Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Betts

2006Skins

thebootydr, that's your opinion, strictly opinion. I don't think portis overrated at all. he's carried us into the play-offs and we win with him in. it's simple as that. I dont care about what other people think. Just watch the games, it's the W's and L's that count. I'm happy with portis and i'd say 80% of the redksin fans are happy to have portis so how is that overrated? give me a break

Bite your tongue! That would be the biggest mistake since the Portis-Champ Baily trade. Portis is an excellent pass blocker but an average runner at best. Averaging a meager 3.8 and 4.3 YPC in his 2 full years with 0 pro bowls. And last year 4.1, albeit in an injury situation. Rock Cartwright can equal those numbers.

Clinton is incredibly mediocre. He's just another overpriced, overrated player we collected off somebody else's trash heap and got hosed big time. Like Mark Brunell, Brandon Lloyd and TJ Duckett, who we are still paying for next year. That notwithstanding, Betts has outperformed, is the better back and will prove it again this year.

you are onw of the people who don't know what they are talking about. How is it a mistake to trade bailey to get portis when bailey made it clear he wasn't going to re-sign with us? tell me that please.

ty thebooty for showing that article because portis IS overrated, dont get me wrong he is good but his own fans expect more of him then he can give. put it in your heads that hes not that great, yea hes good, better then average but not that great. idk maybe he'd be better if he'd quit crying everytime he gets kicked in the shin

you are onw of the people who don't know what they are talking about. How is it a mistake to trade bailey to get portis when bailey made it clear he wasn't going to re-sign with us? tell me that please.

i agree. again, if you dont think portis is a better back than betts either:

a) you have no memory of the 2005 season. i remember being in sectikon 319 for the biggest TD in recent redskins history (the TD against the giants on DEC 24 , 2005 - my 21st bday and best bday ever)

B) if you have actually watched the redkins for the past 3 years, i woudlnt let you take my dog out to ****

portis is our franchise - as he goes, we go. get ****ing real.

tgijef

how in the world can you not compare ypc? and it was our defense that kept us from winning

you can't compare portis' YPC vs Betts because betts is a back-up and he dooesn't touch the ball near as much as portis, therefore portis being an everydown back, of coruse his YPC is going to be less then betts.

its like this..

if you have a back who has 1 run for 15 yards, his YPC is 15 yards..

but if you have a back like portis, who is a everydown back, and he has 30+ touches a game. but say his ypc is 4.0 yards... you are going ot tell me that the back who YPC is 15yards is a better running back then the guys who is 4.0?

NOO of course no, the only reason betts has a better average is because he doesn't touch the ball as much, it's math. simple, very simple.. I don't know why it's so hard to understand:doh:

yeah - lets pretend we wouldnt have traded champ bailey for portis. then we would have ended up with betts and ??? someone please answer this. dont get me wrong - id love to have a solid backup RB as our starter and no champ . CAN WE SAY THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL - CHAMP BAILEY WOULD HAVE ****ING LEFT. TRADING FOR PORTIS WAS POSSIBLY THE GREATEST DEAL IN REDSKINS HISTORY. WE GOT A POSSIBLE HALL OF FAME RUNNING BACK FOR A PLAYER WHOM WE OTHERISEWISE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN NOTHING FOR. HE WAS GOING TO LEAVE. GOODNIGHT IM SORRY IT HAD TO BE SAID. champ bailry, CB, from university of georgia, was going to sign with another team after his final season with the redskins. instead, we traded for an elite running back. anyone who says the redskins got worked in the deal is dumber than michael vick, and i might accuse of fighting more dogs than of him who says otherwise. if you think portis is not the guy, you are stupid. i wouldnt let you drive my car. i wouldnt let you take my tests. i wouldnt let you play for me in madden. i wouldnt let you decide when i need to take a piss or not. portis is better than betts. those threads are over. and the failure of gibbs and the redskins is over - because of clinton ****ing portis.

tgijef

Oh yeah, such a great trade.. PLEASE!!! Remember we also gave up a 2nd round pick! Clinton was/is barely worth that alone. I think that is how Denver got him in the first place. We could have done a lot better than an overrated blowhard! The statement can go two ways. Baily could go nowhere unless we let him. All we had to was keep franchising him, until we got equal value. THAT TRADE WAS A JOKE THAT SHOWED JUST HOW OUT OF TOUCH GIBBS WAS!!

i agree. again, if you dont think portis is a better back than betts either:

a) you have no memory of the 2005 season. i remember being in sectikon 319 for the biggest TD in recent redskins history (the TD against the giants on DEC 24 , 2005 - my 21st bday and best bday ever)

B) if you have actually watched the redkins for the past 3 years, i woudlnt let you take my dog out to ****

portis is our franchise - as he goes, we go. get ****ing real.

tgijef

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: at least someone gets it!!!! and when people say ports has health issues.. This is his first year being hurt. Yo ugotta expect a player that gets targeted for hits every play might go down sometime. But he is pretty tough and tendonitis is nothing. I have had in when i was younger. it's just overactivation of your joint and muscles and stuff. inflamation basically. He'll be back and he'll be showing why he's our franchise. I don't care what portis's numbers say, he shows how important he is to us when he plays. He can even throw TDs

you can't compare portis' YPC vs Betts because betts is a back-up and he dooesn't touch the ball near as much as portis, therefore portis being an everydown back, of coruse his YPC is going to be less then betts.

its like this..

if you have a back who has 1 run for 15 yards, his YPC is 15 yards..

but if you have a back like portis, who is a everydown back, and he has 30+ touches a game. but say his ypc is 4.0 yards... you are going ot tell me that the back who YPC is 15yards is a better running back then the guys who is 4.0?

