Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hand Of God????

CrypticVillain

He was an average player at best anyway.

Maridona was a prick of a person, but for his time, he was a good soccer player. Google "Goal of the Century" and see if they have his clip on there. He was definitely over average if you look at his awards, records and statistics. Argentina has to be one of the hardest National teams to make, (Argentinians come out of the womb scoring goals) and he is one of their best payers ever. (ok, so he's no Batistuta, but he had handles for his time, and im not talking about the love ones he strapped on after his career) I agree he had a compulsive personality and loved food and drugs, but as a player, on the field, for his time, he was a bada*** striker. :2cents:

"The Presidential Slap"
Presidential Pardon
The Hand of Troy

Any more canidates???

And since we are renaming plays how bout we rename this:

Signature moment: Washington led 35-14 in the 1999 season opener. Dallas, led by Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, and Emmitt Smith, mounted a comeback to tie the game. Dallas won in overtime on a 76-yard touchdown pass from Aikman to Rahib "Rocket" Ismail.

How bout "**** You Rocket!!!"

at his best Maradona could p*ss all over most other players on this planet.

As for his hand ball goal - jeezuz! players cheat in football (i.e. soccer) ALL the time; hand ball,tripping, elbowing, shirt pulling, diving (endemic in the game now). Fans brush it off when its their team but do the usual 'outrageous' routine when they are faced with it. Where I come from, Maradona's hand of God goal is always good for a laugh rather than fake outrage.

Sticking a label on a play is hard - Maradona came up with that one himself. e.g. 'The Catch' isnt exactly a stroke of literal genius to describe erm....a catch...

There is actually part of that Wikipedia entry left out. The very last sentence of that "Hand of God" entry is this:

"The trajectory of the kick would have taken it wide right, as with the earlier missed attempt. However, in mid-flight the kick clearly veered back to the left as though it had been redirected by the "Hand of God." It seems like they're not even referring to Troy Vincent's block of the Cowboys field goal attempt.

Maridona was a prick of a person, but for his time, he was a good soccer player. Google "Goal of the Century" and see if they have his clip on there. He was definitely over average if you look at his awards, records and statistics. Argentina has to be one of the hardest National teams to make, (Argentinians come out of the womb scoring goals) and he is one of their best payers ever. (ok, so he's no Batistuta, but he had handles for his time, and im not talking about the love ones he strapped on after his career) I agree he had a compulsive personality and loved food and drugs, but as a player, on the field, for his time, he was a bada*** striker. :2cents:

A lot of that is right but he is widely regarded as one of the greatest soccer players ever. And yea in Argentina he is hailed over Batistuta so to say that batistuta is better than him is plain wrong.

i meant the kicker and the punter, so i guess we have 4 if you count both teams :D

Can't the QB also tehcnically kick the ball as well? I know doug flutie did this a couple years ago, i just dont remember if he was lined up as a QB. If so, then technically 10 guys can kick the ball. (3 QB's each team, 1 kicker each team and one punter each team)

another thing, would anyone here consider lavar ending aikmans career a signature moment in skins + boys lore? at the time, our Franchise defensive player smoking there franchise offensive player. It should be on that list IMO

Can't the QB also tehcnically kick the ball as well? I know doug flutie did this a couple years ago, i just dont remember if he was lined up as a QB. If so, then technically 10 guys can kick the ball. (3 QB's each team, 1 kicker each team and one punter each team)

technically anyone can kick the ball, whether it does any good or not is a different question. So you could do a direct snap to a RB who would drop kick the ball.

• 2 weeks later...
Very true, i dont know how i missed the punter off there. Still all in good spirits.

MartinC which team did you play for (almost professionally)?

Very late response to this one but I played for Preston as a school boy and then signed a non professional contract at 17 rather than take an apprenticeship as I wanted to combine playing with finishing my education. So while I played for/with a professional team and received money (ut not a lot :( ) I never actually turned pro.

I played A team and a handful of reserve team games was released at 19 and then played non league for a few years. Started playing American Football when I was 21 for Preston Pirates (now defunct) and had 4 or 5 good years with the sport.

at his best Maradona could p*ss all over most other players on this planet.

As for his hand ball goal - jeezuz! players cheat in football (i.e. soccer) ALL the time; hand ball,tripping, elbowing, shirt pulling, diving (endemic in the game now). Fans brush it off when its their team but do the usual 'outrageous' routine when they are faced with it. Where I come from, Maradona's hand of God goal is always good for a laugh rather than fake outrage.

Sticking a label on a play is hard - Maradona came up with that one himself. e.g. 'The Catch' isnt exactly a stroke of literal genius to describe erm....a catch...

well put

I think it was one whole side of the stadium blowing all at once to push Novak's kick inside the uprights.

Although I can say that I felt something big was going to happen just moments before the block. I'm told my brother who was there had already stormed out of the stadium and my dad who I was watching it with was saying, "that's it" but I just said, "wait." In my customary harassment of my traitor cowboy fan sister, I discovered that she had the same feeling I did, she was at the game and actually argued with another cowboy fan who was taunting everyone and saying "there's no way he misses". She knew they were relying on an overpriced, crybaby free agent who tends to kick too low.

Neither of us predicted how it would go down but we both sensed that the Redskins were going to do it. When people talk about bandwagon, idiot cowboy fans who know nothing, sometimes I will say that they do have one true fan, although she learned how to understand football and be a fan from the Redskins. (TO ended up growing on her though after weeks of opposition so sometimes I wonder)

I think it was one whole side of the stadium blowing all at once to push Novak's kick inside the uprights.

Although I can say that I felt something big was going to happen just moments before the block. I'm told my brother who was there had already stormed out of the stadium and my dad who I was watching it with was saying, "that's it" but I just said, "wait." In my customary harassment of my traitor cowboy fan sister, I discovered that she had the same feeling I did, she was at the game and actually argued with another cowboy fan who was taunting everyone and saying "there's no way he misses". She knew they were relying on an overpriced, crybaby free agent who tends to kick too low.

Neither of us predicted how it would go down but we both sensed that the Redskins were going to do it. When people talk about bandwagon, idiot cowboy fans who know nothing, sometimes I will say that they do have one true fan, although she learned how to understand football and be a fan from the Redskins. (TO ended up growing on her though after weeks of opposition so sometimes I wonder)

I say 9% of Cow**** fans are ok and know football. But that other 91 is idiots and are some of the most annoying people on earth.

I say 9% of Cow**** fans are ok and know football. But that other 91 is idiots and are some of the most annoying people on earth.

I'll go with that. Like I said, my sister learned how to be a football fan in our stadium. Im fairly certain we both even got to go to RFK before the new one was built so there is little doubt where she learned.

I'll go with that. Like I said, my sister learned how to be a football fan in our stadium. Im fairly certain we both even got to go to RFK before the new one was built so there is little doubt where she learned.

Man that is like a stripper going to church to be a "good stripper". But I know you all have some heated arguments. I just hope you aint teach her too much.

Archived