Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ladainlian Tomlinson=Clinton Portis

KevinthePRF

I would like some stats to back that up.

Oh wait, you don't have any. The stats say Portis is still a fantastic back. :cheers:

amen..... does anyone remember the record-breaking year he had for our franchise the last full season he played? and we've had some good back in washington

with all this trashtalking about CP, i guess if they hear it enough, some 'fans' believe anything

amen..... does anyone remember the record-breaking year he had for our franchise the last full season he played? and we've had some good back in washington

with all this trashtalking about CP, i guess if they hear it enough, some 'fans' believe anything

I Agree , people think they know whats best , he says he is injured , so just take it and shut up , samuels hasnt done much either , samuels says he is injured , when people say they have an injury and even doctors look and say he has an injury , they they usually sit out .... now I agree I wish he would have practiced but c'mon you guys are hating just a bit too much , there wasnt one word of hate when he set redskins record and carried us into the playoffs , so now he has a year where he got injured and doesnt want to follow that up with another possible injury in a worthless presason game and you guys start crying like schoolgirls like you know whats best for him , point is if he doesnt produce he is gonna eventually lose his starting job and be out of here , if he does produce then everyone will love him again , lets wait and see what happens maybe?

"the worst offensive I've ever seen this team field" - matter of opinion there isn't it, but you want to argue that as fact, go ahead. What if I said that they ran the perfect conservative offence. My opinion has just as much value as yours does.

The misconception that "he put this team on his back," is nonsense. He averaged in our wins 112 per game, good but not really mind blowing numbers. Our Defence averaged giving up 13 points per game. 13 points a game!

The Dallas game, Brunell threw for 4 TD's. How soon we forget about that eh? Clinton during that span had 6 rushing TD's. Brunell had 7 passing TD's.

So what happened the playoffs, did he just give up or suddenly couldn't block for CP anymore. Since he went for 53 and 41 yards.

Clinton had the most consistent numbers during that 5 game winning streak, but he hardly carried this team on its back.

Unfortunately you cant comprehend words on here to well since I never said he stinks. I think he is slightly above average. So keep turning words around and keep making yourself look even more stupid.

Yes it is a matter of opinion, which is why i said it was the worst offense I had seen,, not the worst offense anyone had ever seen.

You're right, a back averaging 112 yards in a stretch in which we have to win our last 6 straight games to make the playoffs is nothing. Granted the defense kicked major ass, but minimizing Portis' contribution is senseless. Not only did he play like a champion, he was and is a leader off the field as well.

As far as what happened in the playoffs, let's see if i can refresh your memory.

Our starting WRs heading into the playoffs were Santana Moss, James Thrash and Jimmy Farris, who signed from the practice squad the week before the Tampa playoff game.

Our best offensive lineman, Randy Thomas, who was mauling people like a crazed lion for the last month of the season, broke his leg.

So, with 1 bona fide WR, a QB with a rag arm (who I might also add pulled up gimpy in the final game of the year on a scramble and re-aggravated his bad hamstring), a backup RG, and Portis with shoulders that had been so sore he didn't practice much down the stretch..

went INTO Tampa and won a game.

Then they went to Seattle and lost.

Now, i know you remembered that we only had 3 WRs on the roster heading into the playoffs. And you certainly remember that one of them had spent Christmas on the practice squad, and the other one spent 80% of the year covering punts. And you also know that losing Thomas was a pretty big loss right when it happened.

and yet for some reason, you want to lay it all on Portis.

I believe your question was, "Did they stop blocking for him in the playoffs?"

No, they didn't, but as noted, their best blocker was gone, and when you only have 1 receiver and 2 minor-leaguers, and you have a QB with his leg wrapped to keep his hammy from rolling out onto the floor, well, you don't have to be Monte Kiffin to realize that you can get away with keying heavily on stopping the run.

Do you?

~Bang

]']More like Payton to Phillip Rivers' date=' or maybe Marc Bulger. Bulger and Rivers are no Manning, but they're not bad either. Easily top 10.[/quote']

This is true but Payton and LT are hall of fame--around the best ever at the position, meanwhile the other guys are top 10 in the current league.

Portis preseason stats: 0 carries for 0 yards

Tomlinson's preasoson stats: 0 carries for 0 yards

This matches Tomlinson's preason stats last year before his dream season. IN fact Tomlinson has only carried the ball 14 times in the preseason his entire career. Now can someone tell me again about the importance of Portis needing to be in "game shape", only acquired by reps in preason games?

Because LT is in game shape.

Portis is coming off injuries and isn't. Kinda a big difference there.

Because LT is in game shape.

Portis is coming off injuries and isn't. Kinda a big difference there.

Yes it is, and considering that I don't think it was wise to limit him to NO snaps.. but we'll find out how fast he can get into game shape next week.

~Bang

I'm reserving judgement until the season is over. I want him to succeed because that means we stand a better chance of succeeding. For him to return to 2005 form would be a god send. I'm just worried about this tendonitis he supposedly has. I have tendonitis in my shoulder and elbows from years of lifting. It doesn't go away in most cases and gets painful when I put use to those shoulder joints. I hope his goes away. We NEED both of our backs healthy and playing all year.

LT has been in pads practicing with his team every day. And CP is no LT.

that's for sure, but LT was also in the most meaningless game in the entire season, the pro-bowl. So LT hasn't been in an actual game since Febuary, and CP hasn't been in a game since.....October.(i think, whnever the first Eagles game of the season was.)

Not playing your franchise running back in the preseason is not anything new and it's something I completely agree with. Barry Sanders got that kind of treatment also. No need to knick your back in a meaningless game. The running game needs less of a tuneup than the passing and it shouldn't take CP much time into Game 1 before he gets into the flow.

While I love CP, there is no way that you can compare the two? We are talking about the reigning MVP, aren't we?

Let's just say that there is no equals sign when it comes to these two players..

Just to put in perspective... Does anyone remember Sunday 11/27/05? If you have forgotten.. here goes...

PH2005112700543.jpg

LaDainian Tomlinson's 41-yard touchdown run in overtime wins the game for the Chargers and sends the Redskins to 5-6

Not playing your franchise running back in the preseason is not anything new and it's something I completely agree with. Barry Sanders got that kind of treatment also.

Yeah, not playing them in preseason games is one thing.

Not even practicing when there is no contact is another.

Portis isn't even practicing. Despite the fact he missed most of last year and needs to work himself back into the flow, he is just babying himself and ****ing about preseason.

Sanders, Smith, LT... they may have sat out of contact preseason games, but they at least practiced with their team.

Portis is apparently too good to even do that.

LT has been in pads practicing with his team every day. And CP is no LT.

Also, I'm not sure that CP is as integral to the skinz offense as LT is to the Chargers. I think the most important stat is the win/loss record when we have a back over 100 yds, not necessarily who that back is.

That being said.. Welcome back CP !! - :cheers::cheers:

Archived