Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hand Of God????

CrypticVillain

doesn't matter, it still doesn't count. that's like saying more people watch the olympics then the super bowl by the way. people are rooting for the country not the team necessarily.

besides, it's soccer. it doesn't count, they don't use their hands.

Notice how much coverage that World Championship of American Football is getting. Shows you how much people around the world actually give a crap about American Football. My advice is don't be ignorant about the World's Game and actually have a little respect for it.

Okay so I don't know what to call the Vincent block of Vanderjagt...When I talk about I just describe what happened. I just wanted to throw in the fact that that game and play was extra special for me.

I've been a Redskin fan since I was about 6 years old and lived all over the country. However, living in Maryland the last 3 years I had still never made it to FedEx for a game. Well my birthday is in late December and before we left school for break my girlfriend thought to give me my present early. Two tickets to the Dallas game at FedEx. When we met up on the Metro on the way over there she had a bag with her...in it was a Sean Taylor jersey. I was pumped.

The game was fun and just the atmosphere at FedEx was everything I'd hoped for and more. It was so gratifying to finally make it to a home game (I saw them play the Cardinals in '03 when I lived in AZ...Tony Banks played QB...yeah). Anyways, the game was great but when Novak missed that FG and Romo sits to pee hit Whitten for that huge completion that put them in FG range my stomach sunk. I couldn't believe my first FedEx game we were gonna lose to Dallas on a last minute FG. I was so bummed, but part of me thought something might happen. Sure enough Vincent immortalized himself in the hearts of every Redskin fan and Sean Taylor did what he does best. We got a little help from Dallas and then Novak somehow put it through. Every fan and that staduim was going nuts. One of the best moments of my life. I feel very lucky to have my first game be such an immortal one.

Anyways, whatever happens, that play was amazing and I'll always have a soft spot for Vincent.

-Vip

Man that is a nice way to enjoy a game at Fedex, espcially your first.

Notice how much coverage that World Championship of American Football is getting. Shows you how much people around the world actually give a crap about American Football. My advice is don't be ignorant about the World's Game and actually have a little respect for it.

the fact that you are actually taking me serious is a serious sign that you need to have a beer, be it a budweiser or a hefeiweissen.

Actually the Superbowl is the most watched national sporting event in the world, about 875 million people worldwide actually watch it.

The World Cup (is an international event) and therefore in a different category. The European equivalent of the Superbowl is the Champions league - which has been crap since Forest havent won anything in 30 odd years. :mad:

In reference to the - its crap they dont use their hands comment - how can you call a game football when only one guy on your team can kick it? :laugh:

the fact that you are actually taking me serious is a serious sign that you need to have a beer, be it a budweiser or a hefeiweissen.

I don't drink before noon.

Actually the Superbowl is the most watched national sporting event in the world, about 875 million people worldwide actually watch it.

The World Cup (is an international event) and therefore in a different category. The European equivalent of the Superbowl is the Champions league - which has been crap since Forest havent won anything in 30 odd years. :mad:

In reference to the - its crap they dont use their hands comment - how can you call a game football when only one guy on your team can kick it? :laugh:

:cheers: But I'll drink to that.

Yeah I never really got that either, but hey it is a good game.

And regualr football is a good game too. Anybody see that Goal in the MLS last night :cheers:

technically...two guys can kick it.

........ and technically two guys can catch it in soccer so lets call it even :)

I have to say that even as someone brought up watching and playing (to a professional level - almost) football here in England I would far rather play (and I did) and watch American football. Today I hardly ever watch a soccer game unless England are playing and then as a previous poster said I'm more supporting my country than the game itself. Meanwhile I get up a 1 a.m. UK time to watch the Skins play if they are an 8pm EST kick off slot and then go to work the next day ......

It is a fact though that soccer has a true worldwide appeal and following that the NFL would die for.

It has a lot of moments, but I was just talking about this one.

But here it is right here:

Signature moment: Perhaps the most remembered contest of this rivalry was the NFC Championship game at RFK Stadium in 1982, where the rivalry was personified with the entire stadium chanting "We Want Dallas!" throughout the game. The game was highlighted by Redskins guard Darryl Grant high-stepping into the end zone to add insult to the Redskins 31-17 victory

If anyone has this game on videotape or DVD, I will pay for a copy.

PLEASE.

:cool:

PM me.

The Hand of God is from soccer. Maradona's cheating goal that didnt get called

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_of_God_goal

I thought it was one of my favorite Redskins moments since I was actually there. I would call it Novak's Redemption or Sean Taylor is a Dangerous.......

"Novak's Redemption" is a very fitting name. He was missing a lot of field goals last year.