NOO of course no, the only reason betts has a better average is because he doesn't touch the ball as much, it's math. simple, very simple.. I don't know why it's so hard to understand:doh:

so your saying if betts getts LESS runs butt more ypc and portis gets More carries but less ypc that makes portis the better back? that doesnt make sense to me, that means he carries the ball farther down the field the few times he gets the ball

Oh yeah, such a great trade.. PLEASE!!! Remember we also gave up a 2nd round pick! Clinton was/is barely worth that alone. I think that is how Denver got him in the first place. We could have done a lot better than an overrated blowhard! The statement can go two ways. Baily could go nowhere unless we let him. All we had to was keep franchising him, until we got equal value. THAT TRADE WAS A JOKE THAT SHOWED JUST HOW OUT OF TOUCH GIBBS WAS"

yeah because franchised players in the NFL have a great recent track record. we franchise chance - what would have happened? in case you need help, here:

a) we franchise him for once year, and then let him go in free agency (getting nothing in return)

B) he sits out of OTA's, mini camp, preseason - you king name it - champ wasnt coming back - and then we seek a trade for what, a 4th rounder?

CHAMP WAS LEAVING. FINE IF YOU DONT LIKE CLINTON. HOWEVER, WE GOT CLINTON FOR WHAT WAS, ESSENTIALLY, NOTHING.

tgijef

Two back systems work, and good teams know this. Look at the Chargers, LT is great but Turner helps quite a bit. Not only that but having two backs is what finally put the Colts over the top to win the big game IMO. We have a lot of depth at RB and I for one would like to keep it that way.

OMFGz!!!1

NNT for like 50 yearzzz!!

This iz a stoopid topik!!!!1

:laugh: You are kidding, right? Please tell me you are kidding. You charged in on your white horse in a Portis thread earlier, pitying peoples lives for making the same type of comments that you made above.

Demanding him to be banned.. NNTed for "2 years". Being traded to the Dallas Cowboys forum for who cares in return..

Also, people have been claiming that the OP does crack.

All of that because he started a thread. I do not care how many threads are started on the same subject.. it isn't up to you or any one else on this board (save the mods) to do anything but, debate the topic at hand.

Don't like that idea? ..simply state that. No need to attack the OP for stating his opinion..

Aren't those your words praise? Being a bit hypercritical, aren't you?

Two back systems work, and good teams know this. Look at the Chargers, LT is great but Turner helps quite a bit. Not only that but having two backs is what finally put the Colts over the top to win the big game IMO. We have a lot of depth at RB and I for one would like to keep it that way.
he's right, we do have a great depth so lets just stop arguing about whos better, at least we have them both

exactly, champ bailey made it clear that he wasnt going to re-sign wit hthe redskins. SO actually getting portis we got something real good otherwise we wouldnt of gotten anything. It's obvious people around here forget easily, and don't much about what they are talking about.

Pay attention.. we could have kept his rights in our control indefinately..

I only started this thread to oppose those who think we should trade Portis. I think Betts is way more expendable than Portis is. While I do not wish to trade either, my point is I would rather have Portis in a one back system than Betts any day of the week.

I only started this thread to oppose those who think we should trade Portis. I think Betts is way more expendable than Portis is. While I do not wish to trade either, my point is I would rather have Portis in a one back system than Betts any day of the week.
no comment cause will only continue the argument :D

Two back systems work, and good teams know this. Look at the Chargers, LT is great but Turner helps quite a bit. Not only that but having two backs is what finally put the Colts over the top to win thee big game IMO. We have a lot of depth at RB and I for one would like to keep it that way.

i agree, and we lucked into this system by the fact the fact that betts is not selfish. in this thread alone i have slammed those who dont think portis is the real deal (rightfully so - you literally have to be ****ing stupid to slam a back who sets FRANCHISE RECORD in our current running sytem) but, that being said, betts is still def. legit as a backup. if portis goes down, not total disaster because betts is there. but, more than anything, look at last year's rams game. if betts doesnt fumble there,do we lose? no. betts doesnt suck, but portis is ELITE.

tgijef

you keep talking about how betts is going to go for 1700+ and all this crap but the fact is, BETTS IS OUR BACK-UP and he cant score. and betts has nevre even gone over 1300 yards. and never will a back who can't break a 30 yard run will ever go for that much. sorry, epseically with portis starting. and betts doesn't victimize dlinemen what are you talking about, maybe our Dlinemen cus he runs blindlessly into them

Look at the stats... continue the argument because I don't care. CP is a better back than Betts bar none.[/QUOT;E]

ok look at the 2005 stats for portis per game when he was healthy, and the per game stats from betts in 2006, im too lazy to look it up lol

but yeah, portis our franchise HB record holder is overrated. lord knows a back who can win carry us on his shoulders and can score and barely fumbles is overrated... pshtttttt pleaseeeeee

yeah, and joey harrington is going to win the superbowl next year for the faclons.

you keep talking about how betts is going to go for 1700+ and all this crap but the fact is, BETTS IS OUR BACK-UP and he cant score. and betts has nevre even gone over 1300 yards. and never will a back who can't break a 30 yard run will ever go for that much. sorry, epseically with portis starting. and betts doesn't victimize dlinemen what are you talking about, maybe our Dlinemen cus he runs blindlessly into them

once again, EXACTLY. and one need look no further than the NFC, because even an 8-8 team can make the playoffs. what if, next year, we are 7-8 going into the final game and we can get the wildcard with a win. TO BETTS SUPPORTERS - DO YOU REALLY, HONESTLY, THINK YOUD RATHER HAVE BETTS THAN PORTIS TO WIN YOU THAT FINAL GAME?

tgijef

Archived