Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lions: Must Win?

CommishDC

Okay..so we are 2-1 and facing the highly explosive lions offense and suspect defense (eagles score 56). The Lions beat the Bears and the Skins had a week off and a loss to the Giants. Up next are the Packers (4-0), Cards ( an impressive win over Pitt), and the Patriots (4-0 leagues best team)....I ask this question, are the redskins in a MUST WIN situation this Sunday? Two, what is you prediction for them to earn a playoff spot? I think they could be 4-4 at the half way point and the second half of the season the same way, so 8-8? What's your opinion?

It is an early season must win for each team. We do not want to fall to 2-2 after a 2-0 start and they do not want to lose any ground to Green Bay who has a all of a sudden winnable game vs. da Bears.

Don't want to make a playoff prediction because the NFC is watered down and we do not realy know how good, or how bad we are yet.

:whoknows:

In my opinion, YES. Our schedule after this is very tough. We must get this win going into GB.....the Cards will not lie down for us........then comes the Pats. We must be 3-1 going into GB.....which......have LIFE right now. THAT is going to be a very tough ball game.

Yes....it is a must win.

I thought the Skins should at least hold serve at home in the first 6 games, so going at least 4-2 heading into NE was most desirable. 3-3 wouldn't be fatal but would make it more of an uphill climb to make the playoffs. Tell you what, despite the weakness of the conference, I don't consider an 8-8 team playoff-quality. If you don't have a winning record you don't deserve to go, IMO.

The signing of McCardell makes me worry greatly about the shape Moss is in. If Santana is unavailable, I think our offense will really suffer.

In my opinion, YES. Our schedule after this is very tough. We must get this win going into GB.....the Cards will not lie down for us........then comes the Pats. We must be 3-1 going into GB.....which......have LIFE right now. THAT is going to be a very tough ball game.

Yes....it is a must win.

I couldn't agree more which makes the sting of last week come back. The skins NEED to win these games if they want to stay in contention down the stretch. After all those tough games you mentioned we have several divisional games after that which won't get any easier. The skins NEED to win the games they are suppose to although to be honest I don't know if they are SUppose to win this game or not. The lions aren't going to be easy. I'm telling you right now. This will be a tough game.

Yes, it is a must win....................

Green Bay isn't going to lie down; however, if we can get some designer plays and practice them - we stand a decent chance against the Farve crew........

But of course, we will have to mix up our play calling to throw off the PATS...:D

Any game we play CAN BE WON................the team that wants to win and have fun on the field will be the team with the "W" in its column. If we start thinking we are "L", that will defeat us..............................

I REFUSE to think this team as a LOSER.....................I refuse, I refuse, I refuse........................Demons gone ;)

I thought at the beginning of the season that we would go at least 5-0 before our first loss but now things are tricky. I really do think that we NEED to beat the Lions. We HAVE to keep fighting. This is like the biggest battle of a season for a good while. Everyone (minus a few surprising teams like bears, saints, etc) seems to be holding on still and putting up a fight. We have to prepare for every game as if it could be our last chance.

Okay..so we are 2-1 and facing the highly explosive lions offense and suspect defense (eagles score 56). The Lions beat the Bears and the Skins had a week off and a loss to the Giants. Up next are the Packers (4-0), Cards ( an impressive win over Pitt), and the Patriots (4-0 leagues best team)....I ask this question, are the redskins in a MUST WIN situation this Sunday? Two, what is you prediction for them to earn a playoff spot? I think they could be 4-4 at the half way point and the second half of the season the same way, so 8-8? What's your opinion?

1: Doesn't matter how suspect our opponants D; Gibbs will find a way to keep it close.

2: No paloffs for this team.

3: If the skins are going to get to 8-8, this is a game they need to win.

:helmet:

Even though they are not in our division we could very well be competing against these guys for a wild card spot. I would say that while it is not quite must win, it is a game at home that we should win. That being said, I do think that we can't overestimate the lions. I hope that we are able to establish a line of scrimmage and control the ball and keep the ball out of their pass happy offense.

Archived