Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Betts

2006Skins

There is no reason to trade Betts, the draft is over, and for what a DE, the coaches say we have the guys, then believe them. Betts is our solid #2, if not a #1, plus we really won't know where Portis is at until the pads get on. So don't trade away the season before it starts.

With all of this talks about people wanting to trade Portis I was wondering what the thoughts are for those who wish to keep CP. Do we shop Betts and see what he is worth? I think right now would be a great time to trade Betts because his stock is so high. He could start for half the teams out there because he is a waste of cap space backing up CP for his salary.

If you had asked this question prior to Betts making a great showing of himself, I would have gladly traded him even though at the time his value was not as good as it is now. I never have been a Betts fan. But, my question is has Betts finally figured out how to succeed at this level?

Keeping Betts is a plus now due to the fact that he fits in this offensive scheme of Saunders.

2006Skins]With all of this talks about people wanting to trade Portis I was wondering what the thoughts are for those who wish to keep CP. Do we shop Betts and see what he is worth? I think right now would be a great time to trade Betts because his stock is so high. He could start for half the teams out there because he is a waste of cap space backing up CP for his salary[/i].

Noooooooooo! We have a great two back system. Why kill it. Betts tore it up last year when Portis was hurt. Heavens for bid if Portis goes down again. I'm sorry, please nix the idea.:2cents:

S.T.21 will eat you alive]Dear god, Can you people please go a day without starting a thread about trading someone? What will we accomplish by trading a GREAT backup back who is costing like less than $2 mil per year? Besides, god forbid something else happens to portis do you think we can get someone half as good as Betts for for that cheap? Remember when we tried that with Duckett, we all know how that went. We have a great starter, overrated or not and a proven backup who can pick up right away. Now lets try as hard as we can to break up the backfield:doh:[/i].

AMEN!

With all of this talks about people wanting to trade Portis I was wondering what the thoughts are for those who wish to keep CP. Do we shop Betts and see what he is worth? I think right now would be a great time to trade Betts because his stock is so high. He could start for half the teams out there because he is a waste of cap space backing up CP for his salary.

Nope, don't trade him. A 1-2 punch is too valuable. It'll open up the passing game for JC if teams have to keep 8 in the box because our running game is so potent.

All this trade Betts or Portis talk I think really comes down to two things:

One, should the Redskins actively seek to trade either?

And two, should the Redskins listen to offers for either?

I think there are very few who fall into the extremes of either trade Betts or Portis regardless OR don't trade either no matter what the offer.

For me, I don't think the Redskins should actively seek to trade either of them, but I would listen to offers. If someone knocked their socks off with an offer that could improve the team, then you make the trade, regardless of whether it's Betts or Portis.

I don't think the Redskins should seek a trade for Betts or Portis, but I think they should listen if an offer is made.

Hail,

H

What a "rediculous" suggestion. How could anyone even submit to that train of thought?

Betts had the "best year" of his pro career last year, WHY? because he saw more playing time and don't forget, he stepped it up during a very crucial time because of Portis" injury. While his "stock" was up, he eagerly re-signed with us and he didn't entertain any offers from other teams.

"That's the kind of player I want on my team" !!! :)

The discussion should not be Betts vs Portis here. It has been stated many times that CP is the starter without question. I really don't think we'll go with a 2back system next season either, Ladell's carries might increase a bit, but we'll still run CP primarily and have Ladell be the spell and the 3rd down back. (IMO)

The question should be if Ladell is now expendable that we signed Derrick Blaylock, whom Al is familiar with and who is an excellent 3rd down back adept at catching the ball out of the backfield. If his foot is fully healed this season then maybe we'd pull the trigger on a team interested in Ladell.

Not sure I like the idea of going into the season with CP coming off his shoulder injury and Blaylock coming off his broken foot though.

Your post is EXTREMELEY foolish. But why have it any other way? This is extreme skins. I am calling you out on the 20 NFL starters that hung up their cleats from tendonitis... ready... set...

GO!

I see you are from New York, so your difficulty in using google search is understandable.

I am not going to waste my time because you are either lazy or illiterate.

Here is one I will provide for you.....then please elaborate and tell us how tendonitis in the NFL isn't any cause for concern.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=24279

5 years $11 million. Portis' is 8 years $50.5 million.

Maybe we should trade CP since he's costing our FO so much. :doh:

You're a fool if you don't think CP is worth every dollar we've spent on him.

He carried our offense through that five game win streak. If we had Betts at the helm the whole time, we would have competed in every game he started, but lost in the end because he couldn't punch it in or he fumbled late.

Betts is worth trading, because he has enough upside to become a starter elsewhere. If we traded Portis, we'd be trading the best offensive player this team has had this entire decade (so far.)

That said, keep Betts. He'll make a hell of a back up. If he can chalk up 200+ yards against the Eagles, we should let him run half the drive, than bench him inside the twenty.

]']You're a fool if you don't think CP is worth every dollar we've spent on him.

He carried our offense through that five game win streak. If we had Betts at the helm the whole time' date=' we would have competed in every game he started, but lost in the end because he couldn't punch it in or he fumbled late.

Betts is worth trading, because he has enough upside to become a starter elsewhere. If we traded Portis, we'd be trading the best offensive player this team has had this entire decade (so far.)

That said, keep Betts. He'll make a hell of a back up. If he can chalk up 200+ yards against the Eagles, we should let him run half the drive, than bench him inside the twenty.[/quote']I do believe that. The sarcasm mustn't have been that noticable. ;)

We just signed a huge contract this offseason with him.

funny how betts signs a 10 mil contract and people bring up the cap

but when we talk about trading portis its like the 8 year 50 mil deal never happened:laugh:

I just saw this comment right now..

:laugh: You are kidding, right? Please tell me you are kidding. You charged in on your white horse in a Portis thread earlier, pitying peoples lives for making the same type of comments that you made above.

Aren't those your words praise? Being a bit hypercritical, aren't you?

Well... let's see here Flexx. The fact that I typed that post in that manner.. It should have been obvious that the post was sarcastic. When have you seen me post anything with Z's at the end instead of S's? Well.. apparently, not everyone uses their smarts every second of their lives so, I guess I should give you a pass for being..

what do you call it..

I know it has something to do with IQ.. hmm

Oh yeah!!

dumb.jpg

:D

Here is a helpful tip:

To "get it," your mind must go in an unexpected direction as well. In other words, creating or understanding humor is essentially a process, and a practice of lateral thinking. (Lateral thinking is a way of attacking problems from other angles, as opposed to the more traditional linear and logical ways. ) Doesn't it seem likely that if you exercise your mind in this way, you will also have more ability to think "outside the box"?

Wow!! You guys really get after eachother here huh?!! I'm exited to get my feet wet! I think Portis and Betts are too valueble to trade either one. Portis is by far a better back, Betts would only excell under certain offenses. Portis has never had the benefit (as a Redskin) of the vertical passing attack. If he had those holes Betts had last year when JC came in, Pro Bowl!! He's used to having 11 guys in the box!! At Denver he probably never had less than a 1300 yard season!

']Having two good RB's is a luxury you don't give up. You have to figure Portis will probably miss at least a game or two. Why give up the kind of insurance the Skins have? And Betts could ease the burden on Portis even if he doesn't get hurt.

What he said. I dont think that you give this up at all... I say we keep Betts and honestly just confuse defenses by switching them in and out...

Archived