Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Betts

2006Skins

With all of this talks about people wanting to trade Portis I was wondering what the thoughts are for those who wish to keep CP. Do we shop Betts and see what he is worth? I think right now would be a great time to trade Betts because his stock is so high. He could start for half the teams out there because he is a waste of cap space backing up CP for his salary.

Dear god, Can you people please go a day without starting a thread about trading someone? What will we accomplish by trading a GREAT backup back who is costing like less than $2 mil per year? Besides, god forbid something else happens to portis do you think we can get someone half as good as Betts for for that cheap? Remember when we tried that with Duckett, we all know how that went. We have a great starter, overrated or not and a proven backup who can pick up right away. Now lets try as hard as we can to break up the backfield.:doh:

Add another to the list of reasons why this is a terrible idea:

Betts signed up to stay on here at what was likely somewhat less than he could have gotten on the open market (and might well have had a chance to start). Unlike many here, I don't much blame Pierce or Smoot or certainly Dockery for signing on elsewhere for more, but I think it sends a terrible signal to Skins in the future (core or otherwise) who want to stick around: if they sign a contract extension rather than testing the open market and signing where they want, at the price they want, they may end up getting shipped out and having their under-market contract transferred to someplace they may have no interest in playing or living.

Even apart from the ethical underhandedness, that's no way to build a football team with chemistry.

Trade Cooley!!!!!!!!!

Trade Joe Gibbs for a Kiffin :doh:

trade dan synder for al davis...at least davis has been around a few winners and will probably give up the ghost in a few years anyways

j/k i think our owner really wants us to win and we should give him credit for getting gibbs back

With all of this talks about people wanting to trade Portis I was wondering what the thoughts are for those who wish to keep CP. Do we shop Betts and see what he is worth? I think right now would be a great time to trade Betts because his stock is so high. He could start for half the teams out there because he is a waste of cap space backing up CP for his salary.
are you insane? imo betts is better then portis, healthier better at breaking tackles and carries the ball farther down the field

Need the 1-2 punch with the beating RB' take these days, and we have one of the best. No way trade Betts. Pretend for a moment we were in contention last year. How badly would we have been screwed had he not been there?

Archived