Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time for SuperSkin to go?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Superskin rocks. We need more dedicated fans willing to stand up and holler and get the fans around them going. The 92,000 at Fed -Ex isn't as loud as the 54,000 at RFK. But that's not for the lack of effort from Superskin. When people need to complain on a public forum about hard core fan showing his loyalty to the team you have to question if they are closet Cowgirls fans trolling the hate.

And, btw, the Funky Four is terrific -their act was cut short by the team not by their choice. Again, here are fans out to get the stadium pumped doing an unpaid gig and people need to complain. Go choreograph and dance something better in front of 92,00 and then complain.

The season cannot start soon enough.

Why is this a thread? Why do you sit at your computer and think of stuff like this? What does this have to do with anything? how meny more days till the season starts?

I have to admit that when they showed S.S. on TV yesterday I was embarrassed for all of us.

Nothing personal, but please make it stop.

all the "mascots"/die hard fans are great. I just love hearing HAIL TO THE REDSKINS played by a REAL LIVE BAND after a TD rather than rock music over the PA.

Also I was wondering...In previous years HTTR was played when the team took the field and last year it was "pump up song" I wish they would let the band play HTTR instead. Like

Any idea why they changed?

I have to admit that when they showed S.S. on TV yesterday I was embarrassed for all of us.

Nothing personal, but please make it stop.

That's funny, because when the jumbotron shows so-called "fans" sitting on their thumbs doing nothing in crucial situations, or other "fans" wearing clothes that dont have an ounce of burgundy and gold, or other "fans" on this forum turning on a guy that isnt a paid mascot yet goes to Baltimore from wherever he lives to represent the B & G in 100 degree weather, I get embarrased for all of us.

I just can't understand who gets embarrased over the Hogettes, the Chief, SS, etc. I imagine its the same people that wear "neutral" clothes under their jerseys at games so they can quickly peel off their Skins gear if the team loses.

I've reconsidered. Superskin is a fan expressing himself, and is a extreme fan. I can't see any reason why anyone would not want to allow him his right to freedom of expression. Frankly, after looking at the links provided, I did enjoy some of Superskins' shenanigans on the field

That said, maybe some sort of corporate mascot might be 'safer.' After all, who knows what Superskins next act might turn out to be? While I doubt it, Superskin might come up with some public skit that goes over the top.

A corporate mascot isn't that rare. As the following list shows, a lot of teams do have mascots and it doesnt have to be directly associated with the Team's Logo. (i,e, the Chiefs "K.C. Wolf")

Arizona Cardinals - Big Red

Atlanta Falcons - Freddie Falcon

Baltimore Ravens - Edgar, Allen and Poe

Buffalo Bills - Billy the Buffalo

Carolina Panthers - Sir Purr

Cincinnati Bengals - Who Dey

Cleveland Browns - the Dawg Pound

Dallas Cowboys - Rowdy

Denver Broncos - Miles

Detroit Lions - Roary

Houston Texans - Toro the Bull

Indianapolis Colts - Spike and Spirit

Jacksonville Jaguars - Jaxson De Ville

Kansas City Chiefs - K.C. Wolf

Miami Dolphins - T. D.

Minnesota Vikings - Ragnar the Viking and Vikadontis Rex the Dinosaur

New England Patriots - Pat

New Orleans Saints - Mambo

Philadelphia Eagles - Swoop

Pittsburgh Steelers - The Terrible Fan (retired)

San Francisco 49ers - Sourdough Sam

Seattle Seahawks - Blitz

Tampa Bay Buccanneers - Captain Fear

Tennessee Titans - T-Rac the Raccoon

So why can't the Redskins look into some mascot like one of the above? Maybe we could have it 'customized' for each home game? Maybe we just need to bring in Clinton Portis for a consult.

I'm sort of surprised that Superskin doesn't post on Extremeskins...

The next interview I want to see is: SUPERSKIN!

I like him. Not sure how you could get rid of him, even if you wanted to. Will the security guys make him take off his mask? Pass a "no spandex rule" at FedEx?

