Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Come on boo boys...we know who you are

bedlamVR

That's the most interesting stat I've ever heard that wasn't actually about Football. Amazing. Just friggin amazing. And sad. Really sad. :doh:

Agreed.... This board is too negative sometimes and unnecessarily so. I wonder what would have happened if boards like this existed back in the 80's when we were winning consistently. Would they have complained this much? probably.

Never said he didnt have any good plays. Way to put words in my mouth. But those plays were difference makers and really hurt.

Williams is a better judge, but he can make mistakes, IE Archuleta.:doh: Holdman:doh: . Rumph:doh:

Now stop forcing me to point out negatives today.

Rogers was great today as was the whole team. Be happy. Stoping trying to pick fights!!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Hair trigger negatives at the ready...

Hey, why don't you spend some time 'analyzing' our opponents and give us some 'objective criticism' about them?

I mean, how many times can you tell us about our bad picks, poor schemes, old coaches, etc...

It's getting boring...

:laugh:

Fact remains. EVERY win.. there are more than one threads who are directed at the negative folks.

This sounds a little whiny, doesn't it? :laugh:

But, I guess that's the normal reaction when nancies are wrong...about so many things, eh?

I'm expecting the "only one game" crowd to show up a bit later this week... :laugh:

I've been talking trash about Rogers.

Yeah he played great. When he does it consistently, come back to me.

Everyone else on that list, I like em.

That's exactly right. A lot of the CR apologist on this site are the same people who ragged on Brunell, even after great performances saying that he had to do it consistantly. I am happy with how well CR played and glad he used some stick-em, :laugh: , but we need that from him EVERY week, not just one or two games or plays a season.

So whenever we lose its 'Gibbs interfering' but when we win its because Gibbs does nothing? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you can watch both the Lions game and the second half of the Giants game, then tell me you think Saunders called the plays in both, then I could see your point. Not to mention Gibbs admitted to calling the plays in the second half of the Giants game, not that I needed him to admit it to realize it was fact.

Care to respond to that? :laugh:

Hair trigger negatives at the ready...

Hey, why don't you spend some time 'analyzing' our opponents and give us some 'objective criticism' about them?

I mean, how many times can you tell us about our bad picks, poor schemes, old coaches, etc...

It's getting boring...

:laugh:

Show me where i talked about an "old coach" please, your generalizations are not fair.

However, your point about analyzing the oppenent is a good one especially because I am in packer country. Give me some time and i will get to it, but seriously no need to pick fights

It's amazing, after a loss we had something like 1800-2000 members on here. After a dominating win we have almost 900 on here.

Thats how many self-hating fans we have here give or take.

I personally took two weeks off after the Giants loss...couldn't stand all of the negativity on here. It was bad enough watching the game, then reading the chicken littles drove me away.

This week I am back...good times!

For all the guys saying that there was negativity...you're right...but it was deserved. How many times have we seen the Skins over the past years NOT play to their potential. Yesterday we saw what they could do. Yesterday we saw that they played to their potential and everything that everyone was complaining about was fixed! Lets just hope it continues to stay fixed and doesn't break!

I can guarantee you suck up statements and blind faith slogans weren't what got him to think about what could make his team better.

It was us, the analytical ones that have an informed understanding of the game as well as an intimate connection to this team as well.

So , your welcome Dude.

I will never say something someone posted was stupid.

I still won't say it.

Nope. Not me.