Okay so I don't know what to call the Vincent block of Vanderjagt...When I talk about I just describe what happened. I just wanted to throw in the fact that that game and play was extra special for me.

I've been a Redskin fan since I was about 6 years old and lived all over the country. However, living in Maryland the last 3 years I had still never made it to FedEx for a game. Well my birthday is in late December and before we left school for break my girlfriend thought to give me my present early. Two tickets to the Dallas game at FedEx. When we met up on the Metro on the way over there she had a bag with her...in it was a Sean Taylor jersey. I was pumped.

The game was fun and just the atmosphere at FedEx was everything I'd hoped for and more. It was so gratifying to finally make it to a home game (I saw them play the Cardinals in '03 when I lived in AZ...Tony Banks played QB...yeah). Anyways, the game was great but when Novak missed that FG and Romo sits to pee hit Whitten for that huge completion that put them in FG range my stomach sunk. I couldn't believe my first FedEx game we were gonna lose to Dallas on a last minute FG. I was so bummed, but part of me thought something might happen. Sure enough Vincent immortalized himself in the hearts of every Redskin fan and Sean Taylor did what he does best. We got a little help from Dallas and then Novak somehow put it through. Every fan and that staduim was going nuts. One of the best moments of my life. I feel very lucky to have my first game be such an immortal one.

Anyways, whatever happens, that play was amazing and I'll always have a soft spot for Vincent.

-Vip

She's a keeper!!! does she have a sister?

i meant the kicker and the punter, so i guess we have 4 if you count both teams :D

Very true, i dont know how i missed the punter off there. Still all in good spirits.

MartinC which team did you play for (almost professionally)?

I take claim to some of the magic in the air that day.I was driving from Maryland to California on the day of this game with my father we were terrified we would miss it and we were in the middle of the desert. Gametime was 15 minutes away and we came over a hill (agian in the middle of the desert) to a town called Tucumcali, New Mexico. We pull in the town and I run in every hotel looking and hoping for them to have a public TV but they don't. The last hotel in town tells me of a sports bar on the side of town. We pull in to this little sports bar/ mexican restraunt right before gametime. They have only 3 TVs and I beg the owner to change one tv tot he Mighty Skins and he doesn't want to turn it of the Bengals game (lame) but finally says he will change the huge 10 foot projector to the redskins- cowboys game. (he said he has never had a request for the redskins before). We order nachos and watch the entire game pretty calmly (i did get some weird looks as I wore my Jon Jansen 70th anniversary jersey). The last few minutes of the game I was standing on my chair biting my nails. When Novak put that kick through both me and my dad were jumping up and down hugging and yelling. (the residents of Tucumcali were speechless to see two caucasian full grown men screaming and yelling). We gave a hell of a tip to our waitress and packed back in the car and headed back to the desert. I can honestly say I will never forget it or the town of Tucumcali, New Mexico? Arizona?

You can't use the "Hand of God". It's already taken, see Diego Maradona's first goal against England in the 1986 World Cup. Calling Troy Vincent's block the "Hand of God" is like calling Lemar Marshall's pick the "Immaculate Reception" or calling Santana Moss's second TD at Dallas in 2005 "The Catch". Don't recycle names that are already used, and yes other sports count.

Redskins-Cowboys:

By Dan Hargett

washingtonpost.com Staff Writer

Web Posted: Thursday, Nov. 22, 2002; 12:26 p.m. EST

Dec. 13, 1992

At RFK Stadium

W, 20-17

In one of the more bizarre ending to ever occur at RFK Stadium, in a game that coach Joe Gibbs said he would always remember, the Redskins snatched a victory over the Cowboys thanks to an inexplicable mistake by running back Emmitt Smith. The Redskins were down by four points when quarterback Troy Aikman was hit in the end zone as he began his throwing motion. The ball squirted free and Smith picked up the ball, but for some reason tried to throw the ball out of the end zone. He failed and safety Danny Copeland scooped up the ball for the winning touchdown that would send Cowboys' coach Jimmie Johnson sprinting after the officials after the final gun

The Hand of God is from soccer. Maradona's cheating goal that didnt get called

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_of_God_goal

I thought it was one of my favorite Redskins moments since I was actually there. I would call it Novak's Redemption or Sean Taylor is a Dangerous.......

That was the original Hand of God moment as the cheatin little arrgie bas***d Maradona put it, when he scored the goal with his hand that put my beloved England out the World Cup in 1986 in the quarter finals, NO HARD FEELINS THO they will never retake the Faulkland islands!

Diego Maradona is a cocaine head. Dude is literally killing himself with drugs. He's been hospitalized several times and just won't quit. What a jackass. He was an average player at best anyway. My wife's uncle is from Argentina and he can't stand him. But he's thankful for that play.

Archived