Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking for a good Anti-Bush T-shirt for trip to Ireland

E-Dog Night

As an isolationist, i do not support the Iraq war, but i also do not think it is an "evil" war. i would rather things turn out for the best there, but i'm not sure that can happen so long as the Iraqi people remain to affraid to help themselves. they need to step up and not let the terrorists intimidate them if they truly want their freedom.

The Iraq war example was meant to show that American politics tend to affect the entire world (and our government sadly did commit a great evil).

Just to add, I find it amusing that people blame the Iraqis for the mess that country is in. Last time I checked, it was our government( and a few of our allies) that invaded and uprooted the social order of that country( war tends to bread anarchy). The inability for many to accept responsibility is disappointing.

The first post in this thread I can completely agree with.

Well...feelings aside about whoever our President may be at the moment....the simple fact that someone would go out of their way to get a t-shirt to bash the President while visiting another country....that's just sad.

Well...feelings aside about whoever our President may be at the moment....the simple fact that someone would go out of their way to get a t-shirt to bash the President while visiting another country....that's just sad.

Yeah.

From "Don't Tread On Me," to "Please don't hurt me, I don't like my president either" in 240 short years. :doh:

The responses aren't much better though...on either side.

The funny part to me is this. I happen to hate Bush, though for very different reasons than most, and, if I was in Ireland I would beat the holy hell out of an American wearing an anti-American shirt in a foreign country. The Irish wouldn't have to. I'd do it for them.

How about be proud of your country. Bush has not let our Country down. Bandwagon Americans who are ready to start complaining when things don't go ideal have let this country down. We live in a country that celebrates FREEDOM so that numb sculls can where stupid shirts that criticize the leaders of our country. The ironic thing is that men and woman are dying everyday to defend their right to do so. I love this country, and I will admit that it is not where I would like it to be. But our leaders are elected and therefore they are a representation of who the people are. I believe that the people need to step up and accept the blame for the condition of our country and stop complaining about our leaders. :2cents:

How about be proud of your country. Bush has not let our Country down. Bandwagon Americans who are ready to start complaining when things don't go ideal have let this country down. We live in a country that celebrates FREEDOM so that numb sculls can where stupid shirts that criticize the leaders of our country. The ironic thing is that men and woman are dying everyday to defend their right to do so. I love this country, and I will admit that it is not where I would like it to be. But our leaders are elected and therefore they are a representation of who the people are. I believe that the people need to step up and accept the blame for the condition of our country and stop complaining about our leaders. :2cents:

Cmon now....it is easier to complain than to actually do something about it....didn't you know that?!

The funny part to me is this. I happen to hate Bush, though for very different reasons than most, and, if I was in Ireland I would beat the holy hell out of an American wearing an anti-American shirt in a foreign country. The Irish wouldn't have to. I'd do it for them.

Good thing we're talking about E-dog wearing an anti-Bush shirt and not an anti-American shirt. :)

Cmon now....it is easier to complain than to actually do something about it....didn't you know that?!

You might be too young to have gone through this, but I would usely get slapped for complaing. It made complaining alot harder than it appeared on the surface.:D

Come on, Chris.. :doh:

You're acting as if people haven't tried to "do something about it". Fact of the matter is, neither ****ing about it nor standing up for what you believe in will make a difference either way. It has been proven over and over. Freedom of speech does not mean what people are trying to define it as. You can not just picket down Pennsylvania Avenue in hopes that someone will catch on and impeach that ****in ****. It won't happen no matter how bad a lot of us want it to happen.. hell I have been harping for him to lose his job A LONG time ago.

Liberation from oppression and tyranny? Bull ****!

falseadvertisment.png

I'm going to Ireland in about a month, and I need to find a really good anti-Bush t-shirt for the trip. Apparently, as much as he's hated here in the States, you can pretty much quadruple that in Ireland. My fiancé (who is from Ireland) has warned me that I might get catch some hell while I'm there, and I'd prefer to wear my feelings for W on my sleeve, as it were, so to avoid having to explain myself over and over again.

And sure enough, the US State Dept has the following warning on their website:

I've been looking on the internets (both of them) for a while now and can't seem to find the perfect one. I'm leaning toward this one, for simplicity's sake:

21017674v1_240x240_Front.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

http://www.thoseshirts.com/checap.html

Only to end up in a foreign jail cell.

:applause: That is something that I have been enjoying. Tons of people vote for him, and now they are screaming that he sucks. You are the one that voted for him, schmuck.

It's amusing to me.

:applause: That is something that I have been enjoying. Tons of people vote for him, and now they are screaming that he sucks. You are the one that voted for him, schmuck.

It's amusing to me.

Funny thing is.. I voted AGAINST him twice. (Well, once legally. The other one was a vote in HS :silly: ) I am glad to say though.. Atleast, NJ is smart enough, twice, to not pick the devil.

It's amusing to me.

Hey I'm one that voted for him, twice, and you know what I've actually repented of my vote, why? Because I've learned since then, and I'm not afraid to own up to my mistakes.

We feel foreigners are smart enough to figure out that when we put down Bush, we are saying that we disagree with him and his henchmen type poltics and not 'we hate our country'.

i agree. however, if they're smart enough to figure that out, they should be smart enough to know that if we love our country, it doesn't mean we love bush. there's really no need to advertise it either way, imo.

i agree. however, if they're smart enough to figure that out, they should be smart enough to know that if we love our country, it doesn't mean we love bush. there's really no need to advertise it either way, imo.

I'll agree with that - but then again, I wouldn't wear an anti-Bush shirt in Ireland.

Who in the hell cares what the Irish think? :whoknows:

It might be easier if you grew a pair and acted like a man. I gotta say this is one of the most chicken-**** threads I've ever read on ES.

I lived in Europe during the Clinton years... and as much as I disliked Clinton... I would defend him and our process to ANY European at the drop of a hat.

You know, there's a reason why western Europe is declining. Already second fiddle to Japan and Korea, it won't be long until Europe is lagging behind China... and is nothing more than a Disneyland for adult tourists who want to see nice architecture and drink good beer.

Hell, what am I saying... it's like that already.

Archived