Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kris Jenkins

TGibson810

I'm sorry, but how creditable is the OP? I mean, I live in Charlotte, what's to stop me from saying I know someone on the Panthers staff who tipped me off that Jenkins is unhappy and has mentioned returning home and would like to play for the Redskins.

Hell, Taylor didn't show up either because they are voluntary. Plain and simple. As much as I would love to have him aboard, I will believe it when I see it.

Exactly, plus there have been no mentions of us being interested in any article about obtaining Kris Jenkins. Time to move on.

I just talked to Kris' trainer at practice, and he said that Kris has dropped 12 pounds since he appeared in Carolina earlier this month. I will see Kris tomorrow and try to pick his brain without sounding too much like the star struck 'Skins fan. He just found a house down in the area where his wife and kids live, he REALLY wants to be here and be a redskin.

Keep us posted dude!

I hate stories like this, because people say, I know someone in the know, but generally, they are either

lying,

or they know someone who is lying and flapping their mouth

How about you give a name, It wouldn't backfire to hurt the guy.

Kris has stated before he hates washington? You never gave that an answer, just that he calls DC his home because of College?

More like, he's calling DC home because he wants to get a fat payday.

Sounds like we've got some real skeptics about this issue. I am taking my camera to my practice where Kris, and possibly Shawne Merriman, who is also trained by Star fitness here in Maryland, (go ahead and look that up), have told their trainer that they are coming by today. So I will talk to Kris myself and try to get the scoop. I don't know how much he will talk to me because I'm not a reporter and I don't have credentials, but as having a close mutual friend, maybe he will shed some light unto the comments made over 6 years ago, and where his mindset is now.

Sounds like we've got some real skeptics about this issue. I am taking my camera to my practice where Kris, and possibly Shawne Merriman, who is also trained by Star fitness here in Maryland, (go ahead and look that up), have told their trainer that they are coming by today. So I will talk to Kris myself and try to get the scoop. I don't know how much he will talk to me because I'm not a reporter and I don't have credentials, but as having a close mutual friend, maybe he will shed some light unto the comments made over 6 years ago, and where his mindset is now.

I think Kris made some comments in college because his team didn't get coverage in the area because of the skins and he said he hated them. Also when in Carolina like 5 years ago. Big whoop. If he wants to come here he just may. Also I seem to remember quite a few threads like this where the poster was bashed only to have them come true and like maybe a half dozen people apologized. So hopefully you are telling the truth and please find out what you can. Maybe the picks would shut the doubters up. At the least they will help shed some light on his conditioning. Thanks for the info.

If you have anything more credible that you do not want to share for privacy reasons, PM a mod with the info, that's how people are usually found out. I really don't have any doubt to believe you, and I hope you are right. Some people have just come up with crazy rumors and you have to realize that there are thousands of people frequenting this site who have nothing better to do and like to think themselves high for downing someone else.

I'm pretty sure he made some comments about hating the skins just last year before the Redskins,Panther game.

If you have anything more credible that you do not want to share for privacy reasons, PM a mod with the info, that's how people are usually found out. I really don't have any doubt to believe you, and I hope you are right. Some people have just come up with crazy rumors and you have to realize that there are thousands of people frequenting this site who have nothing better to do and like to think themselves high for downing someone else.

I hope you don't take this wrong, but I think that far fetched. This is a message board, not the AP. A message board where things are discussed and such and cred's aren't needed to enter or post.

People can read these type of threads if they choose to or not. One can walk away at anytime and either 1) Believe them 2) Disregard them

I think having to prove yourself for a message board is plain ol silly.

Don't overpay is all I can say. Overweight, against the team, even being available are clearly things to be concerned about. But if those all pass inspection, then go after him. Just don't overpay in terms of future picks or in terms of sacrificing too much caproom to what I'd call a risky player.

I am close to Kris Jenkins' trainer. (He also trains Brian Westbrook amongst other NFL players). He said that Kris Jenkins is working hard this offseason and desperately wants to be a Redskin. I asked him what about the stuff he said when he was at Maryland, and he reassured me that he is working hard to get back into top shape. This IS where Kris calls home since college. He said that if the Panthers let him go, his next stop will in Washington. And this is from a VERY reliable source, who is actually a Cowboys fan, and a good friend with no reason to put me on.

why would he want to be a redskin? I recall everyone saying that he hates the skins

One problem with waiting for him to be released is that he becomes a free agent and goes to the highest bidder... If you want him, make a reasonable offer (nothing crazy, but do make the offer). You may get him more cheaply if you offer up a 2nd day pick or two (maybe a contingency pick in '08 like we did with the Duckett deal) and then sign him to an extension.

I hope we wait for him to be released....and not do the MB thing again....2 days before he is released we get him for a 2nd rounder and a huge contract that hurts us for years and stops us from releasing him when we need the space to sign DL and OL players and we are at his whim to wait for him to retire even after his usefulness is past.

What is the report? I admit I am a huge skeptic seeing he said just last year he hated the skins. Your friend gave you bad info huh?

Archived