Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Sunday Ritual

Ellis

Early in the season teeing off by 7/8 am. eat brunch before 11(depends if there are any slow groups in front of me on the back 9. Watch all the Tivo'd Sunday morning pre-game shows...( does Redskin Sidelines still come on????). Kick the dog and wife out of the bedroom after i slip into my 'layback wear'. ready for kick off. Wife makes the in house Tailgate feel so good. Lots of food and Dr Peppers...

HEAVEN!!!!!!!!

West Coast here.....

Up at 7

Church at 8:30

Race home for Game start at 10am on Sunday Ticket

Hat selection is key

(do I wear the "Black & R" that won the 2 Dallas Games or save it for the SB?)

(Or should I wear the "Classic" that saw 2 SB wins?)

Redskins shirt selection

Extreme skins Blogging and pacing the living room

Can't open a beer until we score

Well...I wake up, fix breakfast for me & the hubby. Get dressed, go to church and sit in the back pew. When it gets to 12:30pm..I start to get antsy. I start checking the watch and saying in my head.."Ok now preacher man...kickoff is @ 1300...let's speed it up a bit". I only live 5 minutes by car from the church so I don't freak out. At 12:55pm however, I break out in a cold sweat and say it louder than I intended.."c'mon preacher man...football". Then I leave quietly and respectfully. Drive home like a crazy woman! Run into the house and snatch the remote from my husband. Put it on Fox43 for the game. Just in time!

If I'm going to my brother-in-law's for the game(which I do alot during the season) and the game is @ 1300...I leave church @ 12:30p. Race home..get into Skins gear...load hubby in the car..off we go. Usually I bring something to eat and he has something to compliment said dish. We plan this on Friday usually. I drink soda..he drinks beer. My hubby can't drink due to kidney failure and meds and I choose not to drink(did that enough when I was 20 something;) ). He throws his hat at the TV on those misfires/dropped int's/penalties...I stand and question the ref's ability to have his head up his you know where when that's supposed to be a one way highway going out, and still call the games(how do they do that?:silly: )or I fall over on the couch hollering.." I don't effing believe this(which is why I go to church)or...I stand making the universal signal for TD if we score and we high 5 all the way round and then one of us has to 'splain to my husband what just happened(:doh: )

If it's a 1600 kickoff...I relax after church and then head over to b-i-l's around 3:30 and if he's not grilling...we eat pizza or whatever we've planned.

Is it August yet?:cheers:

:)

West Coast here.....

Up at 7

Church at 8:30

Race home for Game start at 10am on Sunday Ticket

Hat selection is key

(do I wear the "Black & R" that won the 2 Dallas Games or save it for the SB?)

(Or should I wear the "Classic" that saw 2 SB wins?)

Redskins shirt selection

Extreme skins Blogging and pacing the living room

Can't open a beer until we score

Man I wish I lived on the west coast. Game at 10AM would b awesome

Do you get the ATOMIC wings from Quaker Steak? Too much for me man.

hahaha, nah. I usually get the compact bucket, with half hot and half buckeye BBQ. -or- I get half hot, half cajun.

Buckeye BBQ is great because it is part suicide sauce and part BBQ sauce. Those are right under the third hottest.

Plan #1:

Set alarm to wake up in order to watch the Redskins.

Plan #2:

Usually do stuff around the house until 1PM, then watch the Redskins. If it's a 1PM start, I usually don't watch the 4PM game. If it's a 4PM start, I usually watch the 1PM game.

Plan #3 (this is once a year):

1) Go to Aunt Sarah's and eat breakfast with wife and whoever else is going

2) Drive up I-95

3) Park

4) Walk to stadium

Home games, we wake up, take a shower, put on our gear, and head out about 3 hours before kickoff. We typically sit on 495 for a while as traffic slows things down around the Wilson. When we finally park, we go to our seats, say a prayer, and then watch the guys warm up. Then we go get a beer or whatever about 20 minutes before kickoff. In those twenty minutes I can hardly keep my seat and I do a lot of dancin' around and gettin' pumped.

