Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Come on boo boys...we know who you are

bedlamVR

No hate'n here. The skins kicked ass in every facet of the game. The defense didn't take off a half, JC was awesome and Gibbs as always was, "as cool as the other side of the pillow"...sorry I had to say it.

We'll make the post season and at least win one game. Especially, if we stay healthy.

The misconception is that anyone who appears "negative" wants the team to lose is hilarious. "Eat it Haters" I for one am extremely happy we won, so happy i dont need anything else today, yet some of you seem to get more pride out of telling the "haters" to eat it than from the actual win and that is sad.

The misconception is that anyone who appears "negative" wants the team to lose is hilarious. "Eat it Haters" I for one am extremely happy we won, so happy i dont need anything else today, yet some of you seem to get more pride out of telling the "haters" to eat it than from the actual win and that is sad.

Exactly.

I've been critical of this team, and the criticism was justified. Just because they played a great game today doesn't make past criticisms unjustified. It doesn't wash away blowing the game against the Giants.

I'm as happy as any fan about the way this game went today. It's how the Giants game SHOULD have gone and hopefully how the Packers game WILL go.

Exactly.

I've been critical of this team, and the criticism was justified. Just because they played a great game today doesn't make past criticisms unjustified. It doesn't wash away blowing the game against the Giants.

I'm as happy as any fan about the way this game went today. It's how the Giants game SHOULD have gone and hopefully how the Packers game WILL go.

Word. I know your posting and i like to beleive mine are simliar. We tend to critize what goes wrong but also praise what goes well.

The mistakes DID in fact happen in the past and they deserved to be talked about.

However, today the mistakes we pointed out were corrected and for that they should be praised.

Now the posters who like to say "fire gibbs" "redskins always blow"--those poster i cannot defend.

BUt people who point out bad play in a certain game but credit good play should not have to deal with these types of threads.

Person A "I said we played bad in week X, but we played really well in week Y"

Person B "I dont want to hear it, you said we were bad, now eat crow"

Person A "Uhhhhhhhh are you listening?"

The misconception is that the "realists" or "negative nancies" seem to believe over-the-top exaggerations based off assumptions, with zero facts and a half-sentence of analysis, pass as criticism.

Criticism uses facts, with some form of coherent analysis, to address a point. "Said player sucks" "Gibbs should be fired" "Why can't we be like whatever team is currently doing well?" threads, which flood the board after every single loss, and 95% of them are only one or two sentences, and are devoid of any actual analysis, or thought for that matter; aren't criticism, they are cynicism. Not to mention, all but like 5 of the regular "realists" actually bother to admit when they are wrong. Every single other "realist" makes their absurd comments or threads, and disappears during a win. If you are going to make stupid, 5th grade-level comments, then you should be prepared to be held accountable for your words. I hate to used a tired cliche, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

The misconception is that the "realists" or "negative nancies" seem to believe over-the-top exaggerations based off assumptions, with zero facts and a half-sentence of analysis, pass as criticism.

Criticism uses facts, with some form of coherent analysis, to address a point. "Said player sucks" "Gibbs should be fired" "Why can't we be like whatever team is currently doing well?" threads, which flood the board after every single loss, and 95% of them are only one or two sentences, and are devoid of any actual analysis, or thought for that matter; aren't criticism, they are cynicism. Not to mention, all but like 5 of the regular "realists" actually bother to admit when they are wrong. Every single other "realist" makes their absurd comments or threads, and disappears during a win. If you are going to make stupid, 5th grade-level comments, then you should be prepared to be held accountable for your words. I hate to used a tired cliche, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Its though to argue with that post.

If you read my post above you will see i cannot/will not defend the people who create the threads you have mentioned.

However, i know i am lumped in with the "negative" people and i deserve it because I have been negative, but i would challange one to find me a thread or a comment i made that mirrored the one that you say in your post above.

Personally, 2 weeks ago in a thread, i said AC wasnt playing well enough, now i admit i was fully wrong. 100% he is playing like a monster.

Can i not be happy that we won, even though i was negative after the giants game?

What, you couldnt enjoy a 34-3 win without trying to rub something in fellow skins fans faces lol?

Call me old fashioned, but I just enjoy seeing the Redskins win.

