Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another one of those, "When should I call" threads...

Teller

After a pretty lengthy search, I've managed to find my best friend from high school on myspace. Right off the bat, she gave me her phone number, said she really missed me, and that she wanted to get together the next time I'm back in town.

She's not married; never has been, and I'm a few weeks from being divorced. We were really close all the way through school. I always wanted more, she didn't at the time.

I saw her a couple of years ago, when my wife and I had separated before. We just had dinner, played some pool and talked. She seemed then like she wanted to see where things would go, but I really wanted to save my marriage. That's no longer possible, and I kind of feel like she's still interested.

Anyway, I know I'm not ready for a relationship yet (even after the divorce is finalized) but as far as getting back in touch with her, when should I call? I want her to know I'm interested in reconnecting in some way, but I don't want to rush it or seem pushy.

Any advice (real or humorous) is appreciated. :D

All right Hog, I'll help you out. First, you have to answer a couple of questions.

How long ago did you find her on myspace?

Did you mention anywhere that you made a lengthy search to find her?

How long ago did you get her number?

How long was it from when you first heard back from her on myspace & when you got the number?

I may or may not overanlayze things, by the way.......

All right Hog, I'll help you out. First, you have to answer a couple of questions.
How long ago did you find her on myspace?

This past Friday.

Did you mention anywhere that you made a lengthy search to find her?

I mentioned that I "finally found her" and didn't want to lose touch this time.

How long ago did you get her number?

Saturday, but I didn't log back on until tonight.

How long was it from when you first heard back from her on myspace & when you got the number?

She sent her # in her first message.

I may or may not overanlayze things, by the way.......

Cool. I tend to act before I think, so between the two of us, maybe we'll find a happy medium. :laugh:

What do you possibly have to lose by calling her?

She GAVE you her number....step away from the computer.....and handle your business HOG!!!

;)

Yeah, I guess you're right. I just wasn't sure if there was a designated waiting period or something. I don't want to seem desperate....even if I am. :laugh:

[

Cool. I tend to act before I think, so between the two of us, maybe we'll find a happy medium. :laugh:

You got the number in the first message back, I think you can call her whenever.

I know I was steadfast about the 3 day rule in Mickalino's original thread, but circumtances are different here......

Is she on ES? Is she reading this post right now? :paranoid:

Man, I hope not. It's bad enough that I have to get public opinion on when to make a phone call. If she found out I was little more than an ES puppet, well then...well...I hope y'all would pull the right strings! :laugh:

Heheh. Sweet! Just got off the phone with her! We're going to a Halloween Party on the 27th! WOOT! :D

Ya gots ta love some ES advice. Thanks all!!! :cheers:

(I'm going to recommend a costume to her...I'm thinking thigh-high fishnets, six-inch heels, corset and vampire fangs.) :laugh:

Heheh. Sweet! Just got off the phone with her! We're going to a Halloween Party on the 27th! WOOT! :D

Ya gots ta love some ES advice. Thanks all!!! :cheers:

(I'm going to recommend a costume to her...I'm thinking thigh-high fishnets, six-inch heels, corset and vampire fangs.) :laugh:

And for you:

ballerinadorse-744614.JPG

PS: Good job playa. :applause:

Archived