Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randall Godfrey????

skinsfan07

Blades is a monster, I don't think that ever was in question. However, I do think that if we let Marshall go for a guy who probably won't ever see the field, other than as a teamer (where Lemar would have been a great fit) is just a shame. Marshall offered us a lot of options, and I think that it’s a shame that we made such a snap decision.

Well the premis of the question is wrong Godfrey was never never picked up to be Marshells replacement ...London Fletcher was brought in to replace Lamar in the middle, after that marshell was just depth and battling it out with the likes of Blades and Cambell and Godfrey and really you have to be a hatter in the first degree to say Marshell is a better player and done more in his career than Godfrey...

And they gave up 51 points to Cleveland

N-E-X-T

We have one of the top 3 LB cores in the league.

Cant we be happy with that?

Marshall got a safety last week by the way. Can't blame him for playing on a bad defense. I love how when players leave D.C. everyone talks **** about that person. L.Marshall didn't do anything wrong. He was a good player before we moved him to middle LBer. Not every player can play every position. We should have let him play the position he was suppose to play. By the way he's better than crusty Godfrey, but we don't need Godfrey or Marshall. We have one of the best groups of LBers in the NFL.

Godfrey was just a depth signing, an old vet that Williams had on one of his previous teams. He was NOT intended as Marshall's replacement. Marshall was ultimately pushed off the roster by London Fletcher who has already done great things here.

Give Marshall his props he lead us in int's one year and before he got hurt everybody was saying how we didnt miss Pierce because Marshall was making plays. Do remember that he is not a natural Mike backer he is an outside 4-3 backer smaller and quick and moved to Mike because we failed to keep Peirce like we failed to keep Clark like we failed to keep Walt Haris who had more picks than our whole D last year . Granted he (Harris) did not play as good for us but that may say something about why our D was so bad last year maybe it's not the players. If we had kept say clark moderately paid, we'd have more cap room. Granted I love the guy but we would not have nedded a safety in Landry and we could have addresed the interior line maybe Amobi. Orif we had kept Pierce moderately paid him both were low or undrafted players (Pierce and Clark) we would not have had to get Fletch for that price though I like the guy he is older and in a few years probably 2 we will once again need a Mike backer. Pierce went to the G men and became the Def captain in one year. Why not keep our own guys. If it was about deph which I agree it was then we should have kept Marshall he did alot for us and once again we crapped on our own. I might mention that he may have wanted to go though to get a chance to play or start somewhere else in which case I hope he is happy( by the way Cinci D stunk way befor he got there). Yall need to be real though i've heard ppl bad mouth Levar when you know before he got hurt ppl on here were on his sack like yall are on Sean ( my favorite skin please gain some weight back though )so don't talk sideways its a game and a business he left or we let him go but if it was for Godfrey's depth? versus Marshall that's wrong what has Godfrey ever done for the Redskins. We need to stop picking up older players who's glory years never helped the skins or DC. Draft and scout strong and keep our own. Paying Cooley was the first step getting rid of the aging d line guys was necessary also but lets keep it moving .

Go Skins!!!

the Bengals have the worst defense in the AFC.

not exactly a ringing endorsement for Marshall.

strongside linebacker at 227? :)

even on his best day Marshall is a guy that gets knocked on his butt by fullbacks like Sellers.

Marvin Lewis has signed almost every defensive cut the Redskins have made over the last 2-3 years, and none of these players has really made a difference in Cincinnati.

Archived