Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another one of those, "When should I call" threads...

Teller

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMFG, dude! I can't catch my breath! :laugh:

Seriously Hog... you're an inspiration to 32 year old guys like me with absolutely no game left. My testicles are in a jar over the fireplace... occasionally my wife lets me get them down to look at them. :doh:

So now... I get to live vicariously thru you. I expect this thread to be updated afterwords with all the details!!!!! :)

Seriously Hog... you're an inspiration to 32 year old guys like me with absolutely no game left. My testicles are in a jar over the fireplace... occasionally my wife lets me get them down to look at them. :doh:

So now... I get to live vicariously thru you. I expect this thread to be updated afterwords with all the details!!!!! :)

smokescreen for the playa that's on the road 24 weeks a year :silly:

All right Hog, I'll help you out. First, you have to answer a couple of questions.
To make it easier in future threads like this, I think we need to come up with a scientific solution...
How long ago did you find her on myspace?
Days since you first showed romantic interest = λ ... I think you also need to consider the the fact that you're friends already, so let's say the number of months you have known each other = ω
Did you mention anywhere that you made a lengthy search to find her?
Appearance of desperation = α (on a 1-10 scale)
How long ago did you get her number?
Days since getting number = δ
How long was it from when you first heard back from her on myspace & when you got the number?
Ease in getting the number = η (on a 1-10 scale)
I may or may not overanlayze things, by the way.......
The number of days you should wait is:

3 × λ/(ω+1) × α/η - δ :geek:

For the run-of-the-mill pickup where you meet someone and flirt with them immediately, this yields the standard three day rule when the desperation/easiness factor is about even.

For hog, the numbers are λ=3, ω=100, α=7, η=10, and δ=2. This yields a result of -1.94 ... which means you should have called her two days ago. She probably would have been making you breakfast this morning.

To make it easier in future threads like this, I think we need to come up with a scientific solution...

Days since you first showed romantic interest = λ ... I think you also need to consider the the fact that you're friends already, so let's say the number of months you have known each other = ω

For the run-of-the-mill pickup where you meet someone and flirt with them immediately, this yields the standard three day rule when the desperation/easiness factor is about even.

For hog, the numbers are λ=3, ω=100, α=7, η=10, and δ=2. This yields a result of -1.94 ... which means you should have called her two days ago. She probably would have been making you breakfast this morning.

mathssuxs.gif

You only live once.

Might as well get back on the bike and give her a jingle.

Plus, it's not like you got her number at a bar. If that was the case you might wait a day or two, but you know this woman.

Call her!

I did, ill. Like I said, we're going to the party. Who knows where it'll go after that, but it's a start. :)

zoon, my brother, the day you live vicariously through me is the day you just need to quit. Cereally. Vicarious boredom is no better than the real thing. :laugh:

smokescreen for the playa that's on the road 24 weeks a year :silly:

Indeed. He's got a thread that he only PM's to his friends entitled, "Fun People to do in a ____________ Hotel Room." :silly:

Hog, i reached 8K today, and am 21.. wheres the love for my tribute?

Change your name. Seriously. PM Om and ask to be Jimmy-Bob Cornapple. Then I'll remember you, and I'll do one when you hit 10,000. There are variations of skinfan-number-whatever out the ass on here. No offense, you're a victim of circumstance. :whoknows:

Tj, I love ya bro. You've pwn3d me more times on this site than anyone else, and I get a kick out of it every time. But dude, come on. A 7 for desperation? After the one night stand with 18-year old stripper the other night, I would've said 4.5, but what do I know?

I mean, what? :paranoid: :laugh:

I think h_h either has to really like you or really hate you to do all the research necessary for one of his posts.

You're just not a major player :silly:

Haha, nothing like subcontracting your ***hole-ism. :laugh:

Check's in the mail, bro. :silly:

I did, ill. Like I said, we're going to the party. Who knows where it'll go after that, but it's a start. :)

:cheers: Hey, I'm glad it worked.

It takes a strong man to ask a girl to prom in his thirties. Remember, each milkshake has a different meaning. Don't buy her chocolate unless you really mean it. Girls know, you know.

Nah, HH is a bobby sockser kind of guy. Can't you see him taking his girl to the Arnold's and ordering a pop? Maybe sharing a burger and being magnamimous by ordering two orders of fries? I can totally see that. Tennessee Ernie Ford on the juke box. You may be right that he's not quite aggressive to order a malted beverage, but I just thought he should know what it's all about.

Just don't order the boysenberry milkshake. Never order the boysenberry.

He says that he loves me ... but he doesn't call. :(

:idea: Maybe he really doesn't love me. :cry:

Ohhhh....I see how it is...You forgot that I asked you to dinner and a night on the town, right? As I recall, you completely ignored my invitation. :(;)

Besides. Girls that actually WANT me to call do some really obvious things...Giving me their phone number, for instance. :silly: :laugh:

:cheers: Hey, I'm glad it worked.

It takes a strong man to ask a girl to prom in his thirties. Remember, each milkshake has a different meaning. Don't buy her chocolate unless you really mean it. Girls know, you know.

Thanks Burgy. I'm not really up on relationship symbolism. Never have been.

It's funny. When I was pursuing this girl back in the day, my wife was pursuing me. Thing is, I was COMPLETELY blind to the signs from both of them.

When I had my graduation party, my future wife brought me a single red rose. And I told her, "That was really sweet, but I really didn't expect you to bring anything." :doh: Meanwhile, she was thinking, "Will you just **** me already?" :laugh:

I'm not one for subtlety. If you want to tell me something, you've just got to come out and say it. No beating around the bush. (Well, at least not figuratively.) :D :laugh:

Archived