Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kris Jenkins

TGibson810

well, let me know when you see him, but its widely reported that he's fat as hell this summer and that he's well over 400 now.

speculation is even there that he skipped panthers OTA's b/c he was so out of shape

I'm not saying that you haven't seen/heard these things about Kris, but since these things are "widely reported," I just thought that I would have caught at least a piece of that news.

Where are you hearing this stuff?

What was the clip all about???

Well it was mainly about him not showing up to the OTAs. Then they commented on how he was trying really hard to get back in shape etc but they said that he was doing this in Maryland. At that point he said that maybe the Redskins will be interested in picking him up...

I'm not sure of Kris Jenkins trainer's unbiased opinion, but he is NOT in shape presently according to others that cover the Panthers. The media that have been watching him his whole career down here have stated numerous times on radio shows and such that he looks well above his playing weight that he had back when he was playing at a Pro Bowl level TWO years ago.

This past year when he was on the field in most of the games I watched since that is all they play here, he was still nowhere near the player he was two years ago either. A healthy Kris Jenkins would be an improvement on our line but if he was healthy, is in shape, or wasn't "done", I doubt the Panthers would let him go.

If the Panthers release him, any team picking him up will get a stop gap injury prone player. If the Redskins were silly enough to give the Panthers anything for him, they would just be paying us back for Sean Gilbert.

I'm not sure of Kris Jenkins trainer's unbiased opinion, but he is NOT in shape presently according to others that cover the Panthers. The media that have been watching him his whole career down here have stated numerous times on radio shows and such that he looks well above his playing weight that he had back when he was playing at a Pro Bowl level TWO years ago.

This past year when he was on the field in most of the games I watched since that is all they play here, he was still nowhere near the player he was two years ago either. A healthy Kris Jenkins would be an improvement on our line but if he was healthy, is in shape, or wasn't "done", I doubt the Panthers would let him go.

If the Panthers release him, any team picking him up will get a stop gap injury prone player. If the Redskins were silly enough to give the Panthers anything for him, they would just be paying us back for Sean Gilbert.

While Kris is working out in Maryland, all of the Panther beat writers are in... Carolina! Of course they haven't seen him, they are going on assupmtions. They assume that since he's not at OTA's, that he's not working out. There are skeptics out there, but this guy is big and is extremely productive when healthy, which he was last season.

Any particular reason, Art, or just a gut feeling? Thanks.

Just a gut. You don't bad mouth our team as he has then desperately want to come here for any reason beyond thinking you will get HUGE cash. I'd be very surprised if we break the bank for him. He won't even make what Griffin got three years ago.

While Kris is working out in Maryland, all of the Panther beat writers are in... Carolina! Of course they haven't seen him, they are going on assupmtions. They assume that since he's not at OTA's, that he's not working out. There are skeptics out there, but this guy is big and is extremely productive when healthy, which he was last season.

Yea, they are just guessing. Or maybe they are stating from what they saw when he was HERE on May 4th 3 day closed mini-camp. But hey I will give Kris some credit, maybe he did get in game shape in less than a month.

And he was healthy last season, but definitely wasn't playing in the backfield like he did two and three years ago when he was a terror in the middle.

The thought of getting a beast at DT is awesome, but I'm not sold on his level of play anymore after his injuries, I'm not sold on his heart either. I wouldn't trade a 3rd rd pick for him, maybe a 5th. I would also give him a short contract and see what he can do before we give him all the guarenteed money he probably wants.

TI believe the Panthers have the players to release him, so I wouldn't be suprised if he was released. I always kind of liked him, but I don't know how much I want him here. I'm not big on signing Sam Adams either, but I think I would prefer him.

I am close to Kris Jenkins' trainer. (He also trains Brian Westbrook amongst other NFL players). He said that Kris Jenkins is working hard this offseason and desperately wants to be a Redskin. I asked him what about the stuff he said when he was at Maryland, and he reassured me that he is working hard to get back into top shape. This IS where Kris calls home since college. He said that if the Panthers let him go, his next stop will in Washington. And this is from a VERY reliable source, who is actually a Cowboys fan, and a good friend with no reason to put me on.

I really want to believe you. I'd love for it to happen, as long as no draft picks are involved.

I am close to Kris Jenkins' trainer. (He also trains Brian Westbrook amongst other NFL players). He said that Kris Jenkins is working hard this offseason and desperately wants to be a Redskin. I asked him what about the stuff he said when he was at Maryland, and he reassured me that he is working hard to get back into top shape. This IS where Kris calls home since college. He said that if the Panthers let him go, his next stop will in Washington. And this is from a VERY reliable source, who is actually a Cowboys fan, and a good friend with no reason to put me on.

Your source never answered Jenkins' distain for the Skins. Or did he?

I have no problems with Jenkins being a Redskin as long as he states his reason for making that disliking us remark.

i hope he weighs 484. we need a fatty in there. and the guys a probowler with skill. its not hard to drop weight at that size.

yea maybe if he is 500lbs he cancover both a gaps and be a two gap just by getting into his stance and not moving...would definately let LFB make plays!

:applause: :applause:

heck at that weight he would be a phatskin by default!!:D

You mean he's working hard at the buffet line. I heard he came to camp at 384. Um, no we don't need another "Dinner Bell Mel" Turpin or John "Hot Plate" Williams after the Dana Stubblefield fiasco.

Archived