Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My terrible experience at FedEx Field. What about Yours?

dinamo

I want to share my experience at the game vs. Maiami. And it any of you had a bad experience, may be you can reply to this post and share it.

I hope Redskins ownership will see this post and will do something about our experience at FedEx field. And if someone can pass this thread to them - even better.

After the game vs Miami was over, we wanted to buy two bottles of Dasani water. First, we were directed from one shop to the next and on to several more because they were closing. After going throught 6-7 stands we finally found one that was still selling food. They all, btw were on the first level between sections 124-134. I asked for two bottles of Dasani water. I was told they were out of Dasani, but they would pour me two cups of tap water that they have on the soda machine. I agreed because we really did not want to go around the stadium looking for another open food stand.

When the guy passed me the water he asked me to pay $8. $4 per cup of TAP water with ice!!! I aked him why is he charging me for tap water and he said because he had to. This was unbelievable! I did paid him because my wife and I wanted a drink and we had do walk to Morgan metro stop in the heat and then ride in a metro for over an hour until we get to our car.

It is not about $8 I spent on the top of tickets that priced too high, but about providing a goof experience at the stadium to Redskins fans. May be have food stands open for another 15 minutes after the game is over, or having enought supplies/food to sell, or may be just give out tap water for FREE! I always defended Dan Snider for rising ticket and other prices around the stadium, but enough is enough. They had signs on TV screens "Redskins love their fans". Give me a break! Those signs should say "Redskins ownership loves to take our fans' money any way we can".

Botttom line, I will always support my team, the players and coaches, but not the ownership. That is unless they do something to change my mind...

Please share your bad experience. Or may be share you good experience...

You should learn how to tailgate.

did you even read the thread? that makes absolutely no sense. regardless of how much you tailgate you might just MIGHT be thirsty at the end of the game, and like most fans, you actually wanna see the end, not beat the traffic/lines/etc. sounds like this guy was here for the football and he got shafted.

i love the redskins, i try to stay away from the business side of it, but im pretty sure that you HAVE to offer a free cup of water if you serve food. i swear i read that somewhere.

you should have asked if they had courtesy cups, they are prolly forced to charge you for the bigger cups.

Yeah I do think that 4 bucks for a cup of tap water is ridiculous, but you're at a football game where everything is expensive. I wonder how the much the Dasani would have cost...

Bottle of Dasani costs 5 dollars.

But seriously, what do you expect? Don't let expensive water taint your experience. Everything is overpriced.

did you even read the thread? that makes absolutely no sense. regardless of how much you tailgate you might just MIGHT be thirsty at the end of the game, and like most fans, you actually wanna see the end, not beat the traffic/lines/etc. sounds like this guy was here for the football and he got shafted.

i love the redskins, i try to stay away from the business side of it, but im pretty sure that you HAVE to offer a free cup of water if you serve food. i swear i read that somewhere.

you should have asked if they had courtesy cups, they are prolly forced to charge you for the bigger cups.

I stopped reading when he defended the ownership after raising ticket prices.

Exactly, if they don't have courtesy cups, they have to charge you the price for a small cup. :doh:

Yup...I worked at stands for college games when I was in school (big ten games)...and you have to do inventory on everything when you're opening and closing and the money you turn in should reflect the sales and inventory at the end of the game...if they gave you a cup that would normally be used for a soda, the money for the cup needs to be accounted for...I imagine its similar at fedex...

I want to share my experience at the game vs. Maiami. And it any of you had a bad experience, may be you can reply to this post and share it.

I hope Redskins ownership will see this post and will do something about our experience at FedEx field. And if someone can pass this thread to them - even better.

After the game vs Miami was over, we wanted to buy two bottles of Dasani water. First, we were directed from one shop to the next and on to several more because they were closing. After going throught 6-7 stands we finally found one that was still selling food. They all, btw were on the first level between sections 124-134. I asked for two bottles of Dasani water. I was told they were out of Dasani, but they would pour me two cups of tap water that they have on the soda machine. I agreed because we really did not want to go around the stadium looking for another open food stand.

When the guy passed me the water he asked me to pay $8. $4 per cup of TAP water with ice!!! I aked him why is he charging me for tap water and he said because he had to. This was unbelievable! I did paid him because my wife and I wanted a drink and we had do walk to Morgan metro stop in the heat and then ride in a metro for over an hour until we get to our car.

It is not about $8 I spent on the top of tickets that priced too high, but about providing a goof experience at the stadium to Redskins fans. May be have food stands open for another 15 minutes after the game is over, or having enought supplies/food to sell, or may be just give out tap water for FREE! I always defended Dan Snider for rising ticket and other prices around the stadium, but enough is enough. They had signs on TV screens "Redskins love their fans". Give me a break! Those signs should say "Redskins ownership loves to take our fans' money any way we can".

Botttom line, I will always support my team, the players and coaches, but not the ownership. That is unless they do something to change my mind...

You should call customer service and complain and ask for your money back. Seriously. And if they don't give it, I would suggest dumping your tickets. If that happens, I'll be happy to help you in finding a home for your dumped tickets. :)

OK lets start with a few issues that I saw. I am a lucky holder of some very nice yellow seats. Now paying a premium is fine because I choose to do so but the Redskins do sell this product with much gusto and some now very serious false advertising.

They have now done away with the seperate entrance for club seat holders. When I bought these this was one of the perks, but they have taken this away with a huge fence that basiclly herds a alot of people thru a small space.

That leads me to the fiasco at the end of the game where they only opened up one gate for exit and left the turnstiles up for exit. Are they counting us as we go out? This was clearly a safety hazard and as always the PG County Cops stood around with their fingers up their rear.

The Skins won which is really what matters but when will someone in operations actually be aware of what is going on and do somthing about it?

It is not about $8 I spent on the top of tickets that priced too high, but about providing a GOOF experience at the stadium to Redskins fans. May be have food stands open for another 15 minutes after the game is over, or having enought supplies/food to sell, or may be just give out tap water for FREE! I always defended Dan Snider for rising ticket and other prices around the stadium, but enough is enough. They had signs on TV screens "Redskins love their fans". Give me a break! Those signs should say "Redskins ownership loves to take our fans' money any way we can".

That's right. If a goof experience is provided there is nothing to complain about!

I appreciate everyone's feedback and advice. Next time I will not pay for that water or ask for a complimentary cap (if one exist at FedEx). And for angry fans who wanted to read about something more serious - here a couple more.

Last year at the first preseason game at FedEx several food stands charged more money for food and drinks that it was posted at their stands. They all said they did not have time to change pricing and we either pay what they say or walk away. Who will argue when there are many people in line behind you?

And how about that people are allowed to smoke virtually anywhere at the stadium? I believe they have some designated spaces, but I saw people smoking in stands, in bathrooms, near food stands. I can tolerate smoke, but many other people I know cannot. I saw one guy almost get in a fight with another guy at the stands because he asked him not to smoke, and another dude refused.

The goal of my post was simple - share your bad experience and may be ownership will do something about it. But all feedback is apreciated.

Archived