Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kris Jenkins

TGibson810

I'm not saying that you haven't seen/heard these things about Kris, but since these things are "widely reported," I just thought that I would have caught at least a piece of that news.

Where are you hearing this stuff?

here's the latest report i have seen on him after doing a 30 second search on the internet:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2887754

This one has a bad vibe to it - not sure why, but it just does.

1. If Jenkins really says he hates the 'Skins, and now wants to play here, that tells me he is looking for a payday. You don't change stripes that easily (without proper motivation). I dunno, maybe Danny Deeppockets may be all the motivation he needs.

2. Too many rumors of him being way out of shape. There has to be some truth to it. Latest report has him at 384 (vs. 335 on Panthers website). 50 lbs. is still 50 lbs., even for a big man.

3. He's been hurt the last 2 years. Does he still have the desire to get in shape and return to pro-bowl form?

4. He is still the property of the Panthers, and they're gonna want something in return. If they are convinced he is done as a pro, they'll try to get all they can, but it may not be too high (3, maybe a 4). But, if they are convinced he can return to be the force he was, why would they even get rid of him? If they do, they're gonna want at least a 2, and maybe a 1.

This has been a decent offseason in terms of trying to right the ship by not overspending for free agents that can't contribute or are looking for a payday, and mortgaging future drafts. While there is always risk associated with trades and free agents, there just seems to be more risk than usual in this case, unless we can get him for next to nothing.

3. He's been hurt the last 2 years. Does he still have the desire to get in shape and return to pro-bowl form?

Not sure, actually I am sure, but didn't Kris Jenkins make the Pro Bowl in 2006, as a starter? C'mon now, he's bounced back in '06 by starting EVERY GAME.

Can someone provide some proof that he said he hated the skins? I keep hearing this but never seen proof...I vaguely remember something but it seemed like it was from a fan perspective. BTW...I've hated the cowgirls my whole life but if my son gets drafted by them I will be a cowgirls fan....except for 2 games out of the year.

here's the latest report i have seen on him after doing a 30 second search on the internet:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2887754

Thanks.

BTW, your sarcasm was well received, just not necessary. I was asking about the different stories that you had heard about Jenkins (like him weighing over 400 lbs.) And the link that you provided still didn't substantiate those reports that you spoke of.

I don't know... We do desperately need help along the DL, but a few things just don't add up.

Like other's, I'm concerned that the "hate" the Redskins and then want to be here is just an indication of wanting a big, irrational (like we're famous for) payday.

But here is what really nags at me: Teams don't part ways with good, young DT's that can play in this league. They just don't. They are too hard to come by... so if Carolina is willing to let Jenkins go for not much, then they likely don't think he can play that well anymore. They likely think, even with motivation and weight loss, he probably won't be a pro bowler again. Like I said... teams don't get rid of young, pro bowl DL.

However, they do get rid of players who are making way too much according to their production and players that are a detrement to their team. So, if the Panthers are willing to let him go for not too much, then unless he's willing to play for little money (which he won't be), we'll probably be overpaying for his services.

If he can still play though, then he's likely worth the money. If he can still play though, the Panthers won't be willing to part with him for less than a premium draft pick... something that I don't want to see our club part ways with any more. Maybe if we were close to going all the way... but we're not.

So, IMO, it's a bit of a catch 22. Either get him for not much and get not much in return (yet still overpay for him)... or give up a lot and not be sure what we will get out of him.

IOW, I don't hold out a lot of hope for this acquisition. That's just me though.

Not sure, actually I am sure, but didn't Kris Jenkins make the Pro Bowl in 2006, as a starter? C'mon now, he's bounced back in '06 by starting EVERY GAME.

You're right - my bad. I meant to say he was hurt the couple of years previously (12 games missed 2004 with shoulder problem, 15 games missed 2005 with torn ACL). He did return to be a pro bowl player last year, although maybe it was a surprise pick to some (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2887754). I have no opinion on that either way because frankly I had no reason to pay any attention to his performance last year.

Bottom line...

...if he's healthy

...if he's motivated to play

...if he really wants to be here

...if he can be had for a reasonable price

then it makes sense to go after him.

Kris Jenkins stated a long time ago that he hates the redskins. When stephen davis went over to them and we had to play them, he said he cant waite to play the redskins becuase he hates there guts. Also check this out, he said that he hates them becuase he is from the washington area. Somthing about when he was in college his friends were skins fans.

