Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Sunday Ritual

Ellis

OK, this thread has been done before but since we've only got a few weeks before the Stadium becomes a mad house, I figure I'll throw this thread out here to pass some time.

What is your Sunday Ritual like during the Redskins season?

Me... I wake up at 9 or 10 and first thing I do is go get a giant coffee at 7-11. Then I either get a giant sub at Subway (Roast beef on wheat) or Jerry's (Original Philly Cheesesteak) depending on my mood. Then I get the Washington Sunday Post paper for all the game picks and the breakdown of the Skins game.

About a half an hour to game time some friends show up. I get my soft mini Skins footballs ready for when I have to throw them at the tv for bad ref calls or terrible plays. I think they won't get too much use this year now that Brunell is out of the starting QB job.

From then on, it's nonstop football until the last game is done close to midnight.:cool:

I've got 2 : One for home games and one for away games:

Home games: Figure 1:00 pm start.

I get up about 7:30 get dressed call my friends up to see exactly what the ride status is by 8:30 were on our way up to fedex.. 9:15 park in blue lot 9:18 start drinking. 9:30 other friends show up with keg and bring beerpong table. At this point its heavy drinking ,beer pong and then about an hour before gametime massive 10 on 10 flip cup best of 5 game then grab 2 beers call my friend up make sure my fantasy starters are good, then we start walking to the gate sucking down beers like they came from the fountain of youth . Get to my seat by 1:00 take about 5 minutes to adjust my drunk eyes to the field and scream my lungs out till the game is over!

Away games wake up about 12:00 fix my fantasy lineup then somehow crawl downstairs to big tv in my drunken hungover stuuper plop down on couch various friends come over by 1 and somehow debate how i can make one of my roomates call pizza slut instead of me having to do it and oh yeah at 12:25 beer starts to get drank!

Mondays always hurt during football season till MNF comes on.

HTTR!!!

Well I wake up and usually lay around for most of the morning trying to find anything football related to keep me hype before the game comes on. Really there's not too much I do on a Sunday anyways. Sometimes I'll whip up a gametime snake (some wings, or a sandwhich type deal). I always make sure I have my beer or other kind of alcoholic beverage on Sat for the game. Around 12 if it's a 1 pm I'm usually switching back and forth through the pre-game shows. It's a long day if it's a 4 pm kickoff, but that leaves the day open for any chores or whatever. At around 5 or 10 mins before kickoff I get "dressed" for the game, lol. I usually throw on my D. Green jersey, my handmade Redskins head band, and my Skins hat or visor. By then the blood is pumping and I'm usually jumping around like I'm about to run on the field myself, lol. I crack open my beer or whatever and it's on!!

If it's a 1:00 game, I wake up around 9, put on my Moss jersey. Instantly. Grab a bite to eat, then sit on the deck with my dad. He'd be done with the Post by then; I take it and read the picks and all the columns on the Skins game that day. At 11:00, it's Berman and ESPN time. At noon I flip over to Fox sports for good unless ESPN has a Redskins segment coming up. I live and die with the team during those 3 and a half hours. After the game, unless there is some crazy matchup I want to see or a division rival game going on, or even a playoff implication game for us, I turn off the TV. If the Skins win, I do something fun! If they lose...I'm in a HORRIBLE mood the rest of the day, or as Ellis has also pointed out, my entire WEEK. :doh:

Home game sundays

1. Wake Up

2. Put my feet on the floor

3. Stretch

4. Walk over to closest and grab my dave butz jersey

5. Jump in the shower

6. Get dressed after shower

7. Make sure i have everything for tailgating

8. Make sure ive got my tickets and parking pass

9. Hit the 7-eleven for ice in the cooler and to gas up if needed

10. Then hit the road to E43

Away games .. wake up at noon, after a long saturday night and getting hom at 5am :laugh: I record all the skins shows on earlier than noon to watch later after the game heh

I wake up..... and take a dump. If it's abnormally stinky, it's gonna be a bad day for the skins. If it's regular stinky, it's a W in the book for Washington.

Sounds like someone needs reading material in the mornings on the crapper!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You're lucky. A loss affects my whole week.:laugh:

Indeed! You have forced me to correct my post; for I now recall several occasions where a Redskins loss resulted in a horrible school week. Thank you for highlighting the err of my ways!

Or, when I'm in my JMU dorm room and my roommate across the hall is a Cowboys fan, I get to go NUTS while banging on his door as Sean Taylor returns a blocked FG kick to set up Novak's game winner. Man, I will never forget that one.

My Sunday ritual consists of this:

I usually wake up around 9AM and get a shot of coffee in me so I can see straight. Then I put on my Riggins jersey (or whatever jersey I was wearing if we won the week before) and head out to the bar. There is a great little bar out here in San Diego called Winston's and they show all the Redskins games on a big projection TV. Every time the Redskins score a TD we get a shot of "Redskins Blood" which is basically a red-headed slut. Then there is about 30-50 of us singing Hail to the Redskins at the top of our lungs and then back to our pizza and beer. :cheers:

The year we went on the 6 game winning streak I didnt wash my jersey or shave at all. By the end of it all my jersey was walking to the bar by itself and I was meeting it there. I would have gladly looked like Grizzly Adams to get that ring and see Joe lifted up high again.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!:dallasuck

same here

I usually get out of bed, go straight to the TV for away games, straight to the car for home games.

only real ritual i have is beer

Perfect!!!!!!! Thats a fan!!

I wish i could do that however sometimes you have to wake up the body next you and tell them get the hell out of your house and what is your name sweet heart haha

It's a little different for me down here because I don't get to watch the Redskins report or any of the local Redskins coverage I used to watch when I still lived in MD. So I flip around through the National pregame shows (Directly past the Panthers pregame, YUCK) or I might get in some Madden before 1:00. Either Nachos, Wings, or Pizza, to go along with Miller High Life, Miller Lite, or Miller Genuine Draft is my gameday Diet.

I'm up & showered by 10. I make sure my fantasy football lineups & my pool website are updated. By 11, I'm watching NFL countdown on my couch.

Around 12:30, I'm on the way to the bar. Same spot at the bar every week. The bartenders have the Redskins TV ready before I get there. Not bad for a bar 10 minutes from Giants stadium......

I usually hang out at the bar for the 4 oclocks, then go home & watch the Sunday night game. Sleep all day Monday.

Perfect!!!!!!! Thats a fan!!

I wish i could do that however sometimes you have to wake up the body next you and tell them get the hell out of your house and what is your name sweet heart haha

i often stay at my girlfriends house....and yes, i'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend that LOVES going to the games OR goin to the bar with me to watch them :) I LOVE HER!

i often stay at my girlfriends house....and yes, i'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend that LOVES going to the games OR goin to the bar with me to watch them :) I LOVE HER!

You sir, are a lucky man. My girl hates football. I am thinking about getting rid of her.

Last year it was Wake up early, pack up the gear, pick up my friends, and go tailgate. Now I can't afford season tickets anymore it will probably be

Kids wake me up early, Watch spoungebob or some other lame show, miss half the plays because my kids stand in front of the TV crying because they want to watch "their shows" :evil:

You sir, are a lucky man. My girl hates football. I am thinking about getting rid of her.

Yessir, i've also got her 5 year old son started. Bought him a Portis jersey for christmas, Probably try to get him to watch some of the games with me this year. My girlfriend just got a new appartment and her boss sold us a 54" tv for $300

Archived