Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Landry lived up to your expectations?

Touchdown Redskins

He absolutely has. We haven't once had to look at him for making stupid, "rookie" mistakes. The only times he's drawn attention to himself were when he was making plays.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that he hasn't made any stupid rookie mistakes. After all, he missed that tackle at the line of scrimmage on Brian Westbroke-all-the-time in the Eagles game that eventually wound up being a large gain. However, we won the game, so I guess that's nitpicking.

Because you don't hear his name a lot says that he is playing very well. He already probably won us a game with that hit in Philly. Lets put it this way. ST is playing lights out because of Landry. last year with AA ST was the most confused player out there.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Taylor was the only player who was NOT confused out there.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that he hasn't made any stupid rookie mistakes. After all, he missed that tackle at the line of scrimmage on Brian Westbroke-all-the-time in the Eagles game that eventually wound up being a large gain. However, we won the game, so I guess that's nitpicking.

:doh:

He missed a tackle and that's a stupid rookie mistake?

Guess LT was a rookie in his prime, right?

Oh, and who made the big play that saved that game? Landry.

This is who I wanted them to get or a DE. When I seen him play some games on TV last season at LSU, I knew this dude was going to be an impact player in the NFL. So yes, he's exceeded my expectations this year. I knew he was going to be good, but damn, this dude is a beast.

We didn't take peterson because we were worried enough about portis. Who would you rather have gotten rid of? Betts, Cartwright? Don't say CP cause noone would have done that. I agree Peterson would have been AWESOME behind our Oline early in the year, but again, our Defense might not be as good.

:doh:

He missed a tackle and that's a stupid rookie mistake?

Guess LT was a rookie in his prime, right?

Oh, and who made the big play that saved that game? Landry.

I'm not saying that players don't miss tackles from time to time, but when the opposing RB is stuck behind the line of scrimmage with very little place to make a move, I expect our #1 draft pick, who essentially plays a fourth LB role on defense to make that tackle. What's worse is that it led to a huge gain.

Like I said, I'm nitpicking, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a bad mistake.

Not sure how this thread makes any sense. How does possibly picking up Adrian Peterson help us in our secondary? For the first time in years, I'm very happy with the way the Redskins organization is starting to run. Picking up players where we need the most help. Using draft picks wisely, not just spending money on individual big names...etc. ST can't do it himself and we addressed the lack of play from Archuletta by picking up Laron...which has obviously been a HUGE help. We didn't/don't need help in our running game. Both Betts and CP have proven that they can be consistent threats in the running game. I'm not saying Adrian Peterson sucks, but the guy has one huge game against a crappy team and everyone is calling him LT worthy.

I've been pleased BUT...

You guys must watch a different broadcast than I do….Landry has been in coverage quite a bit, and the typical game view they give you makes it impossible to see downfield. Now, I haven’t seen a deep bomb where someone was a few steps ahead of Landry, so we can all see that he was beat, but I would still love to see some full field replays of him (and others in our secondary for that matter). But I've yet to see any outlet make this type of film available to the general public....

You guys must watch a different broadcast than I do….Landry has been in coverage quite a bit, and the typical game view they give you makes it impossible to see downfield. Now, I haven’t seen a deep bomb where someone was a few steps ahead of Landry, so we can all see that he was beat, but I would still love to see some full field replays of him (and others in our secondary for that matter). But I've yet to see any outlet make this type of film available to the general public....

As we say in IT..."no news is good news". The secondary position is often the place where you don't want to hear peoples names (except when they are making interceptions of destroying a wide open receiver). If you don't hear their names much it probably means the QB's aren't finding receivers open enough to throw in that general direction...which is probably a good thing :)

He's been solid. Can't complain except he's gonna get flagged for standing over an opponent after a tackle. I said at the beginning of the year that his presence would make ST a ballhawking safety.

As far as Peterson goes, I was really surprised when Minny took him since they had signed Chester Taylor away from the Ravens to be their primary back. I thought they'd go CB or WR. Detroit should have taken AP and CJ should've dropped to Minny.

Archived