Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warren Sapp, anyone???

CAMPBELL2MOSS4SIX

he could help our d-line out this year, and if we could sign him to a 1 year contract and maybe more if he really produces. He impressed me by losing all that weight, and to be honest with you he hasn't been a loud mouth since he left the buc's.. and oing fro the buc's to the raiders that is saying a lot.

Since you're new to the boards, I won't be extremely mean. But I can't for the life of me figure out how people can validate a topic(that has NOTHING to do with the Redskins) being in The Stadium just by asking if the team should get the guy or not.

Not only that in this case, but that is nothing more than hear-say, and he hasn't even been released if it's true!

The topic is fine; I just don't want us to get Sapp, an AGED, not AGING, veteran.

And I appreciate you for not being extremely mean, because I was sitting here behind my computer really worried!!!!

:laugh:

As for the topic, I definitely hope that we do sign Sapp if he gets cut. He actually had a good year last year and maybe can teach a few things to Golston and Montgomery.

The cheap shot is from that Tampa/Green Bay game, where he blind sided that tackle on an INT return, that ended the guys career. Then almost got into a fight with the Green bay coach.

He's selfish because the few interviews I've heard with him he only seems to care about Sapp, and nothing else.

I remember that play, but that wasn't a cheap shot? Sapp laid out a guy who wasn't paying attention, that's it. It was totally legal, and totally warranted. He was aiming to hurt him like every other defensive player does, but he probably didn't want to end his career.

I think he sounds selfish to you just because he is a loud mouth, and is a confident guy. I think that he thinks more of himself then what is actually is sometimes, but he still seems like a guy who will fight and defend his team.

He said himself that he would kill for anyone on that '02 Bucs defense. It was kind of an odd thing to say, but that sounds pretty unselfish to me.

EDIT:

Found the image. No cheap shot, just a good play IMO.

lg_sapphit_tv.jpg

Shut up. Seriously. I can actually TASTE the ignorance emanating from your post.

Nice to see you guys enforcing some common decency around here. :cheers:

I'd LOVE to see Sapp here. He wouldn't cost a fortune, what would it hurt? I'm sure he can still clog some running lanes.

I remember that play, but that wasn't a cheap shot? Sapp laid out a guy who wasn't paying attention, that's it. It was totally legal, and totally warranted. He was aiming to hurt him like every other defensive player does, but he probably didn't want to end his career.

I think he sounds selfish to you just because he is a loud mouth, and is a confident guy. I think that he thinks more of himself then what is actually is sometimes, but he still seems like a guy who will fight and defend his team.

He said himself that he would kill for anyone on that '02 Bucs defense. It was kind of an odd thing to say, but that sounds pretty unselfish to me.

EDIT:

Found the image. No cheap shot, just a good play IMO.

lg_sapphit_tv.jpg

You're right, it technically wasn't a "cheap" shot, but it was a very much an uncalled for play.

You're right, it technically wasn't a "cheap" shot, but it was a very much an uncalled for play.

Uncalled for? That's what Warren Sapp should have done! If I'm a coach, I'd want my players to take every opportunity they have to try to lay someone out like that, as long as the hit's clean and within the rules.

Why do you think Sean Taylor hits so hard? It sends a message to the opposing team, and it also might make them do some things that will get them into trouble within the game.

Injuries are a part of football and I'm sure most players, including Sapp, don't want their hard hits translate into ending guys' careers.

A one year contract at the right price doesn't sound like a huge mistake to me.
Exactly. He's old, sure. But what's the worst a guy who went to seven straight Pro Bowls can do, make our defensive line coming off last year worse?
Well, he did have only 10 sacks.
Again, that doesn't sound like a bad choice to me. They're top 2 sackers last year had more than our whole squad did.

It was a cheap shot. The guy wasnt looking, wasnt anywhere near the play, and Sapp put the crown of his helmet in the guys ear. Totally unneccesary and completely a cheap shot.

Sapp may have some gas left in his engine, but he isnt worth the trouble his mouth brings.

No thanks.

The cheap shot is from that Tampa/Green Bay game, where he blind sided that tackle on an INT return, that ended the guys career. Then almost got into a fight with the Green bay coach.

He's selfish because the few interviews I've heard with him he only seems to care about Sapp, and nothing else.

Actually it only ended his season. That was Chad Clifton and he is still playing for the Packers.

agreed. wasnt a cheap shot, was a legal hit. BUT it was so far away from the action. and there was no chance that cliffton would be in on the play at all so there was no need to waste him like that. a pulled back hit that still puts him on the floor would be enough. but didnt need a crushing blow.

agreed. wasnt a cheap shot, was a legal hit. BUT it was so far away from the action. and there was no chance that cliffton would be in on the play at all so there was no need to waste him like that. a pulled back hit that still puts him on the floor would be enough. but didnt need a crushing blow.

What happens if the runner cuts back? I'm sorry but you play until the whistle blows and you hit anything that moves. Clifton wasn't just standing there watching the play. He was busting his butt to put himself in position to make a play if necessary. It's unfortunate that Clifton got hurt on the play but that's Clifton's fault for not keeping his head on a swivel. And the hit hardly ended his career. He hasn't missed a start in 4 seasons.

Archived