Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Sunday Ritual

Ellis

It Depends,

If I am not going to the game:

Wake up at 8, get ready for church and then leave. Come back put on my Skins gear and chill with my people watching most of the 1PM games.

If I am going to the game:

Wake up at 7 get ready leave the house like at 9 crash somebody tailgate and then find my seat like at 12:15.

Last year it was Wake up early, pack up the gear, pick up my friends, and go tailgate. Now I can't afford season tickets anymore it will probably be

Kids wake me up early, Watch spoungebob or some other lame show, miss half the plays because my kids stand in front of the TV crying because they want to watch "their shows" :evil:

dude...i would get them a tv and out of my face...or I would get myself a new tv, or I would get myself a room specifically for watching football, and hang a flatscreen on the wall..

On Sundays during football season...daddy is working.

It Depends,

If I am not going to the game:

Wake up at 8, get ready for church and then leave. Come back put on my Skins gear and chill with my people watching most of the 1PM games.

If I am going to the game:

Wake up at 7 get ready leave the house like at 9 crash somebody tailgate and then find my seat like at 12:15.

are people pretty cool at tailgate crashing?

If im not going to the game:

Wake up around 10, assess the hangover from Saturday's full day of college football and bud lights.

Shower, eat advil, throw on jeans and Skins jersey. Go downstairs and brew up a humongous pot of coffee.

Sit in front of the HD TV with laptop and coffee. Flip on whatever pregame show i find first. Check fantasy football lineup. Check vmail to see who is coming over to watch at my house or if everyone is meeting up at another house. Go from there.

My 5 step plan to the perfect Sunday morning during the season:

1. I wake up at 10 AM and prepare breakfast.

2. At 11:00, I eat what's left of my breakfast and watch Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN.

3. When I get bored with that (usually around noon) I log in to ExtremeSkins and BS with whoever is around. Smack talk is generally thrown around liberally.

4. Around 12:30 I start getting nervous and pace back and forth until a small groove forms in the floor.

5. At 1 PM I either go into my basement and watch the game, or I watch it in my room, though I prefer the basement because there's a lot of room to jump around and throw things. :cheers:

Unfortunately I can't attend games 'cause I live in Philly, so we head on over to the local Fox and Hound and drink ourselves into a courageous stupor where we sing "Hail to the Redskins" everytime the Skins score (in front of shocked Eagles fans :-D)!

And your alive to tell about it. :notworthy

Football Sundays are a ritual for ANY die-hard NFL fan no matter who you root for....!!!

I usually wake up and decide what jersey I'm feeling that day....it's usually my black Westbrook, green Dawkins, or silver McNabb (a rare one)....then I have coffee and go over my fantasy teams....then check the lines and see if anything is worth betting a few bucks on.....

But, by 11am, all TV is all about football all the way til bedtime! Luckily for me, I have a great woman who can sit down and watch 10-12 HRS straight of football....so the homefront is never an issue....we order food at halftime of the Eagles game every week....usually good ole Philly Cheesesteaks or Wings!! Then I usually have desert rolled up and toked out back! ha!

So, some good food, treats, my woman and a few good friends is the usual ritual for a great Eagles Sunday.....that usually ends 10-12 times a year in happiness!!! lol (except for games in january or feb, unfortunately....just to save you guys the comeback!)

You sir, are a lucky man. My girl hates football. I am thinking about getting rid of her.

Do it. Drop her. Right now. OK, anyway, I've been with my girlfriend 6 months and I have warned her that things will change during the season. But she's still absolutely ecstatic to go to a game with me. Doesn't get much better than that! :D

My Sunday ritual consists of this:

I usually wake up around 9AM and get a shot of coffee in me so I can see straight. Then I put on my Riggins jersey (or whatever jersey I was wearing if we won the week before) and head out to the bar. There is a great little bar out here in San Diego called Winston's and they show all the Redskins games on a big projection TV. Every time the Redskins score a TD we get a shot of "Redskins Blood" which is basically a red-headed slut. Then there is about 30-50 of us singing Hail to the Redskins at the top of our lungs and then back to our pizza and beer. :cheers:

That 49ers game must have been a hell of a time...:cheers:

Leading up to the game, I watch NO pre-game programming, especially on game day.

