Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Betts

2006Skins

Nahhhhh, even though I love portis, Betts has proven he can be a postive contributor to the team and he does get + gaines even though he doesn't break m(any) he can get us first downs and he relieves portis and the 1-2 punch is nice, we'll see where blaylock fits in though. Everyone else in the league knows betts wont be as productive on their team as he is on the redskins. It's just one of those things. Just like POrtis is our number 1 guy, Betts is our solid number 2 guy. If you had that kind of solidity on all your depth you would win the super bowl every year.

i wonder if the saints wanna trade deuce or reggie? hey the colts have marvin harrison...they don't need reggie wayne..............we're keeping both and when they tear up defenses next year the same people calling for the trades will be up cheering them on:point2sky

are you insane? imo betts is better then portis, healthier better at breaking tackles and carries the ball farther down the field

Betts has never broken over a 30 yeard gain in his career. EVER!...I do agree he is a GREAT back-up the numbers and the wins don't lie. When Portis goes over 100 we win games, not so much with betts. Portis doesn't fumble in clutch times, Betts does.

Betts has shown he has improved as our back-up and has shown if our starter goes down he can come in and fill that position 75% and that's great for a back-up playing for a injured starter.. that being said, portis is the real deal, he may not be as flashy as LT or whatever but portis gets the job done and he goes everything better then betts.

thank you come again..

i should comment on my own post, i wasnt saying portis isn't good, we have one of the best 1-2 punches in the league and no way in hell i would want to trade either one of the two, we are perfectly fine in that department. Betts def. proved what he's capable of last season yea he fumbled a few times, but so did portis, I love cp to death maybe saying betts is better was a bit much, but my expectations in betts for the future are very high

Betts has never broken over a 30 yeard gain in his career. EVER!...I do agree he is a GREAT back-up the numbers and the wins don't lie. When Portis goes over 100 we win games, not so much with betts. Portis doesn't fumble in clutch times, Betts does.

Betts has shown he has improved as our back-up and has shown if our starter goes down he can come in and fill that position 75% and that's great for a back-up playing for a injured starter.. that being said, portis is the real deal, he may not be as flashy as LT or whatever but portis gets the job done and he goes everything better then betts.

thank you come again..

keep fighting on behalf of our man CP. :applause:

anyone that claims betts is better than portis is medically insane. that being said, betts is a hell of a back (thanks ole ball coach). considering that portis has had tendinitis this preseason - and keep in mind, i bought a portis jersey 8 days ago - we have to keep betts. i know betts fumbles more, and i know people who thikn portis is less of a homerun threat should be sent to guantonamo (spelling?)- we still need betts. you look at the redskins current roster, and who are the guys we have pride in? the broncos turned portis into a star, sean taylor was a homerun from day -10, and marcus washingont and shawn springs were probowlers before we got them. the pride of the ****ing redskins are players like ladell betts (a guy even the ball coach knew had talent), cooley (a guy we knew to trade up for), and randle el (a guy who, assuming he has less than 10 touchdowns, the media will kill us for disregarding the fact that he may give us 4 wins next year with his leadership alone). we have some homegrown talent. h.b. blades is ready to fall into that catagory as well. anyone that says, at this point, that the 2007-2008 redskins are about free agencyh is an idiot. this team will be about draft picks (cooley, taylor, rogers, landry, campbell) and trades (an elite portis, the ever-dangerous moss). we are in better shape than these idiots know. and im embarrassed because my girlfirned just beat me in bowling (turns out she has been in a league since she was like ****ing 10)

TGIJEF

jtgioef

i wonder if the saints wanna trade deuce or reggie? hey the colts have marvin harrison...they don't need reggie wayne..............we're keeping both and when they tear up defenses next year the same people calling for the trades will be up cheering them on:point2sky