Jenkins a no-show for first practice

By Darin Gantt · The Herald

Updated 05/31/07 - 1:08 AM

CHARLOTTE -- Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Kris Jenkins wasn't happy about his name being linked to trade rumors all spring, or that his hope for a new contract has yet to be fulfilled.

But according to his agent, that's not why he was one of just two players to miss the opening day of the team's summer school. Agent Tony Paige said Wednesday Jenkins was "attending to some personal family business," and held out some degree of hope his client might arrive in Charlotte before the end of the three-week session.

Paige also said talks with the Panthers toward a pay raise for the three-time Pro Bowler were "continuous and ongoing," saying he was "optimistic" a new pact could be reached.

"But him not being there has nothing to do with that," Paige said. "Absolutely nothing."

Perhaps not, but during the whirlwind last two months, anything has seemed possible regarding Jenkins.

The saga began in March, when a number of teams asked the Panthers if he was available. According to multiple league sources, those inquiries coincided with his request for a raise. When the talks came to light, the Panthers insisted they weren't giving him away. The price they set for him was a first-round pick in this year's draft, and they had several opportunities to take lower picks but passed...........

Actually that's where you are wrong, he's in close to the best shape of his career. I do know that for a fact. I will actually see Kris friday evening at a local football practice. I will definitely get more first hand info then.

Kris seems to have gotten his career back on track. My initial reaction to him being mentioned as an answer for us at DT was not a welcomed plan but after I visited his webb site I have a different opinion of him, both as a person and player.

I think he would fit in with us without a problem.

I just talked to Kris' trainer at practice, and he said that Kris has dropped 12 pounds since he appeared in Carolina earlier this month. I will see Kris tomorrow and try to pick his brain without sounding too much like the star struck 'Skins fan. He just found a house down in the area where his wife and kids live, he REALLY wants to be here and be a redskin.

I just talked to Kris' trainer at practice, and he said that Kris has dropped 12 pounds since he appeared in Carolina earlier this month. I will see Kris tomorrow and try to pick his brain without sounding too much like the star struck 'Skins fan. He just found a house down in the area where his wife and kids live, he REALLY wants to be here and be a redskin.

RuhRoh!

Sounds like this maybe something....

Sounds like he is on a mission. Thanks for the info TGibson810. As soon as you pick his brain let us know. :)

I am close to Kris Jenkins' trainer. (He also trains Brian Westbrook amongst other NFL players). He said that Kris Jenkins is working hard this offseason and desperately wants to be a Redskin. I asked him what about the stuff he said when he was at Maryland, and he reassured me that he is working hard to get back into top shape. This IS where Kris calls home since college. He said that if the Panthers let him go, his next stop will in Washington. And this is from a VERY reliable source, who is actually a Cowboys fan, and a good friend with no reason to put me on.

I hate stories like this, because people say, I know someone in the know, but generally, they are either

lying,

or they know someone who is lying and flapping their mouth

How about you give a name, It wouldn't backfire to hurt the guy.

Kris has stated before he hates washington? You never gave that an answer, just that he calls DC his home because of College?

More like, he's calling DC home because he wants to get a fat payday.

I am close to Kris Jenkins' trainer. (He also trains Brian Westbrook amongst other NFL players). He said that Kris Jenkins is working hard this offseason and desperately wants to be a Redskin. I asked him what about the stuff he said when he was at Maryland, and he reassured me that he is working hard to get back into top shape. This IS where Kris calls home since college. He said that if the Panthers let him go, his next stop will in Washington. And this is from a VERY reliable source, who is actually a Cowboys fan, and a good friend with no reason to put me on.

It sounds like your friend, the Cowboys fan, is f**king with you.

I'm sorry, but how creditable is the OP? I mean, I live in Charlotte, what's to stop me from saying I know someone on the Panthers staff who tipped me off that Jenkins is unhappy and has mentioned returning home and would like to play for the Redskins.

Hell, Taylor didn't show up either because they are voluntary. Plain and simple. As much as I would love to have him aboard, I will believe it when I see it.

I am not trying to blast you, but in order to make the "rumor" more creditable, you have to give us more than I know his agent or trainer, or mother, etc.

Archived