Ive never understood the need some people have to rip on other fans when the team is actually playing well. I guess it will just never be good enough for them, there always has to be something.

And to further my previous post, I'm not lumping in everyone who's critical of the Skins. Of course you can be critical. But there is a difference, and the majority of the time it's quite easy to distinguish between warranted criticism, and over-the-top, bull****.

I know we didn't play as well as we could have in the 2nd half of the Giants game, most everyone here does. But is a "fire gibbs" thread necessary after one loss? No. Are threads saying "Gibbs is scared" necessary when the second-half game plan called more passes than runs? No. Both those examples actually occurred, both were devoid of any actual criticism, both were ridiculous. That's the distiction. Fair criticism is acceptable, but there is a line that it borders with disrespect and ridiculousness. I'd venture to say most all of us know that line and where it lies. Those who cross it are the ones I'm interested in seeing eat crow.

And to further my previous post, I'm not lumping in everyone who's critical of the Skins. Of course you can be critical. But there is a difference, and the majority of the time it's quite easy to distinguish between warranted criticism, and over-the-top, bull****.

I know we didn't play as well as we could have in the 2nd half of the Giants game, most everyone here does. But is a "fire gibbs" thread necessary after one loss? No. Are threads saying "Gibbs is scared" necessary when the second-half game plan called more passes than runs? No. Both those examples actually occurred, both were devoid of any actual criticism, both were ridiculous. That's the distiction. Fair criticism is acceptable, but there is a line that it borders with disrespect and ridiculousness. I'd venture to say most all of us know that line and where it lies. Those who cross it are the ones I'm interested in seeing eat crow.

I agree with you, those are rash and horrible threads. But i think you will find that the majority of people you have good discussion with or have long debates with are not the ones who say "fire gibbs", they are the ones who hope Gibbs still has it but are just not sure.

Anyway, lets enjoy the win, as i said before, isnt a redskins win enough to be happy about or do people really need to rub it in other skins face to be happy?

Its though to argue with that post.

If you read my post above you will see i cannot/will not defend the people who create the threads you have mentioned.

However, i know i am lumped in with the "negative" people and i deserve it because I have been negative, but i would challange one to find me a thread or a comment i made that mirrored the one that you say in your post above.

Personally, 2 weeks ago in a thread, i said AC wasnt playing well enough, now i admit i was fully wrong. 100% he is playing like a monster.

Can i not be happy that we won, even though i was negative after the giants game?

Some people do get unjustly lumped in, I agree. But as long as you are sane and rational with your words, then there is no proof and you are fine. This is why you can challenge others to search your posts (I'm assuming your posts are indeed devoid of such ridiculousness). Plus, the fact you admit when you are wrong seperates you from the group most of us dislike on this board, as they can never admit when they are wrong (see D'Pablo or redskinloyal 1).

And I am very much enjoying the win as well. I don't need to see call out threads on the "realists" after a win (which is why I don't make those threads (except for one that will be made by me if our D does finish top 10 this year)). However, they are nice to see on the board occasionally, and I'm all in favor of it as a means for accountability, and with the level of crazy some on here go to, especially after the Giants loss, IMO, these threads are necessary until the BS stops, or ceases dramatically.

Some people do get unjustly lumped in, I agree. But as long as you are sane and rational with your words, then there is no proof and you are fine. This is why you can challenge others to search your posts (I'm assuming your posts are indeed devoid of such ridiculousness). Plus, the fact you admit when you are wrong seperates you from the group most of us dislike on this board, as they can never admit when they are wrong (see D'Pablo or redskinloyal 1).

Yea im not gonna defend D'Pablo. His post was not money.

I can't imagine anyone being disappointed in this win.... Did they even watch the game? we did everything we had to do to win and win convincingly. Pressure defense. Time-consuming drives. Power running mixed with crisp passing. What more do people want? did we not win by enough or something? It must be real depressing in some of these people's lives being so negative all the time. If you want negativity, go be a Lions fan. They haven't won squat in years and year. Negativity reigns supreme over there.

It's amazing, after a loss we had something like 1800-2000 members on here. After a dominating win we have almost 900 on here.

Thats how many self-hating fans we have here give or take.

That's the most interesting stat I've ever heard that wasn't actually about Football. Amazing. Just friggin amazing. And sad. Really sad. :doh:

Archived