I wouldn't exactly compare Betts to reggie wayne or marvin harrison, or deuce or bush actually. but i hear the point your making:cheers:

anyone that claims betts is better than portis is medically insane. that being said, betts is a hell of a back (thanks ole ball coach). considering that portis has had tendinitis this preseason - and keep in mind, i bought a portis jersey 8 days ago - we have to keep betts. i know betts fumbles more, and i know people who thikn portis is less of a homerun threat should be sent to guantonamo (spelling?)- we still need betts. you look at the redskins current roster, and who are the guys we have pride in? the broncos turned portis into a star, sean taylor was a homerun from day -10, and marcus washingont and shawn springs were probowlers before we got them. the pride of the ****ing redskins are players like ladell betts (a guy even the ball coach knew had talent), cooley (a guy we knew to trade up for), and randle el (a guy who, assuming he has less than 10 touchdowns, the media will kill us for disregarding the fact that he may give us 4 wins next year with his leadership alone). we have some homegrown talent. h.b. blades is ready to fall into that catagory as well. anyone that says, at this point, that the 2007-2008 redskins are about free agencyh is an idiot. this team will be about draft picks (cooley, taylor, rogers, landry, campbell) and trades (an elite portis, the ever-dangerous moss). we are in better shape than these idiots know. and im embarrassed because my girlfirned just beat me in bowling (turns out she has been in a league since she was like ****ing 10)

TGIJEF

jtgioef

lets give this guy a round of applaus!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause:

With all of this talks about people wanting to trade Portis I was wondering what the thoughts are for those who wish to keep CP. Do we shop Betts and see what he is worth? I think right now would be a great time to trade Betts because his stock is so high. He could start for half the teams out there because he is a waste of cap space backing up CP for his salary.

Bite your tongue! That would be the biggest mistake since the Portis-Champ Baily trade. Portis is an excellent pass blocker but an average runner at best. Averaging a meager 3.8 and 4.3 YPC in his 2 full years with 0 pro bowls. And last year 4.1, albeit in an injury situation. Rock Cartwright can equal those numbers.

Clinton is incredibly mediocre. He's just another overpriced, overrated player we collected off somebody else's trash heap and got hosed big time. Like Mark Brunell, Brandon Lloyd and TJ Duckett, who we are still paying for next year. That notwithstanding, Betts has outperformed, is the better back and will prove it again this year.

yea when portis is healthy he's great but lately with all his health issues im starting to get worried about em i think that might have a lot to do with why i blurted out i feel betts may be better. If he's healthy you bet he's better but tendonitis is usually an ongoing problem...lets hope its not ongoing for portis. If it lingers it could be a bad thing for us

i should comment on my own post, i wasnt saying portis isn't good, we have one of the best 1-2 punches in the league and no way in hell i would want to trade either one of the two, we are perfectly fine in that department. Betts def. proved what he's capable of last season yea he fumbled a few times, but so did portis, I love cp to death maybe saying betts is better was a bit much, but my expectations in betts for the future are very high

don't be silly, and say "so did portis" when you are refering to betts vs portis in the fumbling category. Betts has a fumbling PROBLEM, portis doesn't.

Portis may fumble once every season, Betts runs the risk of fumbling every game. and he fumbles in clutch scenarios. and facts are, Portis does everything better at the RB pos than Betts. that's why he is the starter. and that's why he can score.

TELL ME HOW PORTIS GOT MORE TD's THAN BETTS AND HAD WAY LESS CARRIES? if Betts was the one who had all those TD's and portis was the one who scored less TD's than betts and betts got injured you guys would be screamin that portis sucks and bla hblah blah. it's crazy to even think that betts is better. no way no how

but thanks for realizing that what you said what crazy because some people refuse to accept the truth. If it wasn't true, we wouldn't have traded champ bailey for portis and betts would of been starting all along becasue he has had plenty of chances

why does it matter whose better.....last time i checked they were both on the REDSKINS right...?????

It doesnt matter, i made a comment about betts being better earlier in the post and it was dumb to trade em. Thats how the whole whos better thing got started

Bite your tongue! That would be the biggest mistake since the Portis-Champ Baily trade. Portis is an excellent pass blocker but an average runner at best. Averaging a meager 3.8 and 4.3 YPC in his 2 full years with 0 pro bowls. And last year 4.1, albeit in an injury situation. Rock Cartwright can equal those numbers.