I'm not nuts about the costume, because it's pretty generic. But after a while, he grows on you. And he's a nice guy. And ever since seeing that slow-motion footage of him dancing with the funky four when the Cowboys were getting their asses whooped, I've liked him even more. I commend him for wearing that costume at Baltimore in 100 degree heat this weekend--he's a much bigger fan than I am.

I think it's cool that we have all the different characters--Superskins, the Hogettes, Chief Zee, Relvis. The more the merrier. Just none of these Raider fan wannabe's with the spiked shoulderpads and painted faces. That's incredibly unoriginal and lame.

Hmmmm, torn on this one. Perhaps if he redid his outfit so he didn't look like a Giant Burgundy Condom.

That's funny out of all of the details, and ways he's been explained before I got to your post, it was your post that made me realize exactly who he was. :laugh:

Agreed. guy's got to go..........

Hey, you've got to give props to a guy that's as hardcore as he is. :)

But the costume and personae (Super Skin) is more gay than the Baltimore Ravens male cheerleaders. WTF is a Super Skin anyway?

I mean, come on, think of something cool. If I was going to be a season-ticket holder... and present myself to 90,000+ Redskin fans..... I wouldn't rush into it with a spandex costume. I'd wait until I'd come up with a super cool idea. He's a grown man for chrissakes with a 7-year old's idea.

I'm not a Funky 4 fan.... but I'd choose the Funky 4 over SS any day.

Nothing personal..... but watching a guy in a red spandex fake superhero outfit is just lame.

Anyone who has a problem with SuperSkin should turn in his or her fan card.

I've only noticed the guy once or twice before. He really doesn't affect me one way or the other. But what does being a Skins fan have to do with supporting a self-appointed mascot/cheerleader? I like the Redskinettes.

I know SuperSkin and he is a great guy who is VERY passionate about the Redskins.

No argument there.

He is more of a hardcore fan then 90% of the ES community here and I don't see any problem with what he does.

No, he is a fan of being a cheerleader and getting attention. His back is to the game mostly. The Hogettes sit and watch the game like real hardcore fans.

If we had more fans like SuperSkin, FedEx Field would be a better place.

If he is getting his mug on TV regularly, he will become part of the national perception of the Skins. He is kind of goofy, but I guess Portis has him beat there.

Why does this quote:

I've only noticed the guy once or twice before. He really doesn't affect me one way or the other.
Contradict this quote:
No, he is a fan of being a cheerleader and getting attention. His back is to the game mostly.
within the same post? If you have only seen him "once or twice" how do you know he always has his back to the game and is in it for the "attention"?

Imagined realities and baseless assertions are not a good way to go through life.

Why does this quote:Contradict this quote:within the same post? If you have only seen him "once or twice" how do you know he always has his back to the game and is in it for the "attention"?

Imagined realities and baseless assertions are not a good way to go through life.

When I saw him, he was playing to the crowd. That's his (or your?) schtick.

sorry, i know he got team spirit and all that mess, but his costume is just just hilarious. Every time i see that dude, reminds me of that movie "Mystery Men" where they had all those cats with lame superpowers. So i guess its good for a cheap laugh...but not sweet like the hogettes or chief zee.

mysterymen.png

Hank Azaria - The Blue Raja

Janeane Garofalo - The Bowler

William H. Macy - The Shoveler

Kel Mitchell - The Invisible Boy

Paul Reubens - The Spleen

Ben Stiller - Mr. Furious

Wes Studi - The Sphinx

I don't know about you guys, but this has to be the worst mascot or whatever you call it in the history of professional sports. Can we get someone to dress up like a Native American, or give us a Hogette, or SOMETHING?

If it's time for SuperSkin to be replaced by a semi-relevant mascot, let'em know here.

Yeah who wants super passionate fans who get jacked up for a frickin' scrimmage - at the opponents stadium!?!

We could always go the Noles' route-- Native American guy on a horse that rides out at the beginning of the game and throws a flaming spear into the 50 yard line. Or, if throwing a spear into the logo makes you uneasy, we could always have him throw it into the visitor's sidelines...

Archived