Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My terrible experience at FedEx Field. What about Yours?

dinamo

I want to share my experience at the game vs. Maiami. And it any of you had a bad experience, may be you can reply to this post and share it.

I hope Redskins ownership will see this post and will do something about our experience at FedEx field. And if someone can pass this thread to them - even better.

After the game vs Miami was over, we wanted to buy two bottles of Dasani water. First, we were directed from one shop to the next and on to several more because they were closing. After going throught 6-7 stands we finally found one that was still selling food. They all, btw were on the first level between sections 124-134. I asked for two bottles of Dasani water. I was told they were out of Dasani, but they would pour me two cups of tap water that they have on the soda machine. I agreed because we really did not want to go around the stadium looking for another open food stand.

When the guy passed me the water he asked me to pay $8. $4 per cup of TAP water with ice!!! I aked him why is he charging me for tap water and he said because he had to. This was unbelievable! I did paid him because my wife and I wanted a drink and we had do walk to Morgan metro stop in the heat and then ride in a metro for over an hour until we get to our car.

It is not about $8 I spent on the top of tickets that priced too high, but about providing a goof experience at the stadium to Redskins fans. May be have food stands open for another 15 minutes after the game is over, or having enought supplies/food to sell, or may be just give out tap water for FREE! I always defended Dan Snider for rising ticket and other prices around the stadium, but enough is enough. They had signs on TV screens "Redskins love their fans". Give me a break! Those signs should say "Redskins ownership loves to take our fans' money any way we can".

Botttom line, I will always support my team, the players and coaches, but not the ownership. That is unless they do something to change my mind...

Please share your bad experience. Or may be share you good experience...

I got two words for ya, bro......Sunday Ticket

I appreciate everyone's feedback and advice. Next time I will not pay for that water or ask for a complimentary cap (if one exist at FedEx). And for angry fans who wanted to read about something more serious - here a couple more.

Last year at the first preseason game at FedEx several food stands charged more money for food and drinks that it was posted at their stands. They all said they did not have time to change pricing and we either pay what they say or walk away. Who will argue when there are many people in line behind you?

And how about that people are allowed to smoke virtually anywhere at the stadium? I believe they have some designated spaces, but I saw people smoking in stands, in bathrooms, near food stands. I can tolerate smoke, but many other people I know cannot. I saw one guy almost get in a fight with another guy at the stands because he asked him not to smoke, and another dude refused.

The goal of my post was simple - share your bad experience and may be ownership will do something about it. But all feedback is apreciated.

You should revolt against dan snyder....

This post brought tears to my eye.....

Tears from laughter.....

U paid $8 for tap water...Fool! He didnt rob u of the money u volunatarly gave your money to him.. Lesson to remember: Should of sucked it up like the rest of us or had a beer instead.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and advice. Next time I will not pay for that water or ask for a complimentary cap (if one exist at FedEx). And for angry fans who wanted to read about something more serious - here a couple more.

Last year at the first preseason game at FedEx several food stands charged more money for food and drinks that it was posted at their stands. They all said they did not have time to change pricing and we either pay what they say or walk away. Who will argue when there are many people in line behind you?

And how about that people are allowed to smoke virtually anywhere at the stadium? I believe they have some designated spaces, but I saw people smoking in stands, in bathrooms, near food stands. I can tolerate smoke, but many other people I know cannot. I saw one guy almost get in a fight with another guy at the stands because he asked him not to smoke, and another dude refused.

The goal of my post was simple - share your bad experience and may be ownership will do something about it. But all feedback is apreciated.

If you paid more than the posted price you are a fool. I call BS. Everyone on this site that has been to the games can probably tell you the price for all items.

Troll.

I always defended Dan Snider for rising ticket and other prices around the stadium, but enough is enough. They had signs on TV screens "Redskins love their fans". Give me a break! Those signs should say "Redskins ownership loves to take our fans' money any way we can".

Botttom line, I will always support my team, the players and coaches, but not the ownership. That is unless they do something to change my mind...

Please share your bad experience. Or may be share you good experience...

>> There are 2 free water fountains next to the customer service booth behind section 125. I refilled my water bottle there at half time of the Miami game.

There are some on the upper deck around section 454 by the customer service booth.

I believe the cups are inventoried to prevent the cashiers from pocketing money, but they should have advised you that it would be $8 before they filled the cups. I don't know if they have courtesy cups or not.