HTTR

I use to have the Direct TV Sunday Ticket but I discovered a sports bar close by that has about 4 to 5 Redskin Fans that meet there regularly. I listen to the Fox Pre game show on Fox Sports Radio on the way to the bar, get there around 10 AM. Drink iced tea for the first half and get lunch for the second because the server breakfast until noon.

For home games, try an hour long drive to catch the overnight train at 1:43, arriving at Union Station, DC at anywhere from 6:30am to about 10. Train time ain't normal time. After a quick omelet at Union, it's a 15 min walk down past the Capitol building to a local coffeeshop to try and wake up and burn a few hours. Been visiting friends when I show up, so no tailgating yet, just a long walk from Morgan Blvd for kickoff.

If I grab the pillar seat again this year, I'm going to have to grab the train at 8:44pm the night before the game. Good times.

4pm games stink, as the train back is on its way out at 7:30, putting me home at 5am, but that's a postgame "ritual"... For the Dallas 4pm in 2005, I sprung for the plane on the return trip. Still, forget about driving 8 hours each way. If you pretend you get sleep, the train's a deal. Still, I'll never forgive those Russians (?) yammering it up and eating pickled eggs out of a jar last season. Shaddup, already, it's 3am!

Is it August yet?:cheers:

We're getting there ... and glad to see another Skins fan who knows how to tell time. Ops time rules !!! :laugh:

Home game ritual ... it sometimes begins a few days early with the marinating of the pork tenderloin or boneless chicken breasts.

Usually, we're out the door at least five (sometimes six or seven) hours before kickoff because we have no clue what the Beltway will be like. For the 1300 games, it's easy ... later times (especially night games during the week), you've got to allow lots of time. Once settled in the parking lot ... get the "Fire and Ice" out of the car, open a beer, set up the portable dish and TV, open a beer, start the grill, open a beer, cook whatever it is we're going to eat, open a beer (and probably another two), eat, open a beer. After whooping it up with the others (and opening more beers), start packing things up an hour before kickoff, open another beer, lock the car, take two more beers for the walk up. After the game (unless it's a night game), pull things back out of the car and laugh at all the schmucks sitting in traffic while we're watching late football and having more food. An hour and a half to two hours later, the traffic is gone and we're on the road home.

Yes, it makes for a long day but I've learned that's the best way to do it. Indeed, the next day can be tough (especially with late games) but when we win, it's all worth it.

What we cook depends on kickoff ... for the 1300 games, it's usually breakfast stuff: kielbasa, bacon, hash browns, omelettes. The 1605/1615 games and night game, we'll cook a pork tenderloin or boneless breasts and some veggies. And if it's cold enough, I'll have prepared a white bean turkey chili in the crock pot so we can have something to warm us up on arrival.

Road games and bye week ... I've got HD and Sunday Ticket at home so it's a matter of kicking back and relaxing. I'll try and get in a morning swim to get the day going ...

:cheers:

6am- Get up.

6:15 Eat double check tailgating stuff

6:45 Irish Coffee

7:00 Wake Wife up

7:15 Wake Wife up again, Irish Coffee

8:00 Leave, stop at Starbucks- more food

8:30 Arrive on Arena drive, hangout.

9:00 Set up beer pong table, harass people to do carbombs, and impatiently wait for Pez wings.

Its a blur of fun from there.

for the last 5 years, i have jumped into the already packed truck , covered my son with the redskin blanket in the backseat , and pulled out onto the road about 6am heading to the blue parking lot, grilling and chillin , getting my groove on for the game ,section 429 row 26, but alas...had to let the tix go....too much strain on the ol man, costwise and 8plus hours roadtime.. ....if i could have hung in there another year, then my son could be the designated driver for the ride home...durn it!

but, there are great memories that we will always talk about!! thnx joe for comming back, and bringing buges with ya

Get up, read paper (Wrath of Woody for picks down here in RIC). Down some coffee, shower and change into Redskins gear. Training camp shorts and T or jersey if it's hot and Redskin lounge pants and jersey if it's cooler. Fire up grill outside about 12:30 and throw on beer soaked Brats about 12:45. Stay in front of TV entire day until dinner is ready, about 7.

Hope to make it to one game this year as my neighbor has season tickets. Hoping for a division game.

Archived