to find but we've never had. The kind of guy you can put on the end with his hand in the dirt, or stand up outside the DE, or move up and down the line looking for favorable matchups/mismathes, etc.

Seen nothing through 5 games that changes the sneaky suspicion this is a guy whose name might become quite familiar around these parts.

How can one not be excited about our team. We are about to be 4-2 and defensively match-up well against NE. NE can be beat just as we can be beat this Sunday. Any given Sunday as the saying goes.

I wouldn't know how to act if we gave NE their first loss, and in their own stadium.

He's exactly what we need. Situational pass rushers are valuable, even if they are just that: situational. If we can bring him in on passing situations and get consistent pressure he will help the defense tremendously. It was definitely exciting to see him get a sack last week.

I first noticed him in one of our preseason games, but I figured he'd get cut like most guys playing in the 4th quarter do. I was very happy to see him make the team. As OM said, give him a year or two in the NFL, and he could develop into something nice for us. As for his nutritional training, as long as he doesn't take his advice from Randy "Buffet" Thomas, I think we'll be alright.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210223

Had my eye on this kid for a while ... not having quite the early impact I'd envisioned, but that may well be due to the fact the starters in front of him have kicked so much ass he hasn't really been needed yet. :)

Looking forward to seeing what this kid might turn into in a year or two. A full year of NFL weight and nutrition training, and we might just have the kind of versatile pass rushing freak other teams seem to find but we've never had. The kind of guy you can put on the end with his hand in the dirt, or stand up outside the DE, or move up and down the line looking for favorable matchups/mismathes, etc.

Seen nothing through 5 games that changes the sneaky suspicion this is a guy whose name might become quite familiar around these parts.

Agree. I've seen a couple of negative things about this guy in here, but he's just supposed to be a situational pass rusher right now and he's been good during the preseason and in the small opportunities he's had during the season. Here's to finding a gem from the CFL. :cheers: Kinda like how Denver uses Elvis Dumerville.

In a game that turns out the way the GB one did it can be easy to overlook some outstanding performances. There were some. Wilson was one, he is steadily improving his game and it's refreshing to see this thread giving him some credit when the site has been so overwhelmed with negative posts.

Someone else that hasn't gottem much mention but I think had a good game? Pierson Prioleau. I am thinking we missed him last year more than some realize.

:point2sky Thank heavens; there are some lingering strands of positivity left at ES!

Wilson is truely a bright spot. After the lions game, he looked like he could play another 60 minutes when we interviewed him in the locker room. He was overjoyed to get playing time, and almost seemed a bit bubbley. He smiled the entire time JimmiJo spoke to him. He's making his mark quickly. I have no doubt in my mind he has a solid future with our team.

Archived