Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kris Jenkins

TGibson810

I am close to Kris Jenkins' trainer. (He also trains Brian Westbrook amongst other NFL players). He said that Kris Jenkins is working hard this offseason and desperately wants to be a Redskin. I asked him what about the stuff he said when he was at Maryland, and he reassured me that he is working hard to get back into top shape. This IS where Kris calls home since college. He said that if the Panthers let him go, his next stop will in Washington. And this is from a VERY reliable source, who is actually a Cowboys fan, and a good friend with no reason to put me on.

except that he's been eating donuts for breakfast, lunch and dinner lately

Actually that's where you are wrong, he's in close to the best shape of his career. I do know that for a fact. I will actually see Kris friday evening at a local football practice. I will definitely get more first hand info then.

im not sure how id feel about the move. clearly, dt is among our most glaring needs. however, and im not saying i dont believe you, but jenkins is on record as saying he hates the redskins. also, im not convinced the panthers will just release him if he stays away from camp long enough.

i think id say no even to a 5th or 3rd round pick (keeping into consideration that we do not have a 4th next year). would he be worth one of those? possibly...hell, probably. but, after these past years, the FO just has to say that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - NO MORE DRAFT PICK TRADES FOR A BIT. even if the offer is appealing, wej ust have to sit tight. im pleased with how things have gone this offseason, but im not pleased that, because of previous offseasons, we got only one immediate contributer out of the draft instead of 2-3.

tgijef

Andre Carter, Kris Jenkins, Cornelius Griffin, Philip Daniels, Marcus Washington, London Fletcher, Rocky McIntosh, Shawn Springs, Fred Smoot, Sean Taylor, Laron Landry

Good god, that's a scary base 4-3. Our dime would be:

Andre Carter, Cornelius Griffin or Kris Jenkins, Philip Daniels, Marcus Washington, Rocky McIntosh, Shawn Springs, Fred Smoot, Carlos Rogers, David Macklin, Sean Taylor, Laron Landry

Nasty against the run plus nasty against the pass = nasty.

Seriously - the fatter the better. Griffin needs exactly this - a big fat body to line up next to. Good god this would make our defense SCARY if they stay healthy.

if we got kris jenkins to man the middle and command double teams, andre carter as a pass rusher, daniels to stop the run, if one of these kids in practice steps up and can be a solid 3rd down rusher, our defense looks waaaaaaaay better. i might finally have some faith if we sign this guy.

if we got kris jenkins to man the middle and command double teams, andre carter as a pass rusher, daniels to stop the run, if one of these kids in practice steps up and can be a solid 3rd down rusher, our defense looks waaaaaaaay better. i might finally have some faith if we sign this guy.

I agree with you that would def make some of my D worries disappear.

Why not take a shot with this guy it cant hurt. He is proven in todays NFL and IF healthy could make our defense a top 5 in a heart beat, he would keep O-lineman off our linebackers and free up everyone to make plays, I am all for it and would be quite happy if this happened. I wouldnt mind paying this guy a little money if he is in really good shape.... Just have to wait and see I guess.

Actually that's where you are wrong, he's in close to the best shape of his career. I do know that for a fact. I will actually see Kris friday evening at a local football practice. I will definitely get more first hand info then.

well, let me know when you see him, but its widely reported that he's fat as hell this summer and that he's well over 400 now.

speculation is even there that he skipped panthers OTA's b/c he was so out of shape

well, let me know when you see him, but its widely reported that he's fat as hell this summer and that he's well over 400 now.

speculation is even there that he skipped panthers OTA's b/c he was so out of shape

Will do, I will definitely report back. I will try to get his current weight from his trainer tonight. I will hopefully get more information without prying too deep. I think that this could be huge, they are even reporting in Carolina that Maryland is indeed Jenkins' home, where he is training hard. http://www.gastongazette.com/onset?id=5285&template=article.html

Archived