Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Betts

2006Skins

look what portis did behind brunell. and besides, its not like he's a receiver.. the transition for a RB/QB isn't no where near the same as QB/WR... I mean you can try and make up every excuse you can but the fact is that betts was here before portis was, and didn't get the startin job over trung canidate. He wont win it over Portis either. Portis is a complete back, betts is not.

picture this... if portis had those holes that betts had.. we would have won a lot more games then we did. facts are facts man.. portis scores and wins games.. betts doesn't, but betts steps up and fills the RB posisiton solid if portis is hurt.. but portis is who you want to have in because he is dangerous everywhere and teams have to plan around him, solely.

Betts is our back-up for a reason. and don't you think if he was good enough to be our starter that he would of won it by now? I mean he has been here longer than CP and we are paying him less, why else would we still want CP?? Because he is better. and he helps us win games. You can't go around it. that's why portis is the franchise rb. you can't deny his skills and i wont let anyone take what hes done for us away from him, i have too much pride in this team.

Once again, Portis is an average runner at best. RBs like him are a dime a dozen. He is a product of the worst trade in Redskins history and the most overrated back in the league. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just blinded by team loyalty and not looking at him with objectivity.

With all of this talks about people wanting to trade Portis I was wondering what the thoughts are for those who wish to keep CP. Do we shop Betts and see what he is worth? I think right now would be a great time to trade Betts because his stock is so high. He could start for half the teams out there because he is a waste of cap space backing up CP for his salary.

I like that idea.

With all of this talks about people wanting to trade Portis I was wondering what the thoughts are for those who wish to keep CP. Do we shop Betts and see what he is worth? I think right now would be a great time to trade Betts because his stock is so high. He could start for half the teams out there because he is a waste of cap space backing up CP for his salary.

Just to let you know... That is probably the least thought out, non-researched, waste of page space ever recorded on the internet.

It was even worse than windows millenium.

Yes. That bad.

Where is the NNT police when you need them? :doh:

Why are there still trade threads about any of our players? THE DRAFT IS OVER! There is no leverage in any situation for us. What are we going to do, trade starting caliber players to teams that we don't know how they will pan out this season? Trade Betts for a late 3rd or 4th rounder possibly? Not going to get much more than that if McGahee and Thomas Jones went for just a little more than that. Betts signed a cap-friendly contract, long-term and Portis' contract is suicide for our salary cap. No need to trade these guys, there is plenty of room in the backfield for them both. Every team needs a 1-2 punch, especially our offense.

Having both Portis and Betts helps detract from the need of other skill positions on offense, mainly taller, possession receivers. Portis and Betts will carry 50% or more of the offensive load next year with Cooley as our possession guy, Moss as our deep threat, Randle El as our gadet/trick/wild card player, and Lloyd as our project player to see if he can fit into this offense and get a better attitude. Moreover, having two quality running backs will help JC's transition into being the full-time, long-term starting quarterback.

half the backs in the NFL didnt have our O-line... and why couldn't He score???

you can have driven driggin trucks through those holes he had. Don't be so blind man. He's a great back up for us, but there is NO way he is better than portis man... he never will be. portis has PROVEN he can win for us.. betts has not.

it's not that hard, don't be so closeminded. just watch the game. The W's is waht matters

Great point. Duckett ran behind that line last season, and of course finished with over 3000 yards, and went to the pro bowl.

Anyone could have run through those holes. Heck, you probably could have gone to the pro bowl.:laugh:

HE HAD 6 20+ RUNS IN 9 GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in 2005 cp had 6 20+ yard runs in 16 games so what you gotta say now

Please don't let facts get in the way of a good story. Especially a huge man crush.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

portis wont need to HIT, and NO he wont be slower because tendonitis goes away. it's just swelling. that's it...some rest and medicine will clear that up in a month or so. do research man

Many nfl careers have ended from tendonitis.

You playing high school soccer, and having tendonitis, is 1/zillionth the impact that a helmet against your knee every Sunday will cause.

If you like, I can post links to 20 nfl starters right now who hung in up from tendonitis. Case closed.

Another fallacy in your tirade? The ignorant rant about Betts having a higher ypc last season than Portis has EVER had as a Redskin, because he was only running on 3rd down.

Betts ran on every down, and had a ton of carries. Another one shot down.

Keep trying though....it is amusing.....in a "look at that car wreck" kind of way.

Start Betts....he earned it.

:applause:

Please don't let facts get in the way of a good story. Especially a huge man crush.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Betts also had the opportunity to play with a Qb that defenses knew had the arm strngth to air it out. Portis did not. you are the one with the man crush as you have proven in multiple threads on the same exact issue.

Betss is great at his role and we are lucky to have him. Portis is the game changing back that EVERYONE wants as their starter.

Please for the love of god people STOP the trade Portis or Betts Threads and while we are at it stop the cut/trade Springs threads as well. This has been discussed at length.

We need a longer season like NASCAR has to stop the madness;)

Please dont say trade Betts, there is a reason we signed him to like a 5 year deal. He is gonna be a back-up yes, but he is gonna sub in for CP and get plenty of carries. Last season he proved that he WAS worth it.

I wish people could just be happy with two great runningbacks on the team.

Here we go again. Look we have a great one two punch at the RB position why would we want to trade them away. Alot of team would kill to have the two backs we have, but it seem some redskins fan are never happy.

You have got to be out of your damn mind if you want to trade Betts. Aside from the tandem thing (which is a great advantage) and the fact that he is a core Skin, you have to remember that Portis is beginning to show a little wear. Once you dislocate your shoulder, it becomes much easier to do it again.

Remember the Duckett fiasco? We lost a 3rd round pick because we didn't know if we had a worthy backup for Portis. Now we know we do. What happens if we trade Betts and (god forbid) Portis goes down?

Many nfl careers have ended from tendonitis.

You playing high school soccer, and having tendonitis, is 1/zillionth the impact that a helmet against your knee every Sunday will cause.

If you like, I can post links to 20 nfl starters right now who hung in up from tendonitis. Case closed.

Another fallacy in your tirade? The ignorant rant about Betts having a higher ypc last season than Portis has EVER had as a Redskin, because he was only running on 3rd down.

Betts ran on every down, and had a ton of carries. Another one shot down.

Keep trying though....it is amusing.....in a "look at that car wreck" kind of way.

Start Betts....he earned it.

:applause:

Your post is EXTREMELEY foolish. But why have it any other way? This is extreme skins. I am calling you out on the 20 NFL starters that hung up their cleats from tendonitis... ready... set...

GO!

Archived