Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking for a good Anti-Bush T-shirt for trip to Ireland

E-Dog Night

So you think when Chinese athletes come here they should act like everything is honkey dory over in that big communist pit? How about when Nelson Mandela was freed from prison after 27 years - think he should have kept his dislike of a corrupt government within South African boundaries?

there is a difference. if you care about America but are upset with the current government, you don't go out and about around the world and diss the government, its just wrong. now if you lived in the soviet union and were being starved and barely surviving and the entire country is failing you, then you have something to complain about. overall, America is still the greatest country in the world reguardless of who is currently at the helm, to go across and bad-mouth us just because you don't like the current administration is something i just see as dishonorable.

there is a difference. if you care about America but are upset with the current government, you don't go out and about around the world and diss the government, its just wrong. now if you lived in the soviet union and were being starved and barely surviving and the entire country is failing you, then you have something to complain about. overall, America is still the greatest country in the world reguardless of who is currently at the helm, to go across and bad-mouth us just because you don't like the current administration is something i just see as dishonorable.

Huh? The current administration does not equal the United States. There is a difference between government and country.

Would you stand behind our government ( in a foreign land) if you knew our government was committing great acts of evil?

see now THAT post is a little more enlightening than your previous post.

personally, i think that even though Bush and his administration are at the helm of our country, we are still the greatest country in the world. I dislike a lot of the things he's done (most, actually) but when it comes to going to foreign countries, you don't openly show your dislike for your country's leaders (if you like your country.) like Mass said (i still can't believe i'm actually refferring to one of his non-gun related posts positively), he might as well wear a shirt asking to become a member of their country.

Riiiight. Stalin was, at one point, the 'current administration' in Russia. Your logic is incredibly flawed because you are drawing an arbitrary line in the sand as to when an administration is deemed evil enough for citizens to complain about outside their own country. A lot of people feel the current administration has made enough of a mockery of our legal system to be openly mocked in any forum.

Riiiight. Stalin was, at one point, the 'current administration' in Russia. Your logic is incredibly flawed because you are drawing an arbitrary line in the sand as to when an administration is deemed evil enough for citizens to complain about outside their own country. A lot of people feel the current administration has made enough of a mockery of our legal system to be openly mocked in any forum.

and if they think it make america worse than any other country in the world, why don't they defect to another country? oh wait, i know why, because America is STILL the best country in the world even with our current administration. i truly do dislike our administration, but to equate it to stalin or hitler or any other regime like that is just ridiculous.

see now THAT post is a little more enlightening than your previous post.

personally, i think that even though Bush and his administration are at the helm of our country, we are still the greatest country in the world. I dislike a lot of the things he's done (most, actually) but when it comes to going to foreign countries, you don't openly show your dislike for your country's leaders (if you like your country.) like Mass said (i still can't believe i'm actually refferring to one of his non-gun related posts positively), he might as well wear a shirt asking to become a member of their country.

You didn't answer the question.

Once again the Bush administration does not equal the United States. A libertarian should understand the difference between country and government.

Poker - you're sounding like a good little Bush soldier in this thread. 'Shame, I always thought you did well thinking for yourself. :(

that's because you see my message as a pro-bush message when really i'm just asking that we keep American politics within America.

and if they think it make america worse than any other country in the world, why don't they defect to another country? oh wait, i know why, because America is STILL the best country in the world even with our current administration. i truly do dislike our administration, but to equate it to stalin or hitler or any other regime like that is just ridiculous.

This is starting to sound disturbingly Orwellian.

You didn't answer the question.

i'm sorry, I thought that was a rhetorical question. If i believed our country had become a country of great evil, I would more than likely revoke my membership to this country and move to canada or something like that. fortunately i don't have to worry about that because the American People will never let it get that far.

Once again the Bush administration does not equal the United States. A libertarian should understand the difference between country and government.

I agree that they are not one and the same, but as you leave the country, the line between the two begins to blur.

But you'd have no problem with a pro-Bush message I assume, correct?

i wouldn't say i'd have no problem with it, but i agree that i would have less of a problem because as i've been trying to say, as you leave the country the line between administration and country becomes blurred so a pro-administration statement also goes as pro-country while anti-administrations appears anti-country. but at the same time, i really do believe that American politics should stay in America.

i'm sorry, I thought that was a rhetorical question. If i believed our country had become a country of great evil, I would more than likely revoke my membership to this country and move to canada or something like that. fortunately i don't have to worry about that because the American People will never let it get that far.

Or you could just stay here and fight back. Do you support the Iraq war?

I agree that they are not one and the same, but as you leave the country, the line between the two begins to blur.[/

Rincewind is right, the Orwellian logic is a bit disturbing.

Or you could just stay here and fight back. Do you support the Iraq war?

As an isolationist, i do not support the Iraq war, but i also do not think it is an "evil" war. i would rather things turn out for the best there, but i'm not sure that can happen so long as the Iraqi people remain to affraid to help themselves. they need to step up and not let the terrorists intimidate them if they truly want their freedom.

and as someone unfamiliar with orwellian concepts, would one of you care to enlighten me?

i'd love to continue this debate, but i've got a hockey game to play, if you're still on tonight i'll probably be on.

edit: when you say "stay here and fight back", does that suggest that the country is still livable but only the foreign policy is evil? because if that is so then i would stand and fight, but i wouldn't go to other countries to denounce my own.

As an isolationist, i do not support the Iraq war, but i also do not think it is an "evil" war. i would rather things turn out for the best there, but i'm not sure that can happen so long as the Iraqi people remain to affraid to help themselves. they need to step up and not let the terrorists intimidate them if they truly want their freedom.

and as someone unfamiliar with orwellian concepts, would one of you care to enlighten me?

i'd love to continue this debate, but i've got a hockey game to play, if you're still on tonight i'll probably be on.

You're playing hockey at 10 at night?

P.s. - google 'ministry of truth'

edit: when you say "stay here and fight back", does that suggest that the country is still livable but only the foreign policy is evil? because if that is so then i would stand and fight, but i wouldn't go to other countries to denounce my own.

I think the issue here lies within the fact that some of us do not see Bush as the essence of this country. We feel foreigners are smart enough to figure out that when we put down Bush, we are saying that we disagree with him and his henchmen type poltics and not 'we hate our country'.

fortunately i don't have to worry about that because the American People will never let it get that far.

Don't be too quick to convince yourself of this, history has shown that any people group has the ability to perpetrate great malice, and this is especially so when they convince themselves that they are not vulnerable to such failings.

Archived