Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warren Sapp, anyone???

CAMPBELL2MOSS4SIX

i wouldnt mind, no way he takes vet min + incentives though.

ive kind of liked the guy ever since seeing him on wild'n out with nick cannon. ok terrible show but sometimes its funny. he was pretty funny on it, and seemed like a funny guy, he cant be too cancerous if he can make people laugh

I understand your confused. But we are constantly subjected to these moron threads every time a player is released (or in sapp's case rumored to be released). I'm just not sure what you thought you were contrubting other then mindless grey conversation. But I will give you some credit at least you didnt bring up Michael Vick or Pacman Jones.

we should sign pacman when he gets out of the suspension

hahaha jk jk

It's hard to believe that you have over 2500 post and you never made a thread like this..

And I appreciate you for not being extremely mean, because I was sitting here behind my computer really worried!!!!

:laugh: :rotflmao::laugh::rotflmao: :laugh::rotflmao: :laugh::rotflmao:

I would love Sapp to come here and give some support to just ok D. But wouldn't you think it might be a little late in season to do that. Unless he gets released tomorrow and we sign the day after.

F him. He's an idiot.

I agree... that shot might not have been cheap but it was... ahhh.. kinda cheap. I remember Holmgren after the game telling him it was chicken **** or something like that and sapp yelling at him to "put on a jersey - put on a jersey". I lost all respect for him after that game and would not like to see him in B&G.

While I understand that even the most legal of hits can have a career ending consequence, I would never stand for one of my players hitting another like that.

I know, in my football playing days, i wasn't happy unless other players were carried off of the field. That guy should've been paying attention. If defensive players aren't trying to hurt people, I don't want em on my team. You aim to hurt people & rarely do but, instead, make their heads ring. Sometimes they do get hurt and that is why they are paid millions. He's in the picture, he's in the play. Next time he'll be more aware.

Bottom line: be the nice guy AFTER the game. During those 4 quarters, a defensive player HAS to be in kill mode.

I know, in my football playing days, i wasn't happy unless other players were carried off of the field. That guy should've been paying attention. If defensive players aren't trying to hurt people, I don't want em on my team. You aim to hurt people & rarely do but, instead, make their heads ring. Sometimes they do get hurt and that is why they are paid millions. He's in the picture, he's in the play. Next time he'll be more aware.

Bottom line: be the nice guy AFTER the game. During those 4 quarters, a defensive player HAS to be in kill mode.

I don't want my players to be nice, and I want them (even the offensive players) to hit/tackle the opposing players so hard that they don't want to get up. I want them hit them so hard that there parents start crying in the stands, screaming "Oh my GOD my baby is dead", but I want it done clean. Not coming from behind on guy who is completly out of the play (I know, you go until the whistle), but when a big fat linemen is 30 yards away from the ball and is basicaly jogging to the sideline, you don't take an angle that brings from a blind spot and lay the guy out so he has no chance to protect himself. That is just plain Sh!ty. It's dirty, and I would not allow it on my team.

Even if you hit a player late, but they see it coming is a hell of a lot better than what Sapp did to that guy.

I don't want my players to be nice, and I want them (even the offensive players) to hit/tackle the opposing players so hard that they don't want to get up. I want them hit them so hard that there parents start crying in the stands, screaming "Oh my GOD my baby is dead", but I want it done clean. Not coming from behind on guy who is completly out of the play (I know, you go until the whistle), but when a big fat linemen is 30 yards away from the ball and is basicaly jogging to the sideline, you don't take an angle that brings from a blind spot and lay the guy out so he has no chance to protect himself. That is just plain Sh!ty. It's dirty, and I would not allow it on my team.

Even if you hit a player late, but they see it coming is a hell of a lot better than what Sapp did to that guy.

Is this one legal but questionable hit Sapp made a pattern or an anomaly? Wasn't as bad as a face mask from a sportsmanlike view. Or spitting. Not so bad if the other 99.99% of his hits were within the bounds of good sportsmanship. And he has hit quite a few guys. Hard.

Is this one legal but questionable hit Sapp made a pattern or an anomaly? Wasn't as bad as a face mask from a sportsmanlike view. Or spitting. Not so bad if the other 99.99% of his hits were within the bounds of good sportsmanship. And he has hit quite a few guys. Hard.

