Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Betts

2006Skins

']Having two good RB's is a luxury you don't give up. You have to figure Portis will probably miss at least a game or two. Why give up the kind of insurance the Skins have? And Betts could ease the burden on Portis even if he doesn't get hurt.

Skins fans read this OVER and OVER! Tell it to your friends, your friends' friends. Your cousin's third aunt's niece's third brother's friends! And anyone else who in the next few months is determined to propose trading either one of our RBs on this messageboard!

Why the heck would we trade one of the best back-up RBs in the league? We want to win the Super Bowl, not the "King of Trades" Championship.

I'm going to the Tailgate, these are ridiculous threads.[/Quote]

If a team offered you a pass rushing DE for Betts and a mid round pick, you wouldn't even entertain the thought?

']If a team offered you a pass rushing DE for Betts and a mid round pick' date=' you wouldn't even entertain the thought?[/quote']

Yea sure if the player was Julius Peppers. But Betts would never merit that. What he would merit is an Andre Carter typle player or worse, which is what we have already. And even if we upgraded our line if Portis were to go down again it would all be for nothing with Rock Cartwright as our starting tailback.

']If a team offered you a pass rushing DE for Betts and a mid round pick' date=' you wouldn't even entertain the thought?[/quote']Betts for Kampman would work for me. We would probally have to drop a 3rd or 5th to make it happen. Tennesse also needs help in the back field. I doubt we would grab Haynesworth and I don't see them giving up Van Den Bosch. So with that being said....

Does anybody know what the problem with the idea of trading Betts is? He has no value as trade bait. Did anyone hear talks of Betts while we heard constant Turner talks? NO. His only value is a back up running back for the Washington Redskins. Thats it. We have Blaylock and Rock now. Portis is one of the top backs in the league, so you don't trade him or sit him unless you have to. Betts role next year will be the same role it was before when Portis was healthy, damn near none! We have obvious possitions that could use an upgrade and a FO that loves to trade, I wonder why they havn't.

Now maybe if we also threw in SS to the mix, it could become something. Then I could definitly see Tennessee showing some interest. Maybe SS for Schobel and Betts and a 3rd for Kampman.

With all of this talks about people wanting to trade Portis I was wondering what the thoughts are for those who wish to keep CP. Do we shop Betts and see what he is worth? I think right now would be a great time to trade Betts because his stock is so high. He could start for half the teams out there because he is a waste of cap space backing up CP for his salary.

We did just sign him to an extended contract and to my knowledge he hasn't said stupid and embarrasing things to the media like CP has. In my opinion anyone that thinks that it's OK to torture animals is an ###hole and shouldn't be given any respect at all. So my take is trade CP instead because he shoots his mouth off and isn't the Redskin player fans can be proud of anyway.

Coz

Betts has never broken over a 30 yeard gain in his career. EVER!...I do agree he is a GREAT back-up the numbers and the wins don't lie. When Portis goes over 100 we win games, not so much with betts. Portis doesn't fumble in clutch times, Betts does.

Betts has shown he has improved as our back-up and has shown if our starter goes down he can come in and fill that position 75% and that's great for a back-up playing for a injured starter.. that being said, portis is the real deal, he may not be as flashy as LT or whatever but portis gets the job done and he goes everything better then betts.

thank you come again..

Portis isn't as flashy as LT??? Are you referring to Portis the guy who had a replica Heavyweight Championship belt with him on the sideline while he was in Kansas City? Or the Portis who dresses up in costume for most press conferences? Southeast Jerome ring a bell? The Portis who complained about playing in pre-season games after he got hurt in one? Or the Portis who said leave Vick alone...let him fight dogs!

I think Portis is a great back, too. He's got breakaway speed, is a good blocker, and runs tough for a guy his size. But c'mon, not as flashy as LT? The guy who's more apt to hand a football to the ref after scoring a TD then celebrating.

Betts is the Skins "Tiki Barber" ... forget CP ... he will be gone soon.

You're right. Betts has shown for years that he is a great rb while CP has shown no consistency (sarcasm)

CP is by far the better back just look at the stats.

I just saw this comment right now..

