Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warren Sapp, anyone???

CAMPBELL2MOSS4SIX

Numerous NFL sources have suggested Raiders coach Lane Kiffin, 32, wants to rid the team of players who are close to his age or older. Kiffin, sources say, doesn't want players with influence who might threaten his authority. So team leaders such as fullback Zack Crockett, 34, and -- yes, believe it -- defensive tackle Warren Sapp, 34, are in big trouble. Even if Sapp, who admirably dropped 49 pounds in six months, comes to camp looking like a Pro Bowler, he's probably wasting his time. -- SF Chronicle

Just asking......

Since you're new to the boards, I won't be extremely mean. But I can't for the life of me figure out how people can validate a topic(that has NOTHING to do with the Redskins) being in The Stadium just by asking if the team should get the guy or not.

Not only that in this case, but that is nothing more than hear-say, and he hasn't even been released if it's true!

Since you're new to the boards, I won't be extremely mean. But I can't for the life of me figure out how people can validate a topic(that has NOTHING to do with the Redskins) being in The Stadium just by asking if the team should get the guy or not.

Not only that in this case, but that is nothing more than hear-say, and he hasn't even been released if it's true!

This is the most retarded thing I've read in my life.

Our defensive line was the biggest flaw on our team. Like it our not, this is a VERY relevant thread. Be nice to the new guy, ESPECIALLY when he's right.

And you know what, you're DAMN RIGHT we should sign Sapp to a one year deal if we can. Griffin and Sapp in the middle would do so much for our defense, I don't even know how to fathom it.

Yes I know, he's old and he'd only be here one year. If we could get a reasonable price, I'd definitely want him.

It's hard to believe that you have over 2500 post and you never made a thread like this..

And I appreciate you for not being extremely mean, because I was sitting here behind my computer really worried!!!!

top cop.

It's hard to believe that you have over 2500 post and you never made a thread like this..

And I appreciate you for not being extremely mean, because I was sitting here behind my computer really worried!!!!

I understand your confused. But we are constantly subjected to these moron threads every time a player is released (or in sapp's case rumored to be released). I'm just not sure what you thought you were contrubting other then mindless grey conversation. But I will give you some credit at least you didnt bring up Michael Vick or Pacman Jones.

Chill, brother.

HTTR

1. I would love to have Sapp on the line.

2. Do you really think a team would hire a coach who is worried about losing his authorities to older players?

3. Raiders defense was one of the very few bright spots last year. Why would they want to get rid of a key player to make an insecure coach happy.

4. I would still love to have Sapp, but this sounds too unreal.

Um hey old timer... you're member number is 40422.

No I don't want Sapp vet minimum or incentive laden doesn't make a difference. We shall stop signing hasbeens.

I understand your confused. But we are constantly subjected to these moron threads every time a player is released (or in sapp's case rumored to be released). I'm just not sure what you thought you were contrubting other then mindless grey conversation. But I will give you some credit at least you didnt bring up Michael Vick or Pacman Jones.

Why are you calling him a moron? I find this rumor pretty interesting.

As much as I know and understand that we could defenitly use so help and really need to add depth to our D-line, I'm not intereseted in a loud mouth, selfish, cheap shot DT Like Sapp. Just my opinion.

He's a loud mouth, but how is he either selfish or a cheap shot (I'm actually curious)? I remember seeing the America's Game episode of the '02 Bucs, and he said how mad he was when Keyshawn Johnson didn't show up to training camp (or some offseason thing) and didn't become part of the "family" in Tampa Bay. That sounds like a team first guy.

Shut up. Seriously. I can actually TASTE the ignorance emanating from your post.

Another broken down old man just what we need, it is true history does repeat itself, as well as man learns nothing from history

A one year contract at the right price doesn't sound like a huge mistake to me.

Did you watch Warren Sapp last year?

It is so frustrating when people who obviously don't watch football run their big mouths.

Well, he did have only 10 sacks.

He's a loud mouth, but how is he either selfish or a cheap shot (I'm actually curious)? I remember seeing the America's Game episode of the '02 Bucs, and he said how mad he was when Keyshawn Johnson didn't show up to training camp (or some offseason thing) and didn't become part of the "family" in Tampa Bay. That sounds like a team first guy.

The cheap shot is from that Tampa/Green Bay game, where he blind sided that tackle on an INT return, that ended the guys career. Then almost got into a fight with the Green bay coach.

He's selfish because the few interviews I've heard with him he only seems to care about Sapp, and nothing else.

Archived