Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins sign CB Butler.

Art

I also think this is a bit strange. Jimoh is typically considered gold for his special teams. There are only five or so spots you can reasonably go with at this position. To have guys who were recent starters in the league this far down the depth chart is very strange. While I do not predict this means a move of Springs is forthcoming, I will understand those who allow their minds to drift that way.
I couldn't help but think that. Butler is definitely not shabby and like you mentioned, our depth chart is full of players that have started in this league before.

The Butler signing definitely makes it look like higher ups in the Redskins orginization are thinking that Springs is not where they want him health wise or that he may be leaving via trade or whatever else.

Worries me.

Possibilities:

1. Springs is leaving.

2. Springs isn't fully recovered.

3. Rogers actually does suck.

4. Smoot's problems in Minnesota were Smoot problems not Viking problems.

5. Coverage from the safeties isn't as good as we hoped.

6. Landry and Taylor are going to line up in the box on a regular basis.

7. He was cheap and will at least make the defense earn their jobs.

I hope it's only 6 and 7.

he probably didn't cost much. upgrades in talent also occur at the lower tiers of the depth chart. if they feel he was an upgrade over another competing backup player ...why not. sometimes improvement in talent comes incrementally. the important thing is to always look for ways to improve your talent and maintain team chemistry (provided it is good that is).

I concur with those who state that Springs is not going anywhere but this move is insurance against injuries and it affords the Skins to blitz in all of their packages.

It seems as if the defense is stocking up on DBs to reinforce the lack of another DE.

Worries me.

Possibilities:

1. Springs is leaving.

2. Springs isn't fully recovered.

3. Rogers actually does suck.

4. Smoot's problems in Minnesota were Smoot problems not Viking problems.

5. Coverage from the safeties isn't as good as we hoped.

6. Landry and Taylor are going to line up in the box on a regular basis.

7. He was cheap and will at least make the defense earn their jobs.

I hope it's only 6 and 7.

Are you always this positive and cheerful? :laugh: :silly:

Looks like this signing is a direct result of us playing the Patriots this season. I was a little worried before... but now that I know we have Jeremiahetrius Butler... well lets just say that Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, and Tom Brady are going to have a long day.
Were you being sarcastic?

Why is anyone surprised?

This staff signed him to an offer sheet when he was with the Rams. And I think his name came up later as part of a trade rumor. This staff clearly likes him, regardless of who else is on the roster.

Of course, the Skins are just a Shawn Springs injury away from this being hailed as a great move.

While I do not predict this means a move of Springs is forthcoming, I will understand those who allow their minds to drift that way.

Count me as one of those. Before this, I didn't think Springs was in doubt at all, but now this combined with Springs showing up late for OTAs and then immediately having to attend to a "personal matter" makes my mind drift that way.

Interesting.....

But you can never have too many CBs.

Hail,

H

Archived