Well... let's see here Flexx. The fact that I typed that post in that manner.. It should have been obvious that the post was sarcastic. When have you seen me post anything with Z's at the end instead of S's? Well.. apparently, not everyone uses their smarts every second of their lives so, I guess I should give you a pass for being..

what do you call it..

I know it has something to do with IQ.. hmm

Oh yeah!!

dumb.jpg

:D

Here is a helpful tip:

To "get it," your mind must go in an unexpected direction as well. In other words, creating or understanding humor is essentially a process, and a practice of lateral thinking. (Lateral thinking is a way of attacking problems from other angles, as opposed to the more traditional linear and logical ways. ) Doesn't it seem likely that if you exercise your mind in this way, you will also have more ability to think "outside the box"?

Hmm, guess I must have struck a nerve. And just like your typical juvenile, nerdy, repressed type geek; the half ass name calling starts. Complete with attached images no less. :laugh:

Lets clear one thing up young buc, you obviously place way too much importance on yourself here to think that I would begin to even know/care who the hell you are. Let alone whether or not you place z's at the end of your words instead of s's. Just because you obviously spend most of your life here and have accumulated double the amount of posts of most fans that became members in 05, doesn't exactly make you a famous Amos.:doh:

In closing, I'd just like to say that I'm sure that you are very proud of yourself in that you got to pummel me with your snappy come back, the name calling and oh yeah, the lateral thinking BS that you probably picked up from a Star Trek episode.

It's sad that you chose to take my quote to this level. But instead of moving "lateral" :laugh: with this and taking up any more space here in the Stadium, I suggest a horizontal move and step this thing up if you feel it necessary to take this any further. In other words, pm me son. If not, I won't be responding here again, but it's been real. :applause:

Oh yeah, we can't trade Betts! :2cents:

Portis isn't as flashy as LT??? Are you referring to Portis the guy who had a replica Heavyweight Championship belt with him on the sideline while he was in Kansas City? Or the Portis who dresses up in costume for most press conferences? Southeast Jerome ring a bell? The Portis who complained about playing in pre-season games after he got hurt in one? Or the Portis who said leave Vick alone...let him fight dogs!

I think Portis is a great back, too. He's got breakaway speed, is a good blocker, and runs tough for a guy his size. But c'mon, not as flashy as LT? The guy who's more apt to hand a football to the ref after scoring a TD then celebrating.

I think by flashy, he meant, everyone isn't on his balls. It's like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, they are exceptionally great, HoFers for sure, but last year, if a RB was in the news, 9 out of ten times it was LT.

It's sad that you chose to take my quote to this level. But instead of moving "lateral" :laugh: with this and taking up any more space here in the Stadium, I suggest a horizontal move and step this thing up if you feel it necessary to take this any further. In other words, pm me son. If not, I won't be responding here again, but it's been real. :applause:

Oh yeah, we can't trade Betts! :2cents:

:jerk:

PM sent, Suzy. :rolleyes:

With all of this talks about people wanting to trade Portis I was wondering what the thoughts are for those who wish to keep CP. Do we shop Betts and see what he is worth? I think right now would be a great time to trade Betts because his stock is so high. He could start for half the teams out there because he is a waste of cap space backing up CP for his salary.

:banhim: Jk...I think that threat is used way too often around here. But honestly, this is a bad thread. Betts just signed a brand new contract and CP is coming off of a couple serious injuries.

Wow!! You guys really get after eachother here huh?!! I'm exited to get my feet wet! QUOTE]

No, PRAISEGIBBS is just a young punk that doesnt know the meaning of the word respect. Most of us have the maturity to refrain from name calling. In time, you'll learn who's posts to skim right over and who actually bring good debate.

Welcome.

Let keep Betts and trade you.

To Dallas.

For a Cheerleader.

:D

Wow!! You guys really get after eachother here huh?!! I'm exited to get my feet wet! QUOTE]

No, PRAISEGIBBS is just a young punk that doesnt know the meaning of the word respect. Most of us have the maturity to refrain from name calling. In time, you'll learn who's posts to skim right over and who actually bring good debate.

Welcome.

Welcome! :wave:

middle_finger.jpg

I guess you want to fight too? :rotflmao: :laugh:

Gotta love the internets. :D

Right Flexx? :)

Archived