I personally don't think that a face mask (especially the 5 yard type, and even most of the 15 yard types) are as bad as this hit. In both of those instances the other player is aware that he is about to get hit and has the oppurtunity to protect himself. Which very rarely ends up actually injuring anyone. Spitting, while disgusting and completly unsportsmen like, does not cause injuries. Hitting someone from the blind side on purpose who is clearly out of the play, is just chicken *****. To me it just screams "I'm a dirty player" and "I'm not man enough to hit you straight on, so I'm going to hit you from back here, where you don't see me when you're not even looking for it". When I was playing the game, we had word for guys like that, it started with a P and rhymed with wussy.

# 95 Joe Salave'a

Position: DT

Height: 6-3

Weight: 337

Born: 03/25/1975

College: Arizona

NFL Experience: 9

------------------------

# 99 Warren Sapp

Height: 6-2

Weight: 300

Born: 12/19/1972

College: Miami (Fla.)

NFL Experience: 13

Sapp is not much older than Big Joe and Joe is nowhere near the player that Sapp is. Where is the problem? Are you guys saying you wouldn't trade Joe for Sapp straight up?

I hate Warren Sapp, I dont care if we were going into the season with wide receivers playing defensive tackle I still wouldnt want the man...

Remember when he used to go running through the other teams warmups and stretches...wack.

Bucs...I hate them...Raiders...I hate them.

# 95 Joe Salave'a

Height: 6-3

Weight: 337

Born: 03/25/1975

College: Arizona

NFL Experience: 9

------------------------

# 99 Warren Sapp

Height: 6-2

Weight: 300

Born: 12/19/1972

College: Miami (Fla.)

NFL Experience: 13

Sapp is not much older than Big Joe and Joe is nowhere near the player that Sapp is. Where is the problem? Are you guys saying you wouldn't trade Joe for Sapp straight up?

Not that much older? In the world of sports, three years is a monster difference.

Sign Landry first, then see what we have left over to pay Sapp. One year contract to prove he's any good, then if he pans out, let him stay. That way if he stinks up the place, we can let him just run off into free agency and we can forget it was all a bad dream. Warren Sapp can put our team over the top, imo.

Sign Landry first, then see what we have left over to pay Sapp. One year contract to prove he's any good, then if he pans out, let him stay. That way if he stinks up the place, we can let him just run off into free agency and we can forget it was all a bad dream. Warren Sapp can put our team over the top, imo.

I like this idea

Sapp would be a great addition to this DL, Carter, Sapp, Griffin, and Daniels doesn't sound half bad. Anytime you can add a guy which had 10 sacks the prior season it has to be a plus. If Sapp is available we have to get into the runnings for his services. However I believe as said before that Landry must be a priority, let Sapp get released and Landry signed, then we can talk signing the old man.

Sapp would be a great addition to this DL, Carter, Sapp, Griffin, and Daniels doesn't sound half bad. Anytime you can add a guy which had 10 sacks the prior season it has to be a plus. If Sapp is available we have to get into the runnings for his services. However I believe as said before that Landry must be a priority, let Sapp get released and Landry signed, then we can talk signing the old man.

Landry is going to be signed, we need to resign Cooley before we go out and sign anybody else who is not currently on this roster.

If Oakland is stupid enough to let Sapp go, then I would love to have him here in the B&G. He dropped something like 50 pounds in the offseason, and is rededicated to getting back some of his quickness that he had when he was younger. I think that him losing the weight is a testament that he still wants to play for another 2-3 years, and who wouldn't want one of the most dominant DT's in NFL history on their team if he could still be productive? I don't think this is a situation like Bruce Smith. Sapp can still play and be effective...

If Oakland is stupid enough to let Sapp go, then I would love to have him here in the B&G. He dropped something like 50 pounds in the offseason, and is rededicated to getting back some of his quickness that he had when he was younger. I think that him losing the weight is a testament that he still wants to play for another 2-3 years, and who wouldn't want one of the most dominant DT's in NFL history on their team if he could still be productive? I don't think this is a situation like Bruce Smith. Sapp can still play and be effective...

Yes but to a DT, fifty pounds is like a hundred and fifty to you or I. I wonder how he will be able to deal with double teams now, and even the triple.

I stand by my feelings, that I for one do not want to see an A-hole like Sapp wearing my beloved B&G.

if affordable...bring him in! if one bothered to watch the Buccaneers SB retrospective on NFL Network.....he/she would change his opinion on Sapp (I did). He does seem to be very much a team oriented player and dedicated to his craft/winning (unlike others this organization has roped in over the years).

- none of us are qualified to assess his skill level at this point

- none of us really know what sort of teammate he truly is in the lockerroom and off the field

- we see the money part of Sapp..which we are about to revisit with Cooley and Taylor should anyone think this is an issue unique to Sapp

Archived