Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Landry lived up to your expectations?

Touchdown Redskins

This question is in light of the fact that ESPN was showing a highlight reel of Adrian Peterson. They called him the second best RB in all of the NFL, and moreover, they questioned all six teams picking before the Vikings in the draft for not taking him. Now, I'm not saying the idiots at ESPN are right. After all, each team has different needs, and who's to say that LL doesn't become the most dominant safety in the league at some point, or that Calvin Johnson doesn't become the best WR in the league? In any case, it got me to wondering, has LL lived up to your expectations?

For me, I think I have not heard his name as much as I heard ST's name during his rookie season. There are so many playmakers on this defense, that he LL could have a great game for a rookie and still get lost in the mix. I do think that he upgrades us at the SS position, and that he will be a rock there for years to come, and with that in mind, he has filled some of my expectations but not all of them. That being said, he's only played five games. Thoughts?

Landry has exceeded my expectations. Like many fans, I wanted to draft D-line and I was a little surprised at the pick (though he was BPA at the time). But Landry has surely become a cog, even as a rookie, of the team's defense and has allowed Taylor to so far have an excellent year.

We have seen RB's have good games and then fade away to oblivion, or have a shortened career due to heavy pounding. Like any position, RB is a crapshot, plus, we didn't need to draft a RB at that time, anyway. Sure, the media is in love with Peterson's performance, but I think it is a bit too early to start questioning teams who didn't draft him, especially if they didn't need a player at that position.

I'd like to see some of those blitzes that were on his college highlight reel. Other then that he's been good. I admit that I was hoping he would be another Sean Taylor but faster.

that one shoulder tackle he had against detroit was RIDICULOUS! he stepped over him and just started yelling.... thats what i kept seeing in landry college highlight reels.... he is solid right now, but i cant wait til he steps it up even more with better understanding of the defense and nfl experience

Way too early to tell.

So far, we haven't heard his name much, which is actually a good thing considering who we have played.

Then again he did make a game saving tackle/pass breakup in the Philly game, so I'd say Landry is doing his job well.

I will say this, Landry is better than Archuleta:paranoid:

Not really too much has gone on where he has been involved. He came up big in the Philly game and defended a pass really well vs Detroit. His angle on Lee yesterday could have been better but I can't say I am disappointed. He seems to be handling himself well which, like most of you pointed out has increased Taylor's "roaming".

Do I wish we had Peterson, who doesn't? Would I trade the 2, not a chance. Peterson may or may not last long but something odd would have to happen for Landry to not be here for a long time.

Having Landry back there along with Taylor is like.. Having your cake and eating it too :laugh:

The media is even more knee-jerky than many of the posters here. Sure, Adrian could turn out to be the best RB in the NFL,but come on, he's only played a couple games. They were saying the exact same things about cadillac after his first half season or so. He couldn't be stopped.... Till he hit a wall. Also, keep in mind the knock on Peterson, he has had serious injury problems in the past( knee problems if I remember right) Who's to say he' going to continue producing anywhere ,near this rate. Premature comment from ESPN as usual.

As to Landry, "He's money, baby!" The missing link.. Oh wait, I think Salisbury is the missing link ;)

Archived