Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins sign CB Butler.

Art

Macklin and Butler at No. 3 and No. 4 is acceptable, but then we'd probably have more worries about No. 1 and No. 2.

That is what I meant... not worried about this signing, but worried about our overall CB situation.

IOW, yes this does help depth, but we won't be as good with Butler instead of Springs. If we have both, then fine... I just would've used the available money elsewhere, but that's just me.

[=SnyderMustGo] Macklin is not nearly as good as our fans are hyping him to be. He is spare at best. Nothing more than a #4 CB.

Isn't that what we signed him for? A #4.

That is NOT a good CB setup.

I don't see how you can make that proclomation. Makes us one of the deepest secondaries, if not THE deepest in the NFL.

this does seem like overkill. I kinda hope we get some good value for Springs if we trade him, at least a 3rd rounder. I guess that means we will not keep any young players. I hope Jimoh isn't cut cause that will suck.

Smoot, Rogers, Macklin, and Butler are locks to make the roster. That 5th spot is between Springs and Jimoh at this point.

I think you should apologize for not reading and understanding my point. Because I addressed this in my post when I said that there probably isn't anyone out there right now that could help the defensive line.

So, get off my nuts.

So, you had to make a point that it is bad we signed a player you don't think we needed because there are other spots we need more, in your view, and we didn't add them all the while actually thinking no one was available in the first place?

Two questions.

1. Why did you even speak?

2. When are you going to apologize for being a tool?

It gives us depth, but why aren't we trying to bring in more defensive linemen?

Cause there's no one better than who we have 8 down on the depth chart and there was someone better than who we had 5 down the chart at corner.

I never thought I'd see people asking why we'd sign a guy for depth when we have Ade Jimoh...

The apocalypse is truly upon us.

As for the signing, the team was interested in him a couple of years ago in restricted free agency. However, his signing does make you wonder about the Shawn Springs situation.

So, you had to make a point that it is bad we signed a player you don't think we needed because there are other spots we need more, in your view, and we didn't add them all the while actually thinking no one was available in the first place?

Again with your poor reading comprehension skills. I said the negative spin would be that there are other areas of need and that this position has been addressed to the point of overkill. I would like to see the defensive line addressed but there probably isn't anyone available.

You can get off your period at any time now, Art.

Again with your poor reading comprehension skills. I said the negative spin would be that there are other areas of need and that this position has been addressed to the point of overkill. I would like to see the defensive line addressed but there probably isn't anyone available.

You can get off your period at any time now, Art.

I read and understood, and I keep coming back to the point, you will spin this negatively because you feel Jimoh couldn't be improved upon, but the team should go out of its way to get rid of Monte, because we need someone on the defensive line, while suggesting there was no such person available.

So, again, I read and understood you don't like the move because you preferred another that you don't believe was possible. Why the urge to speak negatively when even you appreciate what you wanted wasn't possible?

To have guys who were recent starters in the league this far down the depth chart is very strange. While I do not predict this means a move of Springs is forthcoming, I will understand those who allow their minds to drift that way.

Yes, but if he was still unsigned up til now, he probably took the first job that came around. im sure he would take a 3rd or 4th spot if it ment having a job as apposed to no job.

I read and understood, and I keep coming back to the point, you will spin this negatively because you feel Jimoh couldn't be improved upon, but the team should go out of its way to get rid of Monte, because we need someone on the defensive line, while suggesting there was no such person available.

You still don't understand the point, and you are exhausting a lot of energy making an ass out of yourself attacking me when we made essentially the same point.

So, again, I read and understood you don't like the move because you preferred another that you don't believe was possible. Why the urge to speak negatively when even you appreciate what you wanted wasn't possible?

Art, you said that there couldn't be any negative spin from this. I said that the only negative spin would be that there are greater needs, but I immediately countered that by saying that there probably isn't anyone available that could help us on the defensive line.

That's when you went into PMS mode and began your usual personal attacks. You seriously need to get control over yourself.

I think this is a very strange move. A bit of overkill at the corner position considering we already signed Smoot and Macklin.

Only way it makes sense is if Springs is leaving.

Dude a team can NEVER have too much depth at a critical position like CB.... enough said

Its Also About Youth. Imagine If We Keep This Secondary For A Few Years Together.... Our Lbs Are Pretty Much Set.. We Can Revamp The D-line In The Draft And Free Agency.. The Longer They Play Together The More Trust The Build Etc.... We Our Getting It Right!!!

Yes, but if he was still unsigned up til now, he probably took the first job that came around. im sure he would take a 3rd or 4th spot if it ment having a job as apposed to no job.

Dude he was released like 2 days ago...we swept in as soon as we found out.

What are the odds that BWest hits the P-Squad for his first year as a pro? I know they like what they see, but can they expect him to make immediate contributions on the field as a undrafted Div III CB?

I think Springs / Smoot / Rogers / Macklin / Butler / Jimoh(ST) is pretty safe depth and not unheard of.

Archived