Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My terrible experience at FedEx Field. What about Yours?

dinamo

Speaking of terrible experiences....

...I lost my Sony T1 digital camera at the game. I didn't realize I had small hole in the bottom pocket of my shorts, and I guess it fell through. If anyone was on the upper level near section 453 and happened to run across a camera or know someone who did, I'm the owner.

I'm gonna check with lost and found tomorrow morning. I was given the number at the information desk during the game. I'm not really getting my hopes up. :(

Looks like I'm out $300.

$8 for 2 cups of tap water?

Something isn't right here. There is no way I'd ever pay for tap water. I would have either told him to go fly a kite and keep the water...or just taken the 2 cups of water and not paid. I mean, what's he going to do? Jump out from behind the counter and chase you down for 2 plastic cups of tap water? I doubt it.

I feel lucky that it wasn't me, or I might have lost it right then and there.............

FYI--There is one water fountain in section 412 (if I remember correctly if you come up the escalator and make it right it is about 5-6 entry ways down). If is a little hard to find--near an elevator on the parking lot side across from the vendors and restrooms.

You should learn how to tailgate.

It's not about tailgating. Its about people passing out from the rediculous pounding sun that beat down on head yesterday. Up in the 400 level I repeatedly told the beer dudes to send up someone to sell water. and guess what? they never did. But the staff security azz came up with his own bottle of water, quite a few times because he was watching a couple drunk idiots. Yeah, I know get off your lazy duff and go down and buy water. But when you are sitting near the top of the stadium, I would rather have brave the heat dizzy and dehydrated than make that climb up the steps in that heat a second time. The heat was so bad up there, that when the beer dudes did make the climb people were reaching right into the beer box stealing ice to try to cool off.

And that is completely rediculous that this guy was made to pay for tap water. $8 bucks no less.

Man,, i thought this thread was going to be about vulgar language, fights, vomit in the bathroom...

But it's about tap water.

So don't pay the 8 bucks. You're not lost in the Gobi desert. In a little while you'll be close to a 7/11.

Being surprised that Snyder will try to squeeze every last cent out of you is akin to being surprised that a scorpion will sting you if you step on it.

~Bang

Just a thought with all the complaining about food, beer and water prices at fed ex field. Starting a thread crying isnt an effective way to get the point across to Snyder. What people need to do is just QUIT paying the inflated prices go to the game dont buy beer or food eat and drink in the lot, then and only then will your voices be heard. But it will never happen I saw a couple kids below me buy about 8 beers apiece during the game 1 passed out.

They count the cups to prevent stealing. this occurs at EVERY stadium and has for YEARS. How do you think they account for SALES?

exactly.

Do you really think fountain soda is high cost to the seller?

They have to keep track of cups. Next time have water in your car, and bottled water is already a scam to begin with.

I want to share my experience at the game vs. Maiami. And it any of you had a bad experience, may be you can reply to this post and share it.

I hope Redskins ownership will see this post and will do something about our experience at FedEx field. And if someone can pass this thread to them - even better.

After the game vs Miami was over, we wanted to buy two bottles of Dasani water. First, we were directed from one shop to the next and on to several more because they were closing. After going throught 6-7 stands we finally found one that was still selling food. They all, btw were on the first level between sections 124-134. I asked for two bottles of Dasani water. I was told they were out of Dasani, but they would pour me two cups of tap water that they have on the soda machine. I agreed because we really did not want to go around the stadium looking for another open food stand.

When the guy passed me the water he asked me to pay $8. $4 per cup of TAP water with ice!!! I aked him why is he charging me for tap water and he said because he had to. This was unbelievable! I did paid him because my wife and I wanted a drink and we had do walk to Morgan metro stop in the heat and then ride in a metro for over an hour until we get to our car.

It is not about $8 I spent on the top of tickets that priced too high, but about providing a goof experience at the stadium to Redskins fans. May be have food stands open for another 15 minutes after the game is over, or having enought supplies/food to sell, or may be just give out tap water for FREE! I always defended Dan Snider for rising ticket and other prices around the stadium, but enough is enough. They had signs on TV screens "Redskins love their fans". Give me a break! Those signs should say "Redskins ownership loves to take our fans' money any way we can".

Botttom line, I will always support my team, the players and coaches, but not the ownership. That is unless they do something to change my mind...

Please share your bad experience. Or may be share you good experience...

depending on the size of the cup you saved money. dasani is $5, and it IS tap water.

What if he or his wife was diabetic??? Seriously, they won't allow to bring your own food/beverages into the stadium, so what if they desperately need one or the other but all shops were closing and then they are going to charge you for tap water??? That is illegal.

if one has a health condition or requires medical attention they need a paramedic not a hot dog vendor.

Yeah I do think that 4 bucks for a cup of tap water is ridiculous, but you're at a football game where everything is expensive. I wonder how the much the Dasani would have cost...

The Dasani was $5.00.:2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents:

Archived