killer.jpg

As an avid reader of Extremeskins, you can't help but notice how we all MUST be positive and only say positive things. WE MUST TRUST IN GIBBS. Well, sorry to rock the boat. I am old enough to have been to games when Sonny and Billy played. Of course I love Joe Gibbs for the success we had in the 80's. Like many of you, this second time around has been frustrating. I have disagreed when the media asks if the game has passed him by, I have supported him when things fell apart last year. This year would be different. The off season moves seemed smart and deliberate, with a focus on the team's weakness and a desire to improve, with or without "big name" acquisitions. Then came the Giants game. It was the straw that broke the Camel's back. With a more experienced young QB, a more familiar offensive scheme, a re-tooled defense, and coming off a big win we should have been assertive and put the Giants away. But no, it was again the scared Redskins, hanging on to a lead, with little confidence in the passing game and a desire to be mediocre if only we could hang on. Well, we did not hang on. That is when I gave up on Gibbs. I turned the TV off after the Portis fumble in the 4th quarter, and it was obvious the amemic team was handing the game to the Giants. I haven't turned the TV on again, although my kids said we played entirely differently against Detroit and won convincingly. So, you can all blast me for not being a real fan, whatever. That performance against the Giants was disgraceful. At that moment, it was clear it did not matter who was on our roster, we were going to play scared and intimidated in our own house. So, you folks think after the big win against the Lions we won't have another Giants fiasco? Unless they lock-up Gibbs before the game and let Saunders run the offense, you can bet there will be another bewildering game where we hand victory to the opponent. The formula Gibbs uses now will never produce a superbowl caliber team, it just won't work anymore. We have a good, but not overwhelming dominant offensive line, we cannot hang on to a lead for an entire half running the ball. And then expect the passing game to just "come to life" at a moments notice. I would love to see us continue to win, but this will only happen if we do not use a Gibbs game plan.. I don't know who called the plays yesterday, but it evidently was not Gibbs style. He said himself he thought the game would go down to the wire. I guess when you are scared and don't have confidence in the offense, you are going to have many close games, even when your team is capable of much, much moore.

Rogers isn't a starting CB ...seemed to do very well shutting down his guy all game.... int return in the dying seconds.... special teams plays ... he has been doing this all year yet you hate on him, come on hate on him this week

Carlos has not done this all season. He has gotten beat, and beat again all season. However, he did have a VERY good game yesterday, and like I said I'm not going to talk crap about him until after next weeks game, and hopefully he will make me unable to crap about him next week as well.

This game could be considered as Gibbs to be saying to all of you to "SHOVE IT!"

Given the countless Joe Gibbs insults last week, the bravado of all those calling for Joe's head suddenly dissappeared?

Where are you now???

We blew the Lions out with the same "dink-and-dunk" game we used in the loss to the Giants.

We won simply because the play-calling was EXECUTED better!

The coaches didn't just drink the "genius juice" this week! The same playbook was used this week and last week.

And for all those wanting a "more explosive pass-happy offense", well you saw it in the Lions "chuck-and-duck"! The "expolsive" offense you were looking for was the same "mickey mouse offense" destroyed by a good d-coordinator's zone.

I'm sick and tired of whinning so-called "fans" crying, asking for Joe Gibbs to get fired. Next time we lose another game, you'll be coming out of your holes, singing the same song! When the going gets tough, the babies go crying!

I just want to hear how Joe Gibbs was bad this week...when the going's good.

Can't believe you were watching the same game dude. It was far from any game we have played this year. And it is because Saunders called the offensive game. That is why we won.

Carlos has not done this all season. He has gotten beat, and beat again all season. However, he did have a VERY good game yesterday, and like I said I'm not going to talk crap about him until after next weeks game, and hopefully he will make me unable to crap about him next week as well.

Watched every game this season and Carlos has been beaten but not beat beat and beat again... the coverage has been good enough to essentially take the big play from 3 of the 4 teams we played (well 3.5) . You think Carlos is a bum ...you might want to switch over sometimes and watch Bailey ...now he is world class but in the Broncos games I have seen I have seen him beat beat and beat again when he is on the field and he is lining up opposite Dre Bly

It is interesting some people have come on here and manned up said they lost faith and given props to the team comming off the big win ...and props to them but this was never anything personal seriously...what it was was a call out not of individuals but an attitude...the boo boys who are only happy when it rains and even in this thread the excuses are comming the Lions suck...Gibbs didn't call the plays.... oh why does everything have to be so possitive....but you know it sounds like ....

.....wah wah wah....i'm a whinny baby....wah wah wah...even in victory i cannot take my head out my ass and actually get behind my team i allegedly support....wah wah wah ...i wan my mommy

Interesting ...thats all i have to say

Archived