Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The one player you wished we signed this offseason?

morpheusmeyers

It's a close call for me between David Carr and Leonard Davis.

Davis would have really filled a void for us at LG. But he was awfully expensive so I'm not too torn up over not getting him...though I wish he hadn't signed with Big D.

I'm surprised that we didn't make a play on the Carr, since we have a bad case of geezer-itis at the 2 and 3 QB positions. He would have given us a good, reliable backup and spot starter for years to come.

Thoughts?

Nobody, really. The Smoot and Fletcher moves were great. Dockery and Davis were unaffordable. If you want to sign Dockery, you go back in time two years and sign him to a 5 year 12 million dollar deal. Of course we're not all that bright.

Hey man, he said "wish".

I also wouldn't mind having Thomas and Samuel.

Oh c'mon y'all, Dock is a better than average guard getting paid the money of a perinneal pro bowler. Good? yes. Great? not on your life. This is not a case of us refusing to pay our guys to re-sign. If you get Dock, are you willing to give up on Cooley and ST? 'Cuz thats what its gonna cost

Chris Cooley

Me too!

I too wish we could have resigned Dockery but not at the price the Bills paid.

See above, that is why he shoud've been signed by our FO already. You think Dock got stupid money wait and see what happens should the FO **** up and let Cooley become a FA.

It's a close call for me between David Carr and Leonard Davis.

Davis would have really filled a void for us at LG. But he was awfully expensive so I'm not too torn up over not getting him...though I wish he hadn't signed with Big D.

I'm surprised that we didn't make a play on the Carr, since we have a bad case of geezer-itis at the 2 and 3 QB positions. He would have given us a good, reliable backup and spot starter for years to come.

Thoughts?

DUANTE CULPEPPER.

Without question

Nobody, really. The Smoot and Fletcher moves were great. Dockery and Davis were unaffordable. If you want to sign Dockery, you go back in time two years and sign him to a 5 year 12 million dollar deal. Of course we're not all that bright.

If we are going back in time i still wish we signed Adam Vinatieri last offseason. This year i think we did rather well.

Gosh there were so many I'd hoped we'd try for -- here's the list of free agents alone. Then you toss in all the tradeable players...

At OG: either Cooper Carlisle (Broncos), Kris Dielman (Chargers), or Ruben Brown (Bears)

At DE: either Bobby McCray (Jaguars), DeWayne White (Bucs), Robert Geathers (Bengals), or maybe Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (Packers)

At DT: Ian Scott (Bears)

At WR: Kevin Curtis (Rams), Eric Moulds (Texans)

At CB: Nate Clements (Bills)

At QB: Matt Schaub (Falcons)

I would like liked to find a decent OG, a DE, and a younger QB. If I can only select one -- it would be Kris Dielman who evntually re-signed with San Diego.

Archived