Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Huge game this Sunday in the Gibbs II era....

kingdaddy

We can not afford to lose at home for a second straight game, period. Also, the Lions might have the weakest defense in the league so it's time to control the ball and dominate this team. At this point there can be no excuses. I expect to see the Skins run the ball and throw the ball effectively.

If we are going to be a playoff team then this is a must win game. With Chicago, Philly and New Orleans all struggling, that leaves the door open for 3 new playoff teams in the NFC this year. We had better be one of them.

Also, the Lions might have the weakest defense in the league so it's time to control the ball and dominate this team.

I agree we cannot lose two in a row at home, but the Giants had a horrible defense (in the rankings) and they caught fire against us. Just like Gibbs said, it doesn't matter what you've done last week. We might see a completely different defense and offense for that matter.

I don't think this game is quite as big as some would makeout. 3-1 would be great but 2-2 wouldn't be the end of the world.

Far more important to the team and Gibbs 2 is HOW they play on Sunday after 2 weeks to prepare.

Playing well and losing to a superior team is not nearly as bad as losing because you beat yourself.

:helmet:

We can not afford to lose at home for a second straight game, period. Also, the Lions might have the weakest defense in the league so it's time to control the ball and dominate this team.

From what I saw from the Chicago game, their defense isn't weak. Their defense won that game for them, not the offense everyone's talking about.

I don't think this game is quite as big as some would makeout. 3-1 would be great but 2-2 wouldn't be the end of the world.

2-2 going into Green Bay, then coming home with a much improved Arizona, then going to Foxboro doesn't sound good to me. These next 4 games will define our season. Will it be 6-1, 2-5, or somewhere in between? Down the stretch, we play the Giants away, the Cowpukes twice, and the Bears. So we need every win we can, especially at home, just in case!

From what I saw from the Chicago game, their defense isn't weak. Their defense won that game for them, not the offense everyone's talking about.

I see what you're saying but I think you may be giving the Lions defense too much credit if you think they stopped Chicago. Chicago had a change at QB just a few days before the game and did ok.

Winning this game is much bigger than some of us are undertanding.

Anyone who thinks we can afford to go 2-2... wake up. In the NFL, you HAVE to win at home. And yes, beating Detroit is crucial b/c when it comes time for the Wild Card race, I think it's a safe bet that Detroit will be fighting for a spot and so will the Skins. There will be a tie breaker opportunity there and the Skins must win.

I just hope we don't think throwing it deep once will cut it. Suck it up and let er rip. Let the kid do it!

i agree here. i would love to see us open it up and just test the waters. its not like we cant go back to the way we are playing now. but we are going to have to learn to put alot of points on the board quickly in order to win.

This would be a good game to win from many perspectives:

• It's a game we should win to improve our chance for the playoffs.
  • A win woudl take a little of the sting away from the Giants game
  • A win could have tie-breaker implications
  • No one wants evern to lose to a "Blue Lion."
  • This is a great chance for Campbell to gel the 2007 Skins offense into the juggernaut we know it could be.

That said, a loss to the Lions (unlikely in my opinion) wouldn't be that devastating.

• This team's psyche is not that fragile. There's a lot of confidence in the talent and coaching on the Skins. There's good team chemistry too.
  • This team is still overcoming some injuries to the O-line, and will get better each week.
  • Campbell's passing game will get better each week too.
  • Given time, the team as a whole will perform better, and shock the NFL more than once by beating favored teams.

I'm confident we'll beat the Lions tomorrow -- but it's still just one game out of 16.

This would be a good game to win from many perspectives:

• It's a game we should win to improve our chance for the playoffs.
  • A win woudl take a little of the sting away from the Giants game
  • A win could have tie-breaker implications
  • No one wants evern to lose to a "Blue Lion."
  • This is a great chance for Campbell to gel the 2007 Skins offense into the juggernaut we know it could be.

That said, a loss to the Lions (unlikely in my opinion) wouldn't be that devastating.

• This team's psyche is not that fragile. There's a lot of confidence in the talent and coaching on the Skins. There's good team chemistry too.
  • This team is still overcoming some injuries to the O-line, and will get better each week.
  • Campbell's passing game will get better each week too.
  • Given time, the team as a whole will perform better, and shock the NFL more than once by beating favored teams.

I'm confident we'll beat the Lions tomorrow -- but it's still just one game out of 16.

I think it depends on what your goals for the team are. Sure, a loss to the Lions would still mean we're 2-2, and wouldn't necessarily suggest that we would be on our way to 5-11 again. However, if we can't take care of business at home, you'd be hard pressed to find many people that would think we could go better than 8-8. That record was my prediction for this year, but I'd like to dream a little.

It may or may not be a huge game, (that's subjective), but I'm guessing it's being addressed as such at Redskins Park. Thinking the players and coaches come out with a chip on their shoulders, (and nice sized one at that).

George Michael on the Redskins report just said " A loss to the Lions and the season is in the tank."

Absolutely. Put this game in the win column, play dominating ball, whichever just win this one. Lose this and a sure loss to the Packers may put an early end to the season. We could take Arizona but will it matter with a stop at Foxboro? Possible dark times for Skins nation coming up.

Archived