Clinton is incredibly mediocre. He's just another overpriced, overrated player we collected off somebody else's trash heap and got hosed big time. Like Mark Brunell, Brandon Lloyd and TJ Duckett, who we are still paying for next year. That notwithstanding, Betts has outperformed, is the better back and will prove it again this year.

I believe portis has made 2 pro-bowls? at least 1 I know that much. and when portis goes over 100 yards you can pretty much strike up a W. He carries us, and seriously, you can't compare YPC avg becuse portis is an everydown back.

Betts numbers would be way lower if he had the same amount of carries as portis, plus betts fumbles and struggles to score. sorry bud

straight up, portis has the capability of carrying us to WINS, Betts doesn't, and has proved that.

Betts has been a redskin before portis was, so don't you think if betts was bette rthen the redskins would have known that? I mean Betts is just not an everydown back and he's a back-up. saying that, he could start for a few other teams but they too would get fed up with lack of TD production and fumbleitis.

I believe portis has made 2 pro-bowls? at least 1 I know that much. and when portis goes over 100 yards you can pretty much strike up a W. He carries us, and seriously, you can't compare YPC avg becuse portis is an everydown back.

Betts numbers would be way lower if he had the same amount of carries as portis, plus betts fumbles and struggles to score. sorry bud

how in the world can you not compare ypc? and it was our defense that kept us from winning

but thanks for realizing that what you said what crazy because some people refuse to accept the truth. If it wasn't true, we wouldn't have traded champ bailey for portis and betts would of been starting all along becasue he has had plenty of chances

I don't see how the history of incompetence in the front office can be a matter of question.

yeah - lets pretend we wouldnt have traded champ bailey for portis. then we would have ended up with betts and ??? someone please answer this. dont get me wrong - id love to have a solid backup RB as our starter and no champ . CAN WE SAY THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL - CHAMP BAILEY WOULD HAVE ****ING LEFT. TRADING FOR PORTIS WAS POSSIBLY THE GREATEST DEAL IN REDSKINS HISTORY. WE GOT A POSSIBLE HALL OF FAME RUNNING BACK FOR A PLAYER WHOM WE OTHERISEWISE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN NOTHING FOR. HE WAS GOING TO LEAVE. GOODNIGHT IM SORRY IT HAD TO BE SAID. champ bailry, CB, from university of georgia, was going to sign with another team after his final season with the redskins. instead, we traded for an elite running back. anyone who says the redskins got worked in the deal is dumber than michael vick, and i might accuse of fighting more dogs than of him who says otherwise. if you think portis is not the guy, you are stupid. i wouldnt let you drive my car. i wouldnt let you take my tests. i wouldnt let you play for me in madden. i wouldnt let you decide when i need to take a piss or not. portis is better than betts. those threads are over. and the failure of gibbs and the redskins is over - because of clinton ****ing portis.

tgijef

I've been thinking about this since we signed Blaylock. Portis is a Redskin and will stay a Redskin. He has a big contract and high priced RBs don't have too much trade value right now. Now Ladell just signed a modest contract and could start for a cpl teams and could certainly compete for a starting job with many more. His stock is probably pretty high after such a great year last season.

I would hate to ruin a great thing, but Blaylock could easily handle the 3rd down back role, he's good at catchig the ball out of the backfield and can block.Anyway, never going to happen. RB's don't have very good value right now with all the 2back teams and with the success of guys like MJD, Addai, Maroney, Norwood, etc.

I said he made 0 pro bowls with us.. he made 1 with Denver. I am not alone in my opinion, look here at the most overrated running back:

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/StreetCred/2007/05/22/The_Most_Overrated_and_Underrated_Players_in_the_NFL

TGIJEF

jtgioef

Agreed. We need to have 2 running backs. teams are startin to realize that you can't have just one good running back because he will most likely get banged up and eventually hurt. betts' power running is a great compliment to clinton's outside more scatback type running. Betts and portis keep each other fresh. Having 300 lb lineman sitting on you takes a big toll on anyone.

exactly, champ bailey made it clear that he wasnt going to re-sign wit hthe redskins. SO actually getting portis we got something real good otherwise we wouldnt of gotten anything. It's obvious people around here forget easily, and don't much about what they are talking about.

Archived