Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warren Sapp, anyone???

CAMPBELL2MOSS4SIX

If we could get Sapp for Vet min +, our FO would prove its inefficiency once again. The sad things is the reason I could see them not signing Sapp is due to our FA signings in the past couple of seasons.

NO WAY can you get a guy like Sapp comming off a 10 sack season for the vet min +

EDIT: does anyone have a recent pic of Sapp from camp I am curious to see what a Warren Sapp minus 50 pounds looks like.

1.) We have no hole at DT? our entire D-Line is a whole other than Carter. They are all either aging, injury prone or unproven.

2.) We have no idea what the market is going to be for Sapp, as I have said before it is as joke that anyone would cut him so clearly anything is possible.

4.) I don't understand why would would randomly give up a draft pick for a player that got cut.

5.) We cut some random 3rd string dt that you have never heard of.

6.) We only have to worry about re-signing Taylor and Cooley right now, if Sapp will deter us from doing this Im positive that the FO will not let it happen (I hope atleast). Still we are yet to see what the price will be for Sapp or if anyone else even wants him . Lets not get all negative before anything even happens.

Exactly. He's old, sure. But what's the worst a guy who went to seven straight Pro Bowls can do, make our defensive line coming off last year worse?

Again, that doesn't sound like a bad choice to me. They're top 2 sackers last year had more than our whole squad did.

Yeah, if he's released, we should take a look at him. I dont care so much about the sacks, but he is very stout against the run and holds the LoS. The Sacks are just icing on the cake.

He's worlds better than our 34 year old DE ever was.

Just ask Kris Jenkins what he thinks about Warren Sapp:

"“I hate him. Everybody says I’m supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him,” Jenkins said. “He talks too much, he doesn’t make sense, he’s fat, he’s sloppy, he acts like he’s the best thing since sliced bread. He’s ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

“Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don’t know how he does it.”

:laugh: Love it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8077502/

What happens if the runner cuts back? I'm sorry but you play until the whistle blows and you hit anything that moves. Clifton wasn't just standing there watching the play. He was busting his butt to put himself in position to make a play if necessary. It's unfortunate that Clifton got hurt on the play but that's Clifton's fault for not keeping his head on a swivel. And the hit hardly ended his career. He hasn't missed a start in 4 seasons.

There is a flag in football for that kind of play. It's called unneccessary roughness and that's what that was. You can't speculate that the runner would've cut back.

IF he was cut and IF we did sign him, it would in no way be a problem with Cooley's contract. They'd sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal with player/team options for the 2nd and 3rd years and string the total cost of the contract out for 3 years. I'm not an expert on salary cap issues, but it doesn't take Norman Einstien to figure out how contracts are backloaded into the last couple of years of most contracts.

"“I hate him. Everybody says I’m supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him,” Jenkins said. “He talks too much, he doesn’t make sense, he’s fat, he’s sloppy, he acts like he’s the best thing since sliced bread. He’s ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

“Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don’t know how he does it.”

Yeah just ask Kris Jenkins. You know, the guy holding out and screwing over his own team? Hahahahhahaha. Ridiculous.

He hates the Redskins too. Sounds like Sapp would be perfect here :silly:

Past his prime > Salave'a

Past his prime he's better than Joe was in his prime. Which was years ago.

Archived