Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you be scared to drive across this bridge?

Commander PK

Would you be scared to drive across this bridge?

The Millau viaduct is part of the new E11 expressway connecting Paris and Barcelona and features

the highest bridge piers ever constructed. The tallest is 240 meters (787 feet) high and the

over all height will be an impressive 336 meters (1102 feet), making this the highest bridge in the world.

:yikes:

I thought the Bay Bridge was something. :paranoid:

untitled-5.jpg

It's been open nearly three years (December '-04). I crossed it earlier this year on vacation. :cool:

I'm surprised no-one has asked yet but it took less than a month from opening for the first jumper :doh:

That long?

We get dozens of jumpers every year on the Golden Gate Bridge.

To really get a look at the full scale, save the pic to your desktop, and scan left to right. That thing is a monster.

I saved this thing to my desktop and now I can't remove it ! Any ideas ??

Nevermind, I got it my stupid computer just froze up for a minute but now it is gone ! :doh:

I saw a show on discovery about this bridge... pretty amazing.

They basically built the support columns up, then they built a portion of deck on one side. The then pushed the deck over to the first column. They then added more deck to the end, pushed it over to the 2nd column, and so on and so on until they had about 3/4 of the deck of the bridge they were sliding over the whole valley.

Archived