Dude, you have no idea what chemical treatment and filtration processes that tap water had to go through. You are lucky you weren't in DC, where Snyder would have charged you extra for the lead content.

Seriously, I would have stood there and drank the water, set the empty cup on the counter and walked away without paying. Then I would have sued the hell out of Danny if there was an incident because of it.

Dinamo brings up an interesting point. The price of food at stadiums is insane. I attended the Jax vs Skins game at Alltell stadium and hot dogs, hamburgers, and sandwiches were all $9.00. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a capitalist, and the owner can charge $900.00 dollars per burger, but I'm not buying. Not for $9.00 or $900.00 It's the same thing to me both prices are absurd.

You've got to wonder has anyone ever explained high volume, low profit to some of these greedy owners? One of the guards at the stadium that I was talking to said that the amount of food that they throw away after every game is mind boggling. He was talking about filling up multiple dumpsters. You'd think they'd try and at least give it away to a soup kitchen. Thier missing a great tax deduction!:D

I thought $5 bottles of water was pricey too, but it was just so beyond hot that I didn't care. I wanted to dunk my head into the tubs of ice and water left over from the drink vendors after the game was over.

But yeah, although I sympathize with you I think you should have known that under the imperial rule of Dan Snyder these things happen. I hope you come back to see a game on a cooler day, though.

How about sitting in the end zone during the Dallas game and some drunk dumbass keeps going out with his two tickets and sneaking in his friends every five minutes. After he filled the empty seats around him he tried to get his girlfriend to sit on his lap in the seat right beside me. Finally I was like "Holy ***** would you just sit down already". Next thing I know said ******* has a finger in my face, I pushed it out of the way he grabbed me and I landed two elbows across his nose. When security showed up his friends said I started it and with no questions asked I was thrown out of the game. I wasn't drunk and tried to talk to the idiot policemen rationally and they shoved me out the gate.

Luckily I found a guy scalping tickets in the parking lot. Paid $40 for a ticket got back in, had a friend from a differnt section bring me his ticket, I gave him my old one in the endzone and we traded seats. I sat down and about thirty minutes later a couple guys start jaw jacking two rows in front of me. Poor guy minding his own business trying to watch the game was caught in the middle. Fight breaks out innocent bystander is caught literally underneath the brawl. Cops show up, break up the fight and throw the innocent guy out. I tried telling the PG county cop the poor guy didn't do anything and he told me shut up or he would throw me out as well. *******s, working for an *******!

I liked my nose bleed seats in the 400's a hell of a lot better than lower level seats. People seem to be a little more civilized. Don't know that there's an answer for the way the security/cops handle things but I know I would have been a pissed off Mother Fer if I wouldn't have been able to get back in that game.

high prices aren't crazy....its called supply and demand. As much as you don't want to admit it, the redskins are a business. The goal in economics for a firm are to maxamize profits. Thats all they are thinking about. If you aren't going to demand water at that price then thats fine, but don't ***** about them trying to make money. If you owned a business im sure you would want to maximize profits aswell.

Not for $9.00 or $900.00 It's the same thing to me both prices are absurd.

You've got to wonder has anyone ever explained high volume, low profit to some of these greedy owners? One of the guards at the stadium that I was talking to said that the amount of food that they throw away after every game is mind boggling. He was talking about filling up multiple dumpsters.

I can't believe the original poster didn't search for a WATER FOUNTAIN. LOL Jesus, 8 bucks, I'd have laughed at the guy and walked away. No way I pay 8 bucks for water unless I'm in the Gobi bleepin' Desert.

As for your point, I wholeheartedly agree. I was in property management and you have to play the economic game with your rents but there were plenty of times where we would rent up after cutting our rent levels a bit and then BEFORE we were full again, they'd raise them. Just because there are economic principles at work DOES NOT MEAN that the actors are making rational or well-informed decisions.

I'm sure these concession stands do a relatively brisk business and I bet the food is pretty cheap overall. It's like movies. Even a 3 hour movie--I eat before and after the event and use free water fountains. I have absolutely no interest in paying them a premium to eat WHILE I'm enjoying something else.

If everyone followed that practice, they'd be forced to lower prices and they might find (just as with tax cuts bringing in MORE revenue) that economics also reveals that you can do high volume, low price (relatively, I'd still expect a burger to be 5 bucks or so) and that you can make more money.

Especially if you what you said about the dumping of unsold food is true. The goal would be to clear out almost all of that food and that tells me the price level is not at its ideal point.

Archived