Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time for SuperSkin to go?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but SuperSkin is about as unoriginal as it gets.

The whole concept is annoying and lame.

If the Hogettes and Chief Zee represented the energy and wildness of RFK, this guy exemplifies the bland FedEx era.

We need more creativity.

For example, there *should* be people who mimmick Portis's get-ups....now that would be good stuff.

And also in sync with the times.

Instead we get.........SuperSkin.

I can imagine if ES was around when the Hogettes started........what the threads would say.......AND how people would say they needed to "get in sync with the times"

And why is it so IMPORTANT to be the FAN POLICE...and think that YOUR interpretation of being a fan is any better or more creative than anyone else.

Who gives a rat's ass if anyone wants to dress up like anyone and be a fan.

Why does it matter?

If the Hogettes and Chief Zee represented the energy and wildness of RFK, this guy exemplifies the bland FedEx era.

There is NO way you could have met this guy, seen him dance at the Cowboy thrashing, or sit anywhere near his section, and still make that comment.

And it doesnt make sense to call a fan's get-up "unoriginal", then suggest a better costume is to copy Clinton Portis's characters.

Not that any of this matters, but there sure is alot of hating going on here.

Geez, who can call themselves a Skins fans when they turn on other Skins fans?

I can imagine if ES was around when the Hogettes started........what the threads would say.......AND how people would say they needed to "get in sync with the times"

And why is it so IMPORTANT to be the FAN POLICE...and think that YOUR interpretation of being a fan is any better or more creative than anyone else.

Who gives a rat's ass if anyone wants to dress up like anyone and be a fan.

Why does it matter?

Tell him how it is Blondie :D :applause:

come on now, this is extreme skins. how can you knock anybody that represents us in an extreme way? if the man wants to put on a tight suit and rep our squad, more power to him. the hoggettes dressed up like women, not that there's anything wrong with that. but show your support however you want, whether it's original or not.

I hate to follow after that great signature with this funky pic of the topic. But it helps to put it in perspective.

DSC05527.jpgpixel_trans.gifpixel_trans.gif

Frankly I find the costume kind of strange, but we've got a tradition of our fans wearing strange things. Still, Raider fans come up better costumes than this.

So, do we even have an official mascot? Probably not, considering all the controversy around the team name.

...and here I was all this time thinking that the masked man known as "SuperSkin" was really Steve Spurrier in a costume.

;)

Seriously though...it's amazing how during a time where the team has been experiencing many more down years than it has successful seasons, people get all fired up and feel the need for the franchise to get rid of owners, coaches, players...all the way down to mascots/fans.

Actually, anyone who dresses up in all red like this guy is doing is OK in my book.....at least he's not sporting his VaTech or Maryland gear, which is what too many FedEx attendees do.

The Funky Four? They may be nice guys, but their act is very thin now, especially since they've woven it into a commercial and the dudes don't even make it to the chorus of the song anymore.

Speaking of fans, any of the RFK folks remember the "You Crew?" I guess they can't walk around from section-to-section at FedEx like they could at RFK, but I wonder if they're still at the games.

I hate to follow after that great signature with this funky pic of the topic. But it helps to put it in perspective.

DSC05527.jpgpixel_trans.gifpixel_trans.gif

It does put it in perspective. I'll bet it was a big deal to this young fan. I'm all for anyone who puts their money, time & effort into bringing some energy to the games instead of whining all the time.

Archived