Home games:

I get up at 6 a.m. to attend 8 o'clock service at my church.

Go home, change into my Skins gear (Doug Williams, Charley Taylor or Bobby Mitchell jersey, depending on the weather and my mood; 2004 Draft Day Hat; Skins Boxers; Red Skins Socks, gray pants) and head to the stadium.

Stop by the ExtremeSkins Tailgate, hang out for a bit.

Go to the Tailgate Club to get a pre-game meal, wait for the first cheerleader performance.

Go the Hall of Fame Store, browse, get cheerleader autographs and/or pics.

Return to the Tailgate Club, watch the band, wait for the door prize raffle.

Upon the raffle's completion, head to my seats.

Road games:

I get up at 6 a.m. to attend 8 o'clock service at my church.

Four minutes before air time, I change into my Doug Williams jersey, Skins pants and Skins socks.

Three minutes before air time, log onto ExtremeSkins.com to get Sonny, Sam and Larry's broadcast.

Two minutes before air time, turn on the TV set.

I neither eat nor drink during the game, and I take no phone calls.

I don't watch the halftime show and keep in mind that intermission is 13 minutes long.

It depends on what I am making for lunch that day. If I am firing up my smoker to make some bbq, then this routine:

• wake up at 6 or 7am and prep the whole chicken, toss it in the smoker
  • grab the sports page, sort through all the Panther's bull****
  • around 8 or 9am, wife makes a light breakfast
  • shower
  • put on a pair of shorts, redskins shirt, one of my jerseys (usually Riggins or Cooley, maybe Joey T. if I deem him worthy that day). Grab my FSU hat and put it on.
  • Watch TV and check the BBQ until around 12:00
  • Rush to the store to buy beer at 12:00 [stupid NC laws :mad: ]
  • Shread up the BBQ.
  • Eat, drink, watch the Skins

Most Sundays, this is my routine:

• wake up at 6 or 7am and grab the sports page, sort through all the Panther's bull****
  • shower
  • put on a pair of shorts, redskins shirt, one of my jerseys (usually Riggins or Cooley, maybe Joey T. if I deem him worthy that day). Grab my FSU hat and put it on.
  • Watch TV or a movie until 12:00 (time usually drags)
  • Send the wife to pick up wings from Quaker Steak and Lube

Get up around 8 or 8:30. Put the coffee on. Watch some TV or go out on the back patio and drink my coffee. Take a shower about 10. Either go to my mom's house around 12:30 or stay home and wait for the games to start. Not much to it really. I get the rest of the Fantasy Football lineups from the league members.

It depends on what I am making for lunch that day. If I am firing up my smoker to make some bbq, then this routine:

• wake up at 6 or 7am and prep the whole chicken, toss it in the smoker
  • grab the sports page, sort through all the Panther's bull****
  • shower
  • Watch TV and check the BBQ until around 12:00
  • Shread up the BBQ.

Most Sundays, this is my routine:

• wake up at 6 or 7am and grab the sports page, sort through all the Panther's bull****
  • shower
  • Watch TV or a movie until 12:00 (time usually drags)
  • Send the wife to pick up wings from Quaker Steak and Lube

Do you get the ATOMIC wings from Quaker Steak? Too much for me man.

1) Wake up at 9

2) Find my tylenol and sunglasses for the hangover, I hate early long rides

3) Throw on my Captain Chaos t-shirt, whether it's September orJanuary

4) Find my binoculars and headset radio

5) Drive to my buddy Josh's house at 9:30, jump in his mustang convertible (hence the sunglasses) and throw his portable gas grill and football in the trunk

6) Swing by Harris Teeter for some potato salad, dogs, and Miller Lite before hitting the highway

7) Pass out on Anacostia freeway listening to 980 AM

8) Wake up when we find our super secret parking lot and grill + beer + football

9) Jog to the stadium while finishing at least two beers because we took to long grilling

10) Enter